• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What the hell is wrong with this picture? i thought we were a decentralized project?

"i thought we were a decentralized project?"

Lets get back to this point.

How can it be decentralized when nobody else does anything?

On one hand, you can blame the core for "centralizing."

But if they're the only ones doing anything, well, uh, it's only "centralized" by proxy of the fact that everyone else is sitting on their ass.

It's exactly the same as 3rd Wave Feminazis complaining that women aren't "represented" in STEM fields.... Well, duh, motherfuckers! Maybe you had gotten a degree that was useful in a STEM field, instead of Gender Studies, you would be the woman representing in a STEM field....

If you want the project to be decentralized, fuckin' do something! I tried to plant DASH seeds with the vending machine, and we see how many community members get off their fat asses to find a retailer willing to host even one such machine...

On this particular point, the complainers have only themselves to blame.

@TheDashGuy; I even offered to drive the machine all the way over his place, if he'd find a retailer to host it. Did he find one? Did any of my detractors, either?

Not trying to make a personal thing of calling you out, but the truth can't be ignored in that light! Get off the couch or quit bitchin'!

If even one of these forum fanboys would get off the couch and talk to some retailers...

Just to prove a point:

http://www.dashnation.com/
http://dashndrink.com/
http://whatisdash.org/
http://www.thedashguy.com/
http://thedailydecrypt.com/
http://code.dashndrink.com/
http://dashngo.com/

# of Budget Proposals to refund me: 0
# of times I complained about doing free work: 0
# of assholes to call me a troll: 20+

Totally a troll.

You'd only be so lucky to have more people like myself in this community, who actually give a shit, but you guys actively and collecting run my type off with this bureaucratic political bullshit that gets pulled around here. I no longer feel the need to "actively" help out anymore nor be a forum dweller in this cesspool. You guys may see me on slack from time to time because I enjoy chatting with those nice folks there, and I promised to help Tao build a movement, and I still plan to do it. Not for anyone but my goddamn future kids and I would hope to god that some idiot doesn't screw the whole damn thing up out of greed and/or ignorance in the process.

Dash was and is currently pitched as "digital cash" don't forget that. If you wanna be paypal, spinoff the dashpay name and create paypal, but don't run digital cash into the ground doing so please. Don't lose your hedgehog, every business that starts "trying to do to much" as seen with evolution never arrives, luckily we still have time to regain our brains and actually deliver what Satoshi envisioned if we get our shit straight, which was a true digital currency that is fungible, secure, decentralized , instant and run by the 99%. Don't forget this shit, please.

hedgehog2-resized-600.gif

Who ever is in charge of Biz Dev around here needs to get their shit in line. Before they take Dash down with there outdated ideas of becoming paypal. Go be digital goddamn cash and build the new paypal as a layer to digital cash, DO NOT turn Dash into some paypal clone, PLEASE. Paypal is shit & Cash is King, i did make those sayings up they are repeated on the daily.

Call me a troll, call me a quitter, I don't care. I'm not here to make any friends, nor risk my morales and values to make a quick buck. I'm here to do my part to ensure that digital cash is what we're marketing, because its our endgame, not some paypal get rich quick scheme. I suggest some of you think more like me.

This will be my last forum post so I thought i'd make it count, with minimal swearing. It's time to deactivate TDG due to the army of douchebags at my feet.

Peace out guys. If you're ever in Seattle, let me know i'll show you around and buy you a joint ;]\\

edit: and go bookmark www.DashNation.com, (for @tao, not for me its his project now, i'm just the web monkey, hate me all you want.) there will be MANY updates in the coming weeks/months, most of which aimed at creating a little more decentralization in this mofo.

Centralization is a disease. Don't forget it.

Last edited:
TDGexit? You should be smarter than the english folks. You know that noboby told you to leave us,
except your ego? Now come down and learn your lessons. There's enough work for everyone in this project.

wow, now there's an analogy! The reason there was a Daxit was because bitcoin refused to change! Dash is better without them.. and so too is Britain without a protectionist eu!

Last edited:
TDGexit? You should be smarter than the english folks. You know that noboby told you to leave us,
except your ego? Now come down and learn your lessons. There's enough work for everyone in this project.

Can't blame someone for deciding not to do volunteer work in a non-fulfilling environment for them. The lesson to be learned is to understand why this decision was made and how it could have been prevented, if anyone is even interested in learning it.

Maybe Amanda B Johnson can do an episode for those of us with no clue what this spat is all about. Does it concern the monetary properties of Dash ? ;)

Last edited:
I hope that any new people who are considering investing in Dash would consider this thread to be a healthy debate which leads to consensus between interested parties, rather than personal attacks using vitriolic language....

Please keep this in mind folks.

If you're interested in my opinion as an outsider looking in. I will say that this thread does raise some serious concerns about the investment potential of this project. The public display of such hostility does not instill much confidence in the project's success from an investment perspective. One question that this thread has raised is what is the current ownership of existing Masternodes. Is there a public list of who the owners are and how many nodes are owned be each person.

Thanks
cmerriamleith

If you're interested in my opinion as an outsider looking in. I will say that this thread does raise some serious concerns about the investment potential of this project. The public display of such hostility does not instill much confidence in the project's success from an investment perspective. One question that this thread has raised is what is the current ownership of existing Masternodes. Is there a public list of who the owners are and how many nodes are owned be each person.

Thanks
cmerriamleith

Revealing who the masternode owners are is a very bad choice. Dash is supposed to be an anonymous coin. But how many nodes are owned by each person, this is a usefull information that should be availabe somehow.

How can we reveal the number of MNs a person owns, without revealing his name? I am thinking of it.

Maybe by using a CAPTCHA verification when a masternode votes for the budget. The statistics of the captcha and of the time the vote is casted, will reveal that a single person is hiding behind specific masternodes, without of course revealing his name.

Last edited:

Thanks
cmerriamleith

For good conversation, don't talk about money, religion and politics :-D The irony that some people came to dash because of the hostility in bitcoin! But having said that, I think you'll find, the higher the profile a coin, the more criticism you'll see.. after all, it is money...

But I think people separate their money from politics; people may have very strong / hostile political views, but it doesn't stop them using US dollars.

As for MN distribution, I've seen pages showing the distribution by hosting provider and by voting, but I couldn't find those links again.. so if someone else can help, please do. From what I remember, duffield has 300+ nodes (and still asks for his 5 dash back with each proposal!).. and there are a few devs with 100+ nodes. Half of all nodes sit on top of amazon (centralisation), and a list of public IPs for all nodes is always available (ready to be blocked at a moment's notice). MNs basically take the hit to protect end users privacy.

Half of all nodes sit on top of amazon (centralisation), and a list of public IPs for all nodes is always available (ready to be blocked at a moment's notice). MNs basically take the hit to protect end users privacy.

The above sentence is extremely important and one of the main reasons I believe dash is a bubble. One of the main reasons I do not invest on it.

I have made a proposal to solve this problem, but MNs (aka the persons hiding behind amazon ;) ) are not interested in it.

Last edited:
@tao may be making videos in his shower. But you know what? I watched that video first because I was thinking....OMG what is this? It got my attention. Just because something isn't perfect does not mean it won't work for publicity. The Dash Nation concept is a really good idea to create a community about Dash and the fundamental concepts. It is welcoming, fun, and not just about specs and technical mumbo jumbo./QUOTE]

Totally agree on this - It is very hard for a newbie (like me) to get familiarised with Dash - furthermore, information is scattered all over the place making it more difficult to learn more on Dash.

Revealing who the masternode owners are is a very bad choice. Dash is supposed to be an anonymous coin. But how many nodes are owned by each person, this is a usefull information that should be availabe somehow.

How can we reveal the number of MNs a person owns, without revealing his name? I am thinking of it.

Maybe by using a CAPTCHA verification when a masternode votes for the budget. The statistics of the captcha and of the time the vote is casted, will reveal that a single person is hiding behind specific masternodes, without of course revealing his name.

First, it's obvious that I am new to DASH, but my interest to come here was because I was a follower of Amanda Johnson. In her last 3 Youtube posts, she recommended DASH. So your new PR is working. I do not own any DASH or have any ownership in the DASH DAO. But I am comparing DASH versus Etherium.

But I see a slight conflict of interest in the above statement between disclosure of ownership of the DASH DAO masternodes and the anonymous use of DASH as a Crytpo. These are two very different and distinct topics and in my mind they should not be combined, mixed or confused.

In a public corporation, you know who the majority owners of the stock are since they will be controlling the board of directors and strategic direction of the Corp. Knowing who owns the shares of the corporation is very important investment information and it's publicly disclosed in the annual 10Ks and other Sec filings.

How much DASH a person owns and how they use that currency should remain anonymous which is the main purposes of Crypto.

So my questions are the following:

1. What is the fundamental purpose of a DAO?

2. Is the DAO supposed to be anonymous, or just distributed and autonomous? There is a big difference between anonymous versus autonomous.

3. What is the fundamental purpose of anonymous cryptocurrency?

4. How does disclosing the ownership of masternodes conflict with the anonymous use of DASH?

5. Does the DAO have an obligation to provide complete transparency of its ownership of the masternodes, since this is the equivalent of the stock ownership in a public corporation?

6. Is the fundamental purpose of the DASH DAO, and the fundamental purpose of DASH as an anonymous cryptocurrency in direct conflict with each other in this business model?

Thanks,

6. Is the fundamental purpose of the DASH DAO, and the fundamental purpose of DASH as an anonymous cryptocurrency in direct conflict with each other in this business model?

Short answer: Νο, there is no conflict.
Long answer: a proof of individuality is not necessarily against anonymity and privacy . Read more ...

Last edited:
Back