• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It blows my mind that the core of our entire technology relies on people *voluntarily* sacrificing 20% of their mining revenue...

It's not that 90% payment rate is insufficient, it's that I don't like the entire protocol depending on altruism!
This.

Enforcement now! xD

Thank you for taking the time to read my "DarkMix" proposal. My goal is to try to make this wallet easier to understand for the average person (non-techie) such as myself.

I see based on the feedback, my proposal isn't happening, and I accept that.

Now, turning to today's conversation, I agree with an earlier post suggesting to have a "Darksend" tab, and move the info from the overview screen to the tab.

Overview screen would have balance, and anonymized balance, with a note to check the Darksend tab for more detail.

Darksend tab could then take advantage of space to have all options easily spelled out with help, and a larger status bar complete with explanation messages about what's currently happening in the process.

Tao

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AjM
95pcUpfef5pLI19LKWUDw5mWVS5nsyM3BjUBQPS5U1t1OFAthZWRFyQZDj6SmbV33GHAp2aK__5_CBrdzBpsEDgFbUftOefgpsoCeIDxOcVUJpCqjleWjxnUstkVPs4QsA

What about this?

I like this one... it has all the essentials in one screen (Completion bar, Anonymized, Amounts and Rounds and one button to both start and stop the anonymization process.

So the RC5 client will deny connections from anybody running RC2, for instance?

isn't that by definition a fork? if that RC2 finds a block, it will propagate it to only the RC2 and like minded clients? what am I missing?

isn't that by definition a fork? if that RC2 finds a block, it will propagate it to only the RC2 and like minded clients? what am I missing?
You are missing nothing - it's a fork, but RC2 clients are in minority and their chain will get orphaned by the network.

95pcUpfef5pLI19LKWUDw5mWVS5nsyM3BjUBQPS5U1t1OFAthZWRFyQZDj6SmbV33GHAp2aK__5_CBrdzBpsEDgFbUftOefgpsoCeIDxOcVUJpCqjleWjxnUstkVPs4QsA

What about this?

Hello Evan,
We need to show our level of professionality in every detail. DS+ is the best mixer. Lets act like it .
I want to choose the level of anonymization.
As far I understand , I need to hit Start button and wait until medium anonymization and hit stop , If medium anonymity is needed. In this situation you are making me waiting in front of the screen to hit the stop button.
We need to choose the level of anonymity. 2,4,8 round are enough .
Also after anonymization is done, I want to see what it mean. Lets say I choose 8 rounds. I want to see the mathematics like 3 person paired per 8 rounds = 1 to 6561. This is going to show me the real level of anonymizaiton .

You are missing nothing - it's a fork, but RC2 clients are in minority and their chain will get orphaned by the network.
Did Evan say something about it would keep forking even with a soft fork?

Then lets call a spade a spade.... this is a mandatory update , there will be forks. not spork.

I would still love to see a separate tab that says something like this:

Your 613 DRK has been divided into the following denominations to be anonymized:

500...Darksend rounds completed: 3/8
100...Darksend rounds completed: 3/8
10...Darksend rounds completed: 4/8
1...Darksend rounds completed: 5/8
1...Darksend rounds completed: 5/8
1...Darksend rounds completed: 3/8

Thank you for taking the time to read my "DarkMix" proposal. My goal is to try to make this wallet easier to understand for the average person (non-techie) such as myself.

I see based on the feedback, my proposal isn't happening, and I accept that.

Now, turning to today's conversation, I agree with an earlier post suggesting to have a "Darksend" tab, and move the info from the overview screen to the tab.

Overview screen would have balance, and anonymized balance, with a note to check the Darksend tab for more detail.

Darksend tab could then take advantage of space to have all options easily spelled out with help, and a larger status bar complete with explanation messages about what's currently happening in the process.

Tao
+1

Would really like to see a "coin control for dummies" section showing how many coins at each stage of anonymization:

Round Amount
0 599.65441
1 10.00000001
2 0
3 0
4 990.00000019
5 0
6 0
7 0
8 0

What about this?
This is not my own work but just a screenshot of something that I've found on the web.

What about using buttons like this that clearly indicates whether anonymizing is turned ON or OFF? Even for newbies it's quite obvious when it's ON and when it's OFF, just my thoughts on this...

JbX6ak5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not my own work but just a screenshot of something that I've found on the web.

What about using buttons like this that clearly indicates whether anonymizing is turned ON or OFF? Even for newbies it's quite obvious when it's ON and when it's OFF, just my thoughts on this...

JbX6ak5.jpg

Does the top one mean "IT IS ON" or "TURN IT ON"? :D

okay, testing with windows wallet v0.10.13.5
Total Balance 20.000
Darksend Amount and Rounds : 19.800 / 8 rounds

first split as exspected with new splitting methode :

MVy3x2u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back