• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how someone would go about getting things translated. It would be great to give them a packet of source material and have them translate it, and just to be careful, use a second party to confirm.
I think once they finish the wallet, we should discuss it more, and if possible I can get a hold of some people who may translate for a decent price.

Although I do not read or write Chinese, I am a translator and I have connections with translators and agencies who will be able to translate to Chinese and have it checked by a third party, no problem at all.
I will get some quotes (they should come as euros/pounds/dollars per word or per line of 60 characters).

I speak German quite well, and vertoe is a native German with flawless English skills... so I'm sure the two of us could handle that, no problem. :)

Although I do not read or write Chinese, I am a translator and I have connections with translators and agencies who will be able to translate to Chinese and have it checked by a third party, no problem at all.
I will get some quotes (they should come as euros/pounds/dollars per word or per line of 60 characters).
Great, That would be good information to have.

raze. I hope you dont mind. Im going to take your latest mockup and create some simulations of using the wallet. All credit goes to your original artwork.

raze. I hope you dont mind. Im going to take your latest mockup and create some simulations of using the wallet. All credit goes to your original artwork.
Knock yourself out. :grin: Keep in mind that this is just me throwing ideas out there. The final design will probably differ substantially.

I must say, Raze did an awesome job on the installer...I know it's a more simple task, but wow looks pro!

852bFIW.png

How about something like that as the BG, maybe rotated around.

It looks a lot less ugly without the "filler content" in the Overview tab page... I think the "frame" of the design/layout itself doesn't look so bad!
What do you say? :cool:

-- The DRK Lord --

After looking at all the proposals I think your very first design looks best.

I know it's not the latest "en vogue" design, but just because some UI guys decided to give almost everything a new look doesn't mean it's better.

So, my vote (design, not feature wise) is for the one in your first posting.
Easy to read, clear structure.

I think it's import to have consistent branding / colours. The installer got it bang on. If we can follow through with something like that, which Raze is cooking up, that's the way. No offense to the first design, but Raze's is looking much more current. Can't stand that gradient background, very 90's lol.

Wow. That's neat, I think DrkLord needs to loan out the graphics guys to help with the .net website. Also, you never got back to my email. ;-)

Still think the installer should be called Angel instead of Wizard... ;)

edit: a file selection dialogue to load wallets named something other than 'wallet'.dat would be handy for multiple Masternode ops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another mockup. Tried for something a bit cleaner and brighter than my last one:
7hXSkpP.jpg

IMO this needs another button up top, maybe a tools drop down next to settings or something. In the current mockup I'd have no idea where to go to verify a signed message.

I made a few changes to razes mockup, but have since come up with something that I think will be completely awesome features wise. I had to basically clone razes artwork from scratch to make it easier to add and change things, while keeping it looking as close as possible. I didnt get as far as I had hoped, as I spent a lot of time trying to copy the style as much as possible.

Some of the colors are off, as I am red/green colorblind purple/blue green/brown etc etc. Full credit towards razes artwork, the man has a gift.

Im actually "attempting" to approach it from more the user experience, not so much the artwork, this here is still rough, and old compared to what I have worked out earlier today. Im going to keep the newest files for the private build thread so I dont let any cats out of the bag. Anyways, its rough and there isnt much here but here it is.

drkmockup1b.jpg
drkmockup2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work, LittleFinger!
I had to basically clone razes artwork from scratch to make it easier to add and change things, while keeping it looking as close as possible. I didnt get as far as I had hoped, as I spent a lot of time trying to copy the style as much as possible.
LOL, if I had known you were going to put that much work into it, I would have just given you my PSD!
Probably too late now, but if you (or anyone else) want to play around with it:

wallet_mockup_02.psd
http://1drv.ms/1sJhzl5

It's a bit disorganized, but it's all layered and easily editable.

Nice work, LittleFinger!

LOL, if I had known you were going to put that much work into it, I would have just given you my PSD!
Probably too late now, but if you (or anyone else) want to play around with it:

wallet_mockup_02.psd
http://1drv.ms/1sJhzl5

It's a bit disorganized, but it's all layered and easily editable.
lol :) I figured if I was going to mess with something that someone else created, I should at least put the work into it :) It allowed me to do something besides my normal stuff, so it was a nice break.

I made a few changes to razes mockup, but have since come up with something that I think will be completely awesome features wise. I had to basically clone razes artwork from scratch to make it easier to add and change things, while keeping it looking as close as possible. I didnt get as far as I had hoped, as I spent a lot of time trying to copy the style as much as possible.

Some of the colors are off, as I am red/green colorblind purple/blue green/brown etc etc. Full credit towards razes artwork, the man has a gift.

Im actually "attempting" to approach it from more the user experience, not so much the artwork, this here is still rough, and old compared to what I have worked out earlier today. Im going to keep the newest files for the private build thread so I dont let any cats out of the bag. Anyways, its rough and there isnt much here but here it is.

View attachment 221View attachment 222
Sir, you have done a great job, this looks perfect, you left me without words!
Design is very important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back