Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelStar

Apr 17, 2014
I'm also in favor of #1 as the dark text on light background might help usability in the long run.

LittleFinger

Jun 22, 2014
Someone proposed a 'quick send' area on the main page, I hope that idea gets used. I imagine it would just be a pay to address field, a contacts button, and a send button.
If we can get payments down to like 2 clicks thatd be great for simplicity.

On the full send page i'd like to see coin control options right there every time and not in separate tabs like how it is now.

I agree less is more, So i like how blockchain.info handles crypto/ fiat values; You just click on your balance and it toggles to the fiat you chose in settings. simple as possible.

I like network data being on the main page, just because it shows activity; Anwsers the noob question of "is this thing even on?"

Imo announcements could be replaced with an icon that appears when wallet updates are available...web links in my wallet would make me nervous...sure as hell wont be clicking on them myself.
Yeah, I proposed the quick send feature, but it seems people are more into design than functionality. I realize those latest mockups are just proposals, but I havent seen the quick send mentioned since I uploaded my twist on razes design.

I think the people in charge already had an idea of what was going on the overview page, and are going to end up giving us information thats only important to investors who get in and out of coins more frequently than they change their clothes.

I say focus on making the entire experience fluid for old and new alike, especially new people, and add the detailed market bullshit to a third party offering for those of us who trade coins frequently.

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
#4 for me !
an update feature would be good, kind of that the wallet knows by itself that i needs an update and then a warning pops up telling you to update (with a link where to get it) ….>
Tx man well done !!

DRKLord

Jun 2, 2014
Louisiana
Yeah, I proposed the quick send feature, but it seems people are more into design than functionality. I realize those latest mockups are just proposals, but I havent seen the quick send mentioned since I uploaded my twist on razes design.

I think the people in charge already had an idea of what was going on the overview page, and are going to end up giving us information thats only important to investors who get in and out of coins more frequently than they change their clothes.

I say focus on making the entire experience fluid for old and new alike, especially new people, and add the detailed market bullshit to a third party offering for those of us who trade coins frequently.
The quick send idea isn't dead, nor are the others we discussed. Minotaur's images are just design mock-ups to demonstrate the overall look/feel. :)

BTW, join me on Skype when you get a chance, Ser! ;-)

-- The DRK Lord --

Reactions: jpr

Pencha

Jul 5, 2014
3 or 2.
4 is a little hard to look at for a longer period of time. That dark blue is killing my eyes, dont know why. Too much contrast maybe. 2 is simple design but i like it a lot. 1 is a nice design but no.3 is mix off great design and simplicity. If i have to choose one of them it would be 3.

Reactions: jpr

jimbit

Foundation Member
May 23, 2014
I like #4. mainly because I can see the 'settings' button.... I need easy access to the settings button because I want to set it to the original wallet qt.

LittleFinger

Jun 22, 2014
The quick send idea isn't dead, nor are the others we discussed. Minotaur's images are just design mock-ups to demonstrate the overall look/feel. :)

BTW, join me on Skype when you get a chance, Ser! ;-)

-- The DRK Lord --
yeeeeah, I know DRKLord :rolleyes: Im just chiming in wherever I feel like I can add a critique, observation or pat on the back. I like to keep it blunt at all times, no offense is ever meant obviously.

I personally think those latest wallet mockups arent going to be taken seriously. They look like fancy business cards, almost soulless. I dont see any soul in those mockups, if that even makes sense. Its the wrong kind of pretty. Although I think they are def nice looking.

Im having some laptop issues, going out now to pick up another and then once I transfer everything over, I will jump on skype, I actually have a project I want to talk to you about, later down the line.

ibcrypto

May 22, 2014
Its great to see all the great work being done with the Wallet UI! One thought, (may be far fetched at this point - and understood this thread is aimed at UI v.s. major functionality enhancements), perhaps for future functionality. Add p2p exchange functionality to extend DarkSend to other digital assets..... Open Transactions tied to DarkSend levering the MN network. If not familiar with the disruptive revolutionary work Chris Odom has done with Open Transactions take some time to review it - sorry able to post url's here yet. Would be great to see both Technologies compliment each other!

Again maybe out on the Horizon but perhaps good food for thought....

Last edited by a moderator:

Kai

Apr 6, 2014
I like #3 but I prefer #2 because the main information (the balance) is on top. However IMO "my balance" and "pending" should be above the amounts like in #1.

AjM

Foundation Member
Jun 23, 2014
Finland
Maybe there must be skin system, and all can be happy by choosing skin which is most best looking to you.
Even better, if every one can custom edit own skin.

Minotaur

Foundation Member
Apr 7, 2014
Hey Guys, based on all the feedback and on a long meeting with DRKLord I now have ready the revised samples of the wallet. At this point I think we have something that will truly distinguish Darkcoin from other cryptocurrencies and give the project the presentation it deserves. We have incorporated most of your suggestions and are close to something final, changes beyond this point will come from the development team and I believe they will choose the option we will implement first with the best interest of Darkcoin at heart. Let us know what you think:

Note: They are not in any particular order, the markets and network tab will be optional and will only show when you activate a checkbox.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4:

Ryan Taylor

Foundation Member
Jul 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
These are looking amazing! You guys are doing such a fantastic job. My vote is for options 3 or 4... Having the balance near the bottom and close to "Quick Pay" seems more natural to me as a user and the whole interface feels simpler.

The only input I have toward improving:
1) Tone down the neon green and neon red transaction arrows. If they were slightly more forest green and deeper red, they might be less harsh on the eye.
2) On #3, make the "My Balance" section look like option #4... the green looks strange to me on option #3.
3) In the announcements section, make it so that you see the last two or three announcements by only showing the titles (e.g., "7/1/2014 - Status update" would be plenty).
4) In the quick pay section, if you choose USD for example, it should show the total in DRK (your wallet should never allow you to send a transaction without showing how much DRK equivalent you are sending). Maybe this is done with a confirmation dialogue box?

The fact that I can only come up with four improvements for the dashboard says a lot. You've done an amazing job. I cannot wait to see what you have planned for the other tabs. The "payments" tab will be an important one where I'm sure we could incorporate some innovative ideas.

raze

King of the Morlocks
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Mar 9, 2014
Dash Address
Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
#3 with a few suggested changes:

EDIT: Changes made - Menu bar on top, lighter color on inactive tabs, gradient on flair, darker red and geen, color changes to balance info.

I think I still like the layout of #2 the best, but the color of the balance bar just isn't working for me and I can't come up with a good way to fix it to my satisfaction. :confused:

Minotaur

Foundation Member
Apr 7, 2014

EDIT: Changes made - Menu bar on top, lighter color on inactive tabs, gradient on flair, darker red and geen, color changes to balance info.

I think I still like the layout of #2 the best, but the color of the balance bar just isn't working for me and I can't come up with a good way to fix it to my satisfaction. :confused:
I really like this, thank you, at this point I cant really choose, I think I will defer to you raze and DRKLord to decide on the final touches.

Kai

Apr 6, 2014
Maybe the balance in other (big ?) currencies too (€, £ etc.) not in US dollar only.

P.S. : Those green and red contrast too much IMO with the designs. Less green ? Less red ? Other colors ?

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
I like #3 now too, I think it was the darkness of the all-blue color that was too much for me. I like a white background I guess :) I also like the swirl. it lends just a touch of artistry and makes it a little more memorable to the plain versions :)

I also like things that are balanced but asymmetrical ;)

AjM

Foundation Member
Jun 23, 2014
Finland
i like raze ver.3, but there should be big DarkCoin text somewhere, like 1 and 2 have at top.
Nice job!

jpr

May 11, 2014

This one is perfect!

Light

Foundation Member
Jun 4, 2014
Amazing job! My vote goes to the new #3 and #4. Thank you everyone who has worked on all four of the designs. Can't wait to test the Mac version :)

ourlink

Foundation Member
Jun 9, 2014
Heartland, USA
www.p2poolmining.us
My vote is for #4!
It utilizes all of the real estate of the interface, has a great color scheme, and all of the options are clear and well laid out...
Only issue I see is what about us guys that have 100,000 drk. How is that going to display in the bottom left corner? :)

darkstrike420

Jul 1, 2014
My vote is for #4!
It utilizes all of the real estate of the interface, has a great color scheme, and all of the options are clear and well laid out...
Only issue I see is what about us guys that have 100,000 drk. How is that going to display in the bottom left corner? :)
100k DRK? That is like $700k. You're rich. Congratz.

Status
Not open for further replies.