• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

75,000 users and counting , next stop 1 million users if you support us

Should Getfreedash sign up 1 million by asking for 500 dash per month ?

• yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • yes , but less than 500 dash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes , but dont stop at 500 ask for 1000 dash :)

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And not that I am endorsing or encouraging throwing money at fraudsters, but let's say 10 or 20% of the GetFreeDash recipients have bad motives and figure out how to game the system. What are they going to do with their illicitly acquired Dash? They are going to go spend it on something. Another crypto, or switch it to fiat, or actually buy stuff, all of which leads to more use/transactions. You could think of it as our slightly less efficient Dash adoption mechanism. So long as it's not a substantial percentage of the total, I am not concerned too much. Some of them are also likely to notice how fast the transactions occur and be impressed....and convert to using Dash.

I am very much interested in the continued analysis of where the Dash goes, and how it moves through the economy and what percentage goes to the suspicious players.

Carry on, have fun, win!

Good piece of analysis mate !!

Yea and even if you considered that money lost at a 10% fraud rate that would mean an actual user costs us 1.10$ instead of 1$ it's still super cheap.

I just noticed it and it wasn't something I was expecting.

Yes, eliminating all fraud is nearly impossible. Still, this is the cheapest way we have to get it into so many different hands and minds. I'm sure Dashmaximalist has more up his sleeve to further mitigate fraud. This is a learning experience for all of us, and lessons will be learned as we go. It will be refined and improved. Aside from Core's very important work laying a deep and strong legal foundation for the network, getfreedash is the most exciting thing we have going, and it's targeting the people who have the most to gain from it.

It's not just a handout, it's incentivized education. This will help us to take over the remittance flows from all the neighboring countries. That is a huge win.

Yes, eliminating all fraud is nearly impossible. Still, this is the cheapest way we have to get it into so many different hands and minds. I'm sure Dashmaximalist has more up his sleeve to further mitigate fraud. This is a learning experience for all of us, and lessons will be learned as we go. It will be refined and improved. Aside from Core's very important work laying a deep and strong legal foundation for the network, getfreedash is the most exciting thing we have going, and it's targeting the people who have the most to gain from it.

It's not just a handout, it's incentivized education. This will help us to take over the remittance flows from all the neighboring countries. That is a huge win.

Very well said , agree completely , you have very well articulated my thoughts , thanks for the support.

Remittances are indeed our primary game plan .

@Dashmaximalist just looking at the number of transactions per day chart - if you are sending out small amounts of dash to such a large number of users, shouldn't we see the transaction count increase slowly over time because of your efforts? Instead its declining.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/dash-transactions.html#6m

1. we haven't signed up a million people or nowhere near that, so you won't see any real change in transaction numbers.

2. lot of our users ( 90% of them ) are using uphold because of zero fees within uphold. on a side note, we are planning to launch a getfreedash wallet if possible, I believe that has major advantages to our users along with all the analytics we get.

if we can get a partnership with uphold I think that will be awesome :)

edit: are you saying that our transactions alone should increase the volume? no its not possible coz we send 500 tx in a batch

1. we haven't signed up a million people or nowhere near that, so you won't see any real change in transaction numbers.

2. lot of our users ( 90% of them ) are using uphold because of zero fees within uphold. on a side note, we are planning to launch a getfreedash wallet if possible, I believe that has major advantages to our users along with all the analytics we get.

edit: are you saying that our transactions alone should increase the volume? no its not possible coz we send 500 tx in a batch

Uphold is a bad choice. Their concept is against the whole cryptocurrency idea. They want to re-centralize the decentralized.

You have better get a partnership with someone who owns a big mining farm, and ask him to reduce the transaction fees for all the dash addresses that have been subscribed through getfreedash.

Uphold offers far more security than your dash app, costs zero and has instant transactions , unless evolution rolls out, I don't think we have a better choice than them

Can we not send 500tx's in a batch. Many people view the number of transactions on the network as a metric of health / price / adoption etc. I know this might cost a little more in fee's but will provide an accurate representation of how many actual tx's there are.

Uphold offers far more security than your dash app, costs zero and has instant transactions , unless evolution rolls out, I don't think we have a better choice than them
I think that uphold is something like this , so we have done this discussion before. I dont like any solution that is towards centralization, the dash evolution included.

If you want the getfreedash clients to keep their decentralized freedom, then a solution is to fund their transaction fees, via a big mining farm which will do discounts in all transaction fees originated from getfreedash clients. Of course this will lead to mining centralization...

https://github.com/bitpay/copay/issues/5164#issuecomment-265569494

dabura667 commented on 8 Dec 2016
Zero fee transactions will not be confirmed on the network unless you have a friend who runs a large mining pool.

If you do have such a friend, then you can figure out how to make a 0 fee transaction (most wallets do not allow this anymore, because it will make your transaction stuck) by programming your own wallet. Then you can send the 0 fee transaction to your miner friend.

Any wallet can send Dash without any fee, you just have to find the settings for fee and pick 0. But if you have not a big miner friend capable to create blocks, then the transaction would probably get 0 confirmations and it will be stucked forever. If you have a big miner friend, you just send the transaction to him in order for him to include it into the next block he is (hopefully) about to discover.

Last edited:
Can we not send 500tx's in a batch. Many people view the number of transactions on the network as a metric of health / price / adoption etc. I know this might cost a little more in fee's but will provide an accurate representation of how many actual tx's there are.
If you vote about it in the budget system, and fund the transaction fees of getfreedash, yes you can!

You could also vote the numbers, and decrease all transaction fees in general, thus fullfill your goal to increase the number of dash transactions. But of course if you decrease the transaction fee, miners will be unhappy, so you have to vote the numbers and change the "45miners/45mno/10budget" hardcoded numbers to something else that is better adaptive to the situation.

Last edited:
I think that uphold is something like this , so we have done this discussion before. I dont like any solution that is towards centralization, the dash evolution included.

If you want the getfreedash clients to keep their decentralized freedom, then a solution is to fund their transaction fees, via a big mining farm which will do discounts in all transaction fees originated from getfreedash clients. Of course this will lead to mining centralization...

https://github.com/bitpay/copay/issues/5164#issuecomment-265569494

Any wallet can send Dash without any fee, you just have to find the settings for fee and pick 0. But if you have not a big miner friend capable to create blocks, then the transaction would probably get 0 confirmations and it will be stucked forever. If you have a big miner friend, you just send the transaction to him in order for him to include it into the next block he is (hopefully) about to discover.

ok demo , we will look into this

ok demo , we will look into this
Furthermore another reason getfreedash users prefer centralized solutions like uphold e.t.c. it is because they dont want to wait for their wallet to synchronize. But this is NOT a user behavior we should welcome. Dash is a cryptocurrency, NOT a central bank!

The solution to this is to educate all getfreedash clients to download the https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap of @UdjinM6. If the getfreedash clients download the latest bootstrap, the time they have to wait for their wallet to syncronize will be minimized.

Last edited:
Furthermore another reason getfreedash users prefer centralized solutions like uphold e.t.c. it is because they dont want to wait for their wallet to synchronize. But this is NOT a user behavior we should welcome. Dash is a cryptocurrency, NOT a central bank!

The solution to this is to educate all getfreedash clients to download the https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap of @UdjinM6. If the getfreedash clients download the latest bootstrap, the time they have to wait for their wallet to syncronize will be minimized.

I would not recommend these users ever touch a full node even with a bootstrap it's not friendly. https://mydashwallet.org/ is probably what i would recommend on a desktop. Though preferably the users in venezuela just use android/ios apps.

No but now they will @HashEngineering :)
I'm not sure the app install stat is actually useful.

In my conversations with random people of reasonable or better intelligence, I often end up talking about DASH, having them install the app, and giving them $100 worth if DASH.

Checking back a few months later, most have never touched it again. A few looked into setting up an exchange account. They wanted to dump it for a free $100 bill. Of those, only one actually did it. The others found exchanges (Kraken mostly) too much of a hassle to be worth dumping for $100.

The bottom line take away: free $100 isn't worth the trouble. So, none of those app install really means anything. One, count that up, a whopping One person managed to dump for a free $100. Nobody else even cared enough to do that much, even after hours of conversation and saying it sounded amazing. Most of these were Pre-December...

You think they're going to do HD setups and pay into DashDrive's cloud?

"I can't actually spend it anywhere, so it's no better than Bitcoin." The only thing they care about after that is "How do I dump it?" Followed by finding out how and then "Fuck it, not worth the trouble, not even for $100."

Just another Ponzi. That's how it looks outside of the Cryptardosphere.

The upswing is that if you make it easier to spend DASH than to Ponzi it, which is inherently true and doesn't require anything, like I've been telling you for years, then you've got DASH as the portal through which all crypto retail traffic will flow. Cryptotards will flock to actually live the Satoshi promise fulfilled, and The Muggles will even start seeing it as useful, too.

If you do it... Which the DASH leadership and the DASH community have done everything in their power to prevent and avoid... So, whatevs... Even I decided trying to fix that problem was insurmountable... DASH hates itself and is utterly terrified of winning. No external force can fix that failing. It's up to every individual who has that failing to fix it in themselves.

I can only show you the door, you're the one who has to "be offended" and refuse to walk through it...

I tried to push you through the door. I tried to trick you into walking through it... Neither worked out. Now what? Sit around waiting for your head to pop out of your ass... I've got shit to do...

Last edited:
I'm not sure the app install stat is actually useful.

In my conversations with random people of reasonable or better intelligence, I often end up talking about DASH, having them install the app, and giving them $100 worth if DASH.

Checking back a few months later, most have never touched it again. A few looked into setting up an exchange account. They wanted to dump it for a free $100 bill. Of those, only one actually did it. The others found exchanges (Kraken mostly) too much of a hassle to be worth dumping for $100.

The bottom line take away: free $100 isn't worth the trouble. So, none of those app install really means anything. One, count that up, a whopping One person managed to dump for a free $100. Nobody else even cared enough to do that much, even after hours of conversation and saying it sounded amazing. Most of these were Pre-December...

All this happened because the people you donated are outside the community, and because the crypto communities in general tend to be virtual and not real ones. In order for people to use cryptocurrencies , they need a strong community feeling, they need also to know how (and where and who) to ask (and to offer) services and products (by using the dash you donated to them).

This is exactly what this initiative (along with others too which involve merchant adoption and targeted geographic locations and of course cryptoparties) is trying to do. It is trying to create a community feeling, also transform the cryptocurrency economy from a virtual economy to a real one.

Dont forget, money is faith above all, and faith is non existant if there is not a community that surrounds that faith.
So in short, it is not enough for you to donate them dash.
You primarily have to inspire them faith, and a community feeling.

8828b82c7ac1dc5067b2ad794db326b09d986bcf.jpg

Last edited:

@Stealth923 is there a proper documentation that can enable individual transactions , all i find is dash insight which doesn't work properly , going forward when we process 10,000 tx per day i believe using that would be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back