• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Help translating the darkcoin core

hey vertoe ru 100% again :tongue: I verified translations in qt and also fixed another few that didn't fit well

Can you guys add me to Italian translators?

Polish 5 strings missing
German 16 strings missing
French 32 strings missing
Mandarin 101 strings missing
Italian 124 strings missing
Swedish, Catalan, Greek, Turkish are close behind.

Get this done guys :)

Hi vertoe,

I'm a long time lurker (here and on bct).
Just happen to have some time free the next few days, and i would like to help out here. I've requested to join on transifex, i would like to help out with dutch :)

Hi vertoe,

I'm a long time lurker (here and on bct).
Just happen to have some time free the next few days, and i would like to help out here. I've requested to join on transifex, i would like to help out with dutch :)
Please also apply (and mainly contribute) for French and Dutch instead of French_(Belgium) and Dutch_(Belgium). If the meta languages are done, you can port back strings to the Belgium-specific languages. THanks!

What do you think? Should I only include languages which have > 75% in releases? Otherwise it would be confusing if you select Icelanding (0%) and see the whole client still in english.

What do you think? Should I only include languages which have > 75% in releases? Otherwise it would be confusing if you select Icelanding (0%) and see the whole client still in english.

I prefer quality over quantity, so I would only include languages >= 90% and put a link to the translation site (with a short explanation) below the language select-box if someone wants to help.
A 75% native UI looks amateurish.

Edit: just added a link to the translation site as test, if wanted I can check this in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer quality over quantity, so I would only include languages >= 90% and put a link to the translation site (with a short explanation) below the language select-box if someone wants to help.
A 75% native UI looks amateurish.
We have only 9 languages > 90%:
  • English
  • Russian
  • German
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Spanish
  • Vietnamese (Viet Nam)
  • French
  • Chinese (Mandarin)

• English
  • Russian
  • German
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Spanish
  • Vietnamese (Viet Nam)
  • French
  • Chinese (Mandarin)

I know, but there are lots which are quite close, and once you stop adding new strings :grin: they'll catch up again.

@veroe can you clarify what does "review" means there?
  • English
  • Russian
  • German
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Spanish
  • Vietnamese (Viet Nam)
  • French
  • Chinese (Mandarin)
There are a lot of double strings in "original" actually (which is quite confusing btw) and most of strings are translated in bitcoin. Maybe there is a way to collapse them? This could probably give us a higher percentage in these languages.

I'll do 80% for now. 60% are contributed by bitcoin and 40% are for Darkcoin. 80% is half way through the darkcoin specific stuff.

Code:
$ tx pull -f -a --minimum-perc=80
New translations found for the following languages: cmn, fr, pt, ru, vi, de, it, pl, fi, es
Pulling new translations for resource darkcoin.tx (source: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_en.ts)
-> cmn: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_cmn.ts
-> fr: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_fr.ts
-> pt: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_pt.ts
-> ru: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_ru.ts
-> vi: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_vi.ts
-> de: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_de.ts
-> it: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_it.ts
-> pl: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_pl.ts
-> fi: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_fi.ts
-> es: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_es.ts
Done.

UdjinM6 review means person A is a translator (lowest user role) which can contribute strings and person B is a reviewer (higher user role) who can verify these strings are correct and make sense. And you are person C btw who is manager (highest user role) who can translate, review and manage user roles.

Currently there is no need for reviews, but would be fine if we get each language reviewed by people of group B (apply now!)... There are even command line options that allow only to pull reviewed strings.

Can you point me to examples of double strings? You can always use the suggested translations which makes translating them pretty fast.

I'll do 80% for now. 60% are contributed by bitcoin and 40% are for Darkcoin. 80% is half way through the darkcoin specific stuff.

Code:
$ tx pull -f -a --minimum-perc=80
New translations found for the following languages: cmn, fr, pt, ru, vi, de, it, pl, fi, es
Pulling new translations for resource darkcoin.tx (source: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_en.ts)
-> cmn: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_cmn.ts
-> fr: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_fr.ts
-> pt: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_pt.ts
-> ru: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_ru.ts
-> vi: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_vi.ts
-> de: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_de.ts
-> it: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_it.ts
-> pl: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_pl.ts
-> fi: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_fi.ts
-> es: src/qt/locale/darkcoin_es.ts
Done.

UdjinM6 review means person A is a translator (lowest user role) which can contribute strings and person B is a reviewer (higher user role) who can verify these strings are correct and make sense. And you are person C btw who is manager (highest user role) who can translate, review and manage user roles.

Currently there is no need for reviews, but would be fine if we get each language reviewed by people of group B (apply now!)... There are even command line options that allow only to pull reviewed strings.

Can you point me to examples of double strings? You can always use the suggested translations which makes translating them pretty fast.
got it ) I'm reviewing by myself now, trying to make translations to sound a bit more consistent and less "mechanical" :smile:

For double strings example: Amount - 158, 472, 480, 636, 644, 704, Address - 33, 159, 471, 643.... Ahh, I see, they are in different "contexts", so they can't be merged together.... ok, then.:oops:

Back