• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Update to 0.9.4.4 or 0.10.8.4 to prepare for the hardfork on May 25!

My test with remote/local with cold storage is that it just doesn't work with the new protocol. It activates for a time, then switch to "0" in the list and then disappears completely. I did the tests with 0.10.8.4, .5 and .6 same result. The setup was working fine (or so it seemed, the masternode was showing in the list and on the testnet I received payments) prior to 0.10.8.x.
I have the same problem... Everytime I think I got it working couple of hours later it's back to state 0

Last edited by a moderator:
No no... Evan has said before remote/local is possible... but that is a feature, not a main implementation!
First things first!
I'm sure solutions are soon to come.

No no... Evan has said before remote/local is possible... but that is a feature, not a main implementation!
First things first!
I'm sure solutions are soon to come.
Local/Remote works fine, we are saying the cold storage is not working with current implementation.

Local/Remote works fine, we are saying the cold storage is not working with current implementation.
Yep, they consistently go back to state 0 when on cold storage, it was certainly working on previous versions. We are going to need some feedback from eduffield on the matter since that feature is crucial. I dont think it has anything to do with the way we are setting them up, something changed or wasnt taken into account in the latest version, but I am just guessing. We will know soon.

Great ty! Thats not on the main page: DARKCOIN
Seems quite important.
I agree. With so much updates lately the website is not always the best source. The Mac wallet is updated by an independent developer, so he can't change the website and usually he just announces in bitcointalk. By the way, I don't know him and I don't even use a Mac, but he has asked for donations several times and he is doing a great job keeping up, so if you use his work consider donating :smile:

By the way, I don't know him and I don't even use a Mac, but he has asked for donations several times and he is doing a great job keeping up, so if you use his work consider donating :smile:

Done and +1

This is him:
XtwzEuurDTNeVK5a26AzzZDdVkkPkAQ7Eu

I've always had the wallets on the servers but my MNs keep appearing/disappearing. I can see them most of the time, but for brief periods they go away.

For some odd reason, it shows in the local wallets debug window as active. =1 but on Chaeplins website it's not listed at all.

Edit: I added darkcoin.io:9999 as a node to my local config. That seems to of resolved the issue. As long as the local wallet is never shutdown, it seems to remain in the list.

For some odd reason, it shows in the local wallets debug window as active. =1 but on Chaeplins website it's not listed at all.

Edit: I added darkcoin.io:9999 as a node to my local config. That seems to of resolved the issue. As long as the local wallet is never shutdown, it seems to remain in the list.

like literally?

addnode=darkcoin.io:9999 ?
I wonder if 23.23.186.131:9999 would also work maybe? I'll try

EDIT: with 23.23.131:9999 ... server sees 106 MN, and dozens of duplicates. Local sees 66
with darkcoin.io:9999 ... server sees 72 MN, local sees 80

Still can't see mine. Seems local / remote is broken. Evan!! Dont kill the beauty of this setup !!

like literally?

addnode=darkcoin.io:9999 ?
I wonder if 23.23.186.131:9999 would also work maybe? I'll try

EDIT: with 23.23.131:9999 ... server sees 106 MN, and dozens of duplicates. Local sees 66
with darkcoin.io:9999 ... server sees 72 MN, local sees 80

Still can't see mine. Seems local / remote is broken. Evan!! Dont kill the beauty of this setup !!

I have notice that if I "PAT" the 9999 port to my local wallet PC my MN stays alive (status =1). If I remove the "PAT" rule from my router the MN switch to status =0 after 10 mins or so.

So I guess the darkcoin daemon must be accessible from both the local AND the remote machine.
In short:
- Start darkcoind on your remote wallet
- Setup your (home) router so you can reach the 9999 port of your local wallet
- Start darkcoind on your local wallet machine with: "darkcoind -masternodeaddr=<remotewalletip>:9999" followed by
"darkcoind walletpassphrase <passphrase> 60" followed by
"darkcoind masternode start <passphrase>"
- Test your config by scanning the 9999 port of your local wallet machine (using your remote wallet linux): "nmap <localwalletip> -p 9999 -Pn " nmap should return something like: 9999/tcp open

I don't like it but it's better than a dead MasterNode I guess.

Hope this help!

I have notice that if I "PAT" the 9999 port to my local wallet PC my MN stays alive (status =1). If I remove the "PAT" rule from my router the MN switch to status =0 after 10 mins or so.

So I guess the darkcoin daemon must be accessible from both the local AND the remote machine.
In short:
- Start darkcoind on your remote wallet
- Setup your (home) router so you can reach the 9999 port of your local wallet
- Start darkcoind on your local wallet machine with: "darkcoind -masternodeaddr=<remotewalletip>:9999" followed by
"darkcoind walletpassphrase <passphrase> 60" followed by
"darkcoind masternode start <passphrase>"
- Test your config by scanning the 9999 port of your local wallet machine (using your remote wallet linux): "nmap <localwalletip> -p 9999 -Pn " nmap should return something like: 9999/tcp open

I don't like it but it's better than a dead MasterNode I guess.

Hope this help!

Nope... two days at it and no success at all. With this new update it seems the local IP gets registered, not the server side. So there is no point in having like 10 local VM linux darkcoinds with 1k deposit each, pointing to individual remote server IPs, validating MN status.

It seems, so far in dev, you really need individual physical IP's for each masternode... so I'm setting up my 2 node, 1 in my house, another at my parent's house so I can get 2 distinct public IP's...
This really SUCKS as on testnet this worked like magic. BUT .... Evan knows best and I will not argue with stuff I have no knowledge about.

Well, that remote/local setup works strange...
It all looks like there is 2 separate masternode networks or smth:
When 'grep....' gives me 40+ to 80+ -> my masternodes are shown with 0s in a 'list' command output and are not shown on either http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html or http://darkcoin.io/masternodes.txt (but they were with 1s previously - when I did 'darkoind masternode start' - and were listed too).
At the same time once 'grep....' gives me 100+ -> my masternodes are shown with 1 but still aren't shown on those two resources.
I keep grep-ing all day from time to time and masternodes was switching from one state to another without me touching local wallets (they were offline the whole day actually).
That's really confusing...

Well, I have had my wallet with the remote server for over 24 hours and I just checked on it, and one node was off (how did that happen?) and the other on, both on the list with a :0 next to their IP addresses. Looks like this is going to require a ton of monitoring!

Back