• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darksend Overview Proposal

7pO99LtNlgXZao08vr59u0x-jGg5XJ4F6fR5_uCctW8cFNtQ7IxBltGBLggcIQ7viaM-lIlLzO7_yTs2QBkO-9SmQpnBPhi_VMRK2MeHaosaTtIVRLYu5h_Hp40CS3aNIg

To make the wallet less intrusive (starting when you boot up the wallet and asking for info) I've added a big "start anon" button, along with removing a lot of the more advanced functionality (you could still set rounds via commandline, but "Amount to anon" would be gone).

What's everyone think of this?
I think if you put the "Anonymized: xxx DRK" in a bigger box, users will be happy when they see their anon money rolling in (like a jackpot-- lol ---) then you can forego the Progress bar...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you put the "Anonymized: xxx DRK" in a bigger box, users will be happy when they see their anon money rolling in (like jackpot-- lol ---) then you can forego the Progress bar...

Unless I misunderstand, they won't see any anonymized money rolling in at all until the denominated amounts make it all the way through every round of mixing. So I could have some denominations at 7/8 rounds and still show zero anonymized and think that it's not working.

This may be outside the scope (something for the wallet redesign), but I think all the Darksend stuff needs a separate tab with a very clear overview of everything...show your initial input, how it was denominated, and then the status (how many rounds complete) of each denomination.

That said, I think the progress bar is a very good thing and should come back.

Where do you see a threshold? I just see the option to stop if for some reason people want to stop anonymization at a certain point.

In that example there is a "Amount to anonymize" setting, that's how the progress bar is calculated

Wallet Formating.png

For some reason the wallet does not format correctly for my screen. No idea why.

Edit: And for some reason during the initial agreement to the terms and service, the text is a huge landscape tower where I had to manually move the top off screen with the alt key just to agree.

Evan, out of curiosity, has the "kick old protocol versions off the network" been added yet, or does that come a little bit later in the testing process?

Evan, out of curiosity, has the "kick old protocol versions off the network" been added yet, or does that come a little bit later in the testing process?
This is nothing which will be "added" - we are simply increasing the internal protocol version used and deny connection from "old" clients.

95pcUpfef5pLI19LKWUDw5mWVS5nsyM3BjUBQPS5U1t1OFAthZWRFyQZDj6SmbV33GHAp2aK__5_CBrdzBpsEDgFbUftOefgpsoCeIDxOcVUJpCqjleWjxnUstkVPs4QsA

What about this?

Progress bar is defo a requirement and I like the idea that DS doesn't start automatically. As to whether we go for low/med/high or 2/4/8 rounds or whatever I'm not sure.

Putting my non-techy hat on for a minute.. If i wanted to send money anonymously then why would I go for the low option or the medium option? To a non-techy it will probably confuse them a bit? I'm sure this discussion has already been had in the past but if not it's probably something worth discussing...?

95pcUpfef5pLI19LKWUDw5mWVS5nsyM3BjUBQPS5U1t1OFAthZWRFyQZDj6SmbV33GHAp2aK__5_CBrdzBpsEDgFbUftOefgpsoCeIDxOcVUJpCqjleWjxnUstkVPs4QsA

What about this?
Evan, if we have 1000 drk to be anonymized and we stop the anonymizing midway, we have 0 anon drk, right? This is like a batch processing. I'm thinking if somehow we can have 1 drk anonymized at a time and throw the 1 anon drk in the box, then the next drk.. and so on..

This is nothing which will be "added" - we are simply increasing the internal protocol version used and deny connection from "old" clients.

So the RC5 client will deny connections from anybody running RC2, for instance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back