• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official Statement On Rebranding To Dash

Hey Bro, could you be the DASH Dalmatian without the unofficial logos for a little bit, a few days? It is your unofficial account but we will need your support in pushing the new branding and we need to avoid confusion by promoting unofficial logos. Just a friendly request.
OK OK, I did say all logos unofficial but I will do as you say, under protest...:wink:

EDIT: Done!

I will be having a logo design contest on BCT when DASH matures a bit. We have some talented people in this community!

но вы можете оставить в старом dashcoin?
согласен, что это не справедливо.
пусть DSH продолжает свою работу. Это вы, чем путь?

Dude, I dont speak russian, but c'mon! .... if you want our best help, do try to communicate neutrally, thats what we're doing. No fantasies, no false promises, just the blatant factual truth.

We dont want to harm anyone! But reality is your daily volume is under 80 bucks, and total marketcap under 2 or 3 Masternodes, and your main dev quit. Its not our fault !

If I could I would buy you out, to jump you over to our side, and would even make you a Masternode as good gesture!

is it possible to leave in working condition old project?
Github on and so forth?
I do not understand why the old coin freeze. because it does not hurt

Exactly!!

... my favourite exchange is Kraken and they comply by XBT, which I absolutely hate! But it has no meaning whatsoever, except makes Kraken one of the most credible exchanges out there.

(despite low volume)

If, imagine, a south america committee decided Bitcoin would be ZBT for regulatory compliance, the that would be that.

Lets focus on whats important. Hard work in every field that we can actually make some contribution.

One final word on the matter

Bitcoin Currency Code
Bitcoin is not recognized by the ISO and therefore does not have an official ISO 4217 code. A currency code is generally built from the two-digit ISO 3316 country code and a third letter for the currency. Although "BTC" is often used in the Bitcoin community, BT is the country code of Bhutan. An X-code reflects currencies that are used internationally and so, XE has chosen to use XBT to represent Bitcoin.
credit: http://www.xe.com/currency/xbt-bitcoin#additionalinfo

Bitcoin Currency Code
Bitcoin is not recognized by the ISO and therefore does not have an official ISO 4217 code. A currency code is generally built from the two-digit ISO 3316 country code and a third letter for the currency. Although "BTC" is often used in the Bitcoin community, BT is the country code of Bhutan. An X-code reflects currencies that are used internationally and so, XE has chosen to use XBT to represent Bitcoin.

Mangled, we've always been buddies bro... but you're being silly.
One, if not the main reason, BTC is no recognized is EXACTLY because it does not fit the bill as a currency, while we do (fungibility).

You can't standardize and certify something entirely new and unheard of. Its not fish nor meat, as we say here.
Darkcoin is different. It IS digital cash by default !

Evan is a smart cookie with solid solid financial background. Let him roll the dice, he's far ahead any one of us.

Dude, I dont speak russian, but c'mon! .... if you want our best help, do try to communicate neutrally, thats what we're doing. No fantasies, no false promises, just the blatant factual truth.

We dont want to harm anyone! But reality is your daily volume is under 80 bucks, and total marketcap under 2 or 3 Masternodes, and your main dev quit. Its not our fault !

If I could I would buy you out, to jump you over to our side, and would even make you a Masternode as good gesture!

ok. you have the option to include in the project darkcoin old dashcoin project?
if it were possible to find an adequate trade-off would be great

Mangled, we've always been buddies bro... but you're being silly.
One, if not the main reason, BTC is no recognized is EXACTLY because it does not fit the bill as a currency, while we do (fungibility).

You can't standardize and certify something entirely new and unheard of. Its not fish nor meat, as we say here.
Darkcoin is different. It IS digital cash by default !

Evan is a smart cookie with solid solid financial background. Let him roll the dice, he's far ahead any one of us.

?? Did I miss something

Does 1 BTC not = 1 BTC

For example, since one ounce of gold is equivalent to any other ounce of gold, gold is fungible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fungibility

ok. you have the option to include in the project darkcoin old dashcoin project?
if it were possible to find an adequate trade-off would be great
´
I dont know what you mean by "include".

What I know is your coins is essentially dead, Evan bought the rights to it, so he can do what he wants with it (I think) ... so, again, just like windows, or OSX, or linux... new versions make old version incompatible and obsolete.

I'm sure if there is anything in the Dashcoin code useful to DRK/DASH, that Evan would happilly include it.
Other than that, its the cruel world of the markets. I hope this news pumps your portfolio and you exit much higher !!

is it possible to leave in working condition old project?
Github on and so forth?
I do not understand why the old coin freeze. because it does not hurt

I would love to tell you that is possible, but it is not, because we bought the rights to the name so we can't keep that one running. Like I said before, you should direct your inquiries to the original developer, I am trying to be as helpful as I can be, but you do need to understand that "Dashcoin" is no more.

?? Did I miss something

Does 1 BTC not = 1 BTC

For example, since one ounce of gold is equivalent to any other ounce of gold, gold is fungible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fungibility

Precisely! You just dont get it !!
Bitcoin is NOT fungible...
Darkcoin is, because of the Masternode Network and Darksend.

Definitely, 1 BTC is certainly NOT = to 1 BTC - thats the whole point of Darkcoin (Xcoin even?) to start with !!

That is exactly WE ARE THE REVOLUTION !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming since this was announced that the trademarking overhang is settled without worry of contest.

The Darkcoin Chameleon re-brands to the DASH Dalmatian (no logos official):

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/576191401421078528

Cheers, Tao
k
The Darkcoin Chameleon re-brands to the DASH Dalmatian (no logos official):

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/576191401421078528

Cheers, Tao
This is great Tao, I really liked the chameleon, but the Dalmatian has a much more generic appeal. Most folks would be far more comfortable with puppies than lizards. Keep up the great work!

Bitcoin Currency Code
Hey there MB, I seriously doubt that Dash will ever be recognized as an "official" currency, so to that extent I don't think there is any urgency on this front. But I love your new icon. :cool:

Hey there MB, I seriously doubt that Dash will ever be recognized as an "official" currency, so to that extent I don't think there is any urgency on this front. But I love your new icon. :cool:

strix... say whaaaaat ??
What is going on here is exactly the opposite of what you're saying. We are the ONLY crypto technically capable of contending exactly that !!

(am I nuts here??... seriously, someone give me a chill-pill if you think its needed!! )

Back