• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal Fee Lending by AnCapitol

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnCapitol

Edit:
== THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM FURTHER INQUIRIES==

Dear DASH Community,

I will now offer to sponsor one proposal per cycle. These are the rules to be considered:

RULES
  • You will not spam me with requests
  • Only post your link to your pre-proposal discussion in this thread ONCE. Nothing more
Your post should look like this:
  • Your pre-proposal needs to be online for at least 2 weeks before you want to go online with your proposal
  • You have to enter your proposal within the first 5 days of the voting cycle
  • I will give feedback in your pre-proposal discussion if I will or will not support you. Whether or not I will explain myself depends on your proposal.
  • You have to be verifiable with your real name and prior work experience (e.g. linkedin).
  • You need to have a PGP Key for safe communication via E-Mail. (check keybase.io for an easy one)
NOT SUPPORTED TYPE OF PROPOSALS
  • Centralized Exchanges
  • Any kind of Marketing Efforts (please get in contact with @mastermined if you want to hold meetups)
  • Anything that asks for more than 150 DASH or more than 100.000 €/$ (read one hundred thousand euros or US-Dollars)
  • Any kind of Collaboration with authorities, government agencies or subcontractors for governments
  • Informal Economy or Agorist activity (There is no way i can verify if it's genuine or not, sorry)
PAYMENT FOR LENDING
  • Repaying me 6 DASH (5 DASH proposal fee reimbursement + 1 DASH lending fee) after your proposal passed
  • Sharing any requested information about your project after funding (except user data or personal informations) with me and the community within 5 Days upon request.
  • Making an awesome project and bringing the DASH Network to the next level! :)

These Terms are non negotiable.

Best Regards from Germany

AnCapitol

Last edited:
Quick reminder:

If you want to get your proposal funded in the April round, you have to request the proposal fee lending until the end of March (31.3.2018).
Please do so by posting in this thread as defined in the rules section above.

Another note to all future proposal owners:
If you want to succeed I would recommend viewing the proposal process more like a round in "Shark Tank" / "Die Höhle der Löwen" / "Tu Oportunidad" / "El Tanque".
You have to bring your A-Game, have answers to any potential questions ready and be sure that you can deliver.
Put yourself into the position of a MNO and ask yourself:
  • What is exactly the value that this proposal offers? If you can't put it in one (short) sentence, then it might not work.
  • Can you explain in detail why you need this amount of DASH? Can you start with a lower amount and if not why?
  • Does this proposal solve a real world problem or does it affect people in a positive way that enriches their lives?
  • Is your proposal not only marketing?
  • Would you invest your own money in it if you had it or would you rather just have this amount in DASH? If it's the latter, you shouldn't consider wasting everyones time with your proposal.
The process of evaluating proposal is a very time consuming task for MNO and other community members. Posting B- or C-Grade proposals is a waste of valuable time and as good as an insult to the DAO (this is my personal opinion).
If you are struggling with one of my suggested points, or the points of this great post by strophy, try to get help in the dashnation discord channel or ask in the forums.
The DASH Community wants you to succeed, so feel free to ask in a polite manner.

Best Regards from Germany

AnCapitol

Would you care to elaborate on that? I'm not sure what you mean.
An example of a governance question is this:
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/2mb-blocksize
or this:
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Adaptive-Proposal-Fees

There is no implementation specified in the governance questions.
It just a "law" that the masternodes agree to respect.
Or a declaration that the masternodes are committed to implement something, as long as it is feasible, and as soon as possible.

Last edited:
@demo Okay now I get it.
This is not exactly what I had in mind. If you want to pass a "law" you have to fund it yourself. I'm looking for real world projects here.
You can still try to convince me, but please do so by providing a link to your pre-proposal.
Fair warning though: I'm pretty blunt with my critique ;)

Last edited:
Two points:
1. It is already "law" by your definition, that the Fee shall not be adaptive.
2. @GrandMasterDash should repay for it. It was his Idea. I understand the concept, but I don't see the necessity to do so. I'm fine with the 5 DASH Fee right now, because I want only A-Grade Proposals.
As soon as the Proposal Fee hits 50k € (in 2018 purchasing power, not by hyperinflation) then I would recommend to lower it permanently.

I'm lending the fee because I want new DASHers to better themselves by getting either valuable feedback to improve, or by getting a shot in the DASH Shark Tank.

1. It is already "law" by your definition, that the Fee shall not be adaptive.
I said "laws," I did not say "eternal laws". Laws can change. And should change when the people who once supported them are not active members of the community anymore.
2. @GrandMasterDash should repay for it. It was his Idea. I understand the concept, but I don't see the necessity to do so. I'm fine with the 5 DASH Fee right now, because I want only A-Grade Proposals.
Your logic is flawed. The one who has 5 dash to spend because he is rich, he is not necessarily A-Grade class.
I'm lending the fee because I want new DASHers to better themselves by getting either valuable feedback to improve, or by getting a shot in the DASH Shark Tank.
We have @Pasta 's site http://www.dashboost.org/ for that.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing with you about my logic.

I'm putting my own money on the line (no offense @Pasta ). You really shouldn't be implying what I do with my money, or at least straight up tell what you want to say.

What I am trying to tell you is that what your offer is almost useless, as long as @Pasta 's site exist and funds micro-proposals.
The only usefullness of what you are offering, is whenever there is a governance question.
@Pasta's site cannot support governance questions, so you should fill this gap, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

If you think that a governance question has chances to pass, then you should fund it, and win 1 dash for this.

Last edited:
What I am trying to tell you is that your proposal is almost useless, as long as @Pasta 's site exist and funds micro-proposals.
The only usefullness of what you are offering, is whenever there is a governance question.
@Pasta's site cannot support governance questions, so you should fill this gap, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.
Thank you for your considerate thought, but I have to disagree.

For the record, I have no interest in re-submitting Adaptive Proposal Fees.

And btw, if it had gone through, A-Grade proposals would still exist because it may well be MNOs choose 5 dash proposals or higher. The proposal wasn't simply to cut the fee, but to allow MNOs to experiment with, and ultimately set, whatever fee they wanted. Let the market decide the appropriate fees

Anyway, it didn't work out so now my idea is to leave proposals at 5 dash, but allow MNOs to pay just 1 dash, one proposal per cycle. This way, it creates a marketplace for proposals; an incentive for MNOs to offer various services at different prices e.g. advice, escrow, translation etc. But I'm not submitting that either, it wouldn't pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back