• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

iBeLink™ DM384M ASIC Dash Miner Support Thread

Due to the quick restart function(about 10s), the impact of the hash rate can be ignored even restart one time every 20-30 minutes, from our test report.
Of course, the miner status should be normal recovered from the restart process.

But the version listed in the program is cgminer-3.5.6, I didn't think that had the bug in it, otherwise it wouldn't run at all on nicehash, but then again, there is no way to verify what version of cgminer that is used....
About the miner restart phenomenon, please refer to FAQ
Why mining software automatically restart?
Mining software support self recovery from network fault and drive fault function, with watchdog monitoring for the whole system , when an anomaly is detected, the mining software will automatically restart, trying to self recovery from the fault, so mining software auto restart is a normal phenomenon.

General, restart phenomenon should be random, but if your local network break down, the miner at the same router may restart at the same time and try to recover the network link.
Of course, the remote pool bad status may cause the miner restart also.

Further more, if you config the temp monitor, the miner will shut down when the temp above the shutdown threshold, and you should restart it manually.

The nicehash extranonce bug already fixed at 3.5.6.
Ok, but once it restarts, it always goes back and mines on pool 0, which is hard set and mines where to? Isn't there a way so that when it restarts, that it could go to a chosen backup pool? Or can it do that, let me know?

If you want to set the pool as default pool, which will mining first after restart, please put the pool at the first position in the pool list, not only set the priority to highest, and do not forget to save configuration.

If you want to set the pool as default pool, which will mining first after restart, please put the pool at the first position in the pool list, not only set the priority to highest, and do not forget to save configuration.
To do this, if you have list of pools you must DELETE all your pools details and rewrite it again in list accordingly to your priority! not good unfortunately,also you cant see pool details already in use so we have actually lot of headache because not always im using same user and password. I know, Ibelink said before that they did for safety reason ...
Please add option where on the list NEW pool should be placed 0-1-2-3-4-5etc, not only as last always.

To do this, if you have list of pools you must DELETE all your pools details and rewrite it again in list accordingly to your priority! not good unfortunately,also you cant see pool details already in use so we have actually lot of headache because not always im using same user and password. I know, Ibelink said before that they did for safety reason ...
Please add option where on the list NEW pool should be placed 0-1-2-3-4-5etc, not only as last always.

Good suggestion, we will consider to add the function to configure the pool list more easy in the new version.

I switched pools recently. Got good performance for the first day on miningpoolhub, then the next day I get like 30-50% reject rate, and on my end its showing as discards. Is that the miner or the pool? I didn't have any of these issues on NiceHash.

I switched pools recently. Got good performance for the first day on miningpoolhub, then the next day I get like 30-50% reject rate, and on my end its showing as discards. Is that the miner or the pool? I didn't have any of these issues on NiceHash.
It's funny, I had 2 solid days of mining on coinmine.pl where there were no restarts, now the problem is back again. Also, i cannot mine without the miner restarting on NiceHash every 2hrs or so. It may be the pool(s) after all...

I basically confirmed that it was a question of mining pool, while not the miner box, please refer to FAQ:
Why some mining pools rejection rate is very high?
Due to hash rate of the iBeLink mining machines is very high, dozens of times of general GPU, some mining pools are unfriendly to ASIC mining machine, cause to very high rejection rate. If mining pool can set the difficulty, please appropriately raise the difficulty of mining, reduce nonce average quantity, so as to reduce the rejection rate, or switch to the ASIC friendly mining pool.

About the miner restart phenomenon, please refer to FAQ
Why mining software automatically restart?
Mining software support self recovery from network fault and drive fault function, with watchdog monitoring for the whole system , when an anomaly is detected, the mining software will automatically restart, trying to self recovery from the fault, so mining software auto restart is a normal phenomenon.

General, restart phenomenon should be random, but if your local network break down, the miner at the same router may restart at the same time and try to recover the network link.
Of course, the remote pool bad status may cause the miner restart also.

Further more, if you config the temp monitor, the miner will shut down when the temp above the shutdown threshold, and you should restart it manually.

The nicehash extranonce bug already fixed at 3.5.6.

I did a test, point each miner to different pool and guess what happen after a few hours?
They restarts all in same time and all are connected to the same router so it looks like the network must mostly cause this restarts.

My machine is running much better, and I'm unsure exactly what I did, but for pool 0, I finally got it to accept my main pool credentials. However, if you want to do any multi-pool mining (like nicehash or multipool.us), I find that the miner becomes unstable, so I've been sticking to just mining Dash.

Good suggestion, we will consider to add the function to configure the pool list more easy in the new version.
I just discover that when you adding pool it is last on list but (and you want it to be as pool 0-first) type pool details,press add pool, press on priority TOP so it is set to 0 then delete first pool from your list and new pool jump from last position to top!
After that save configuration
Try it

I just discover that when you adding pool it is last on list but (and you want it to be as pool 0-first) type pool details,press add pool, press on priority TOP so it is set to 0 then delete first pool from your list and new pool jump from last position to top!
After that save configuration
Try it
Thanks to andhum for shared your experience.
Yeah, it is right way to add your priority 0 pool.

Don't you think that such things should be included in miner's User manual or in other documentation where everyone can find it to configure their devices properly?
It should be our mistake, we take it for granted that the user will deal with it.
We hope that it no bother our user for a long time.
Thank you for your pertinent advice.

Back