Update to 0.9.4.4 or 0.10.8.4 to prepare for the hardfork on May 25!

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
I've always had the wallets on the servers but my MNs keep appearing/disappearing. I can see them most of the time, but for brief periods they go away.

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
Feb 26, 2014
Dash Address
XerHCGryyfZttUc6mnuRY3FNJzU1Jm9u5L
I'm having the switching to 0 problem too.
Even with the local wallet continuously running, my MN disappears from the list. Is it required to generate a MN key for the remote config file?

Lzeppelin

Feb 27, 2014
Even with the local wallet continuously running, my MN disappears from the list. Is it required to generate a MN key for the remote config file?
I have no idea my wallet is on the server, also my MN just changed to 1 again somehow.

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
Feb 26, 2014
Dash Address
XerHCGryyfZttUc6mnuRY3FNJzU1Jm9u5L
For some odd reason, it shows in the local wallets debug window as active. =1 but on Chaeplins website it's not listed at all.

Edit: I added darkcoin.io:9999 as a node to my local config. That seems to of resolved the issue. As long as the local wallet is never shutdown, it seems to remain in the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

yidakee

Foundation Member
Apr 16, 2014
For some odd reason, it shows in the local wallets debug window as active. =1 but on Chaeplins website it's not listed at all.

Edit: I added darkcoin.io:9999 as a node to my local config. That seems to of resolved the issue. As long as the local wallet is never shutdown, it seems to remain in the list.
like literally?

addnode=darkcoin.io:9999 ?
I wonder if 23.23.186.131:9999 would also work maybe? I'll try

EDIT: with 23.23.131:9999 ... server sees 106 MN, and dozens of duplicates. Local sees 66
with darkcoin.io:9999 ... server sees 72 MN, local sees 80

Still can't see mine. Seems local / remote is broken. Evan!! Dont kill the beauty of this setup !!

AlexMomo

May 19, 2014
like literally?

addnode=darkcoin.io:9999 ?
I wonder if 23.23.186.131:9999 would also work maybe? I'll try

EDIT: with 23.23.131:9999 ... server sees 106 MN, and dozens of duplicates. Local sees 66
with darkcoin.io:9999 ... server sees 72 MN, local sees 80

Still can't see mine. Seems local / remote is broken. Evan!! Dont kill the beauty of this setup !!

I have notice that if I "PAT" the 9999 port to my local wallet PC my MN stays alive (status =1). If I remove the "PAT" rule from my router the MN switch to status =0 after 10 mins or so.

So I guess the darkcoin daemon must be accessible from both the local AND the remote machine.
In short:
- Start darkcoind on your remote wallet
- Setup your (home) router so you can reach the 9999 port of your local wallet
- Start darkcoind on your local wallet machine with: "darkcoind -masternodeaddr=<remotewalletip>:9999" followed by
"darkcoind walletpassphrase <passphrase> 60" followed by
"darkcoind masternode start <passphrase>"
- Test your config by scanning the 9999 port of your local wallet machine (using your remote wallet linux): "nmap <localwalletip> -p 9999 -Pn " nmap should return something like: 9999/tcp open

I don't like it but it's better than a dead MasterNode I guess.

Hope this help!

yidakee

Foundation Member
Apr 16, 2014
I have notice that if I "PAT" the 9999 port to my local wallet PC my MN stays alive (status =1). If I remove the "PAT" rule from my router the MN switch to status =0 after 10 mins or so.

So I guess the darkcoin daemon must be accessible from both the local AND the remote machine.
In short:
- Start darkcoind on your remote wallet
- Setup your (home) router so you can reach the 9999 port of your local wallet
- Start darkcoind on your local wallet machine with: "darkcoind -masternodeaddr=<remotewalletip>:9999" followed by
"darkcoind walletpassphrase <passphrase> 60" followed by
"darkcoind masternode start <passphrase>"
- Test your config by scanning the 9999 port of your local wallet machine (using your remote wallet linux): "nmap <localwalletip> -p 9999 -Pn " nmap should return something like: 9999/tcp open

I don't like it but it's better than a dead MasterNode I guess.

Hope this help!
Nope... two days at it and no success at all. With this new update it seems the local IP gets registered, not the server side. So there is no point in having like 10 local VM linux darkcoinds with 1k deposit each, pointing to individual remote server IPs, validating MN status.

It seems, so far in dev, you really need individual physical IP's for each masternode... so I'm setting up my 2 node, 1 in my house, another at my parent's house so I can get 2 distinct public IP's...
This really SUCKS as on testnet this worked like magic. BUT .... Evan knows best and I will not argue with stuff I have no knowledge about.

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
Well, that remote/local setup works strange...
It all looks like there is 2 separate masternode networks or smth:
When 'grep....' gives me 40+ to 80+ -> my masternodes are shown with 0s in a 'list' command output and are not shown on either http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html or http://darkcoin.io/masternodes.txt (but they were with 1s previously - when I did 'darkoind masternode start' - and were listed too).
At the same time once 'grep....' gives me 100+ -> my masternodes are shown with 1 but still aren't shown on those two resources.
I keep grep-ing all day from time to time and masternodes was switching from one state to another without me touching local wallets (they were offline the whole day actually).
That's really confusing...

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Well, I have had my wallet with the remote server for over 24 hours and I just checked on it, and one node was off (how did that happen?) and the other on, both on the list with a :0 next to their IP addresses. Looks like this is going to require a ton of monitoring!

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Sorry, I don't know.

I have a question. Apparently, when I start my masternode in putty, then close putty, I turn my masternode off. Previously, this didn't happen. There is a difference in behavior though. When I start my darkcoind, it freezes. I have to open another putty to do the masternode command. Previously, turning darkcoind on would not freeze in the window. I need my masternode to run when Putty is closed. My desktop isn't always on, and not reliable to be on at all times. Anybody know what's going on? I'd sure appreciate any help anyone can give! Thanks so much :)

Scriptiee

Apr 24, 2014
Out of this world
Sorry, I don't know.

I have a question. Apparently, when I start my masternode in putty, then close putty, I turn my masternode off. Previously, this didn't happen. There is a difference in behavior though. When I start my darkcoind, it freezes. I have to open another putty to do the masternode command. Previously, turning darkcoind on would not freeze in the window. I need my masternode to run when Putty is closed. My desktop isn't always on, and not reliable to be on at all times. Anybody know what's going on? I'd sure appreciate any help anyone can give! Thanks so much :)
Are you starting your darkcoind witth 'darkcoind -daemon' ?

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
nope, what does that do please?

I'm having a second problem. Since I've been sick with the flu, my mind is extra muddled, so I've been going back and forth on this, but my password is not working when I try to unlock my darkcoind wallet. I can use my password in QT both in Linux and in Windows, but when I try remote Linux darkcoind, it says I'm using an incorrect password. I've triple checked now, and the pass phrase works everywhere else. So strange!

Thanks for your help though! I was trying with screen to see if that would do it. I'll try now with -daemon :)

Well, hopefully the -daemon flag will keep my node running after I close putty, but it isn't helping me with my password problem. Strangest thing! I've checked many times to make sure my wallets have the correct passwords, that they work in QT, but I get a rejected password when I try to unlock it.

Scriptiee

Apr 24, 2014
Out of this world
-daemon will run it in the background.

When entering your password in the command line just put it between ' ' (singelquotes) like this:

darkcoind walletpassphrase '[email protected]' 60

This ill ensure that bash is not trying to interpret any special characters contained inside of your password

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Humm, I've always used double quotes. Anyway, I changed my password. I think, though I put it in quotes, the wallet didn't like the password I made. It probably was one of the symbols I used. It was ok in QT but not in darkcoind. Anyway, thank you for your help and for teaching me about -daemon :) All is working now :)

Scriptiee

Apr 24, 2014
Out of this world
double quotes will can attempt to expand some of the characters that are used in your password, the single quotes will take it at a face value, example:

Code:
host:~$ test="this is a test"
host:~$ echo $test
this is a test
host:~$ echo "$test"
this is a test
host:~$ echo '$test'
$test

fernando