• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Lamassu Integration Official Thread

yea, c'mon @Minotaur... the ATM proposal is your baby - if not a video, maybe just a song and a dance.

Minotaur Well-known Member
Dash Core Group Foundation Member

Positive ratings received: 974
Negative ratings received: 3

This guy received 936 likes. Average 2,2 likes for each message. And only 3 negative ratings. Too many likes! He is supposed to be a credible person, isnt he? Or maybe...dont you think that the like system is somehow flawed? Well, this is where big data turns usefull. Lets discover those who rated positevely the Minotaur. In order to discover the Minotaur (and who is hiding behind him) lets use Ariadne's thread.

In the absence of a Web of Trust, in the absense of a strictly defined electorate consisting of real persons, every voting system is flawed. Including the Dash Timocracy of course which is implemented in the budget system, and where we dont know how many masternodes every operator owns.

Last edited:
@kot @babygiraffe Wonder when the core team will give us updates as to where the money has been spent and how it failed.

I would guess that Minotaur will never get a proposal passed ever again after this.

yea, c'mon @Minotaur... the ATM proposal is your baby - if not a video, maybe just a song and a dance.
@kot @babygiraffe Wonder when the core team will give us updates as to where the money has been spent and how it failed.

I would guess that Minotaur will never get a proposal passed ever again after this.

Additionaly those who supported the lamassu project by voting it, they must give the money back.

Τhe person who didnt accomplish the job is not the only responsible for the fiasco.
The masternodes who voted for him are also responsible and they should pay the money spend, in case this money is lost.

Make them pay for the fiasco, so that way the next time they will think to vote for bullshits, they will be more cautious.

Last edited:
Additionaly those who supported the lamassu project by voting it, they must give the money back.

Τhe person who didnt accomplish the job is not the only responsible for the fiasco.
The masternodes who voted for him are also responsible and they should pay the money spend, in case this money is lost.

Make them pay for the fiasco, so that way the next time they will think to vote for bullshits, they will be more cautious.
I have been around long enough to know that many projects fail in business they are not all successful. Learn from your mistakes and carry on....Masternodes should not have to pay this back. I would expect that Ira Miller pay back the funds if there has not been any work delivered to a high standard.

What I do NOT like however is the silence:
1) Core team letting this drag on without taking responsibility to find out whats going on and inform the community. Many of them have direct contact to Ira Miller and Daniel. All it takes is a phone call to demand whats going on! It ISNT THAT HARD.
2) Making excuses like we should have some info soon and never delivering upon those expectations.
3) Possibly hoping that by staying quiet this will somehow be forgotten.

@kot @babygiraffe - If I were you, I would set aside some time in your busy schedules to get to the bottom of this or risk damaging your work even further.

Masternodes should not have to pay this back. I would expect that Ira Miller pay back the funds if there has not been any work delivered to a high standard.

If Ira Miller dont pay back the funds , then the masternodes who supported this project should pay. This is the only way they will learn to vote wisely. You have to pay, in order to pay attention, and that way learn smth. According to my calculations, every masternode from those 1459 who voted yes, should pay 5 dash to cover the loss (this should happen of course only in case there is no deliverable and Ira Miller refuses to pay back the funds)

Last edited:
Deliver first and pay later, maybe that is the way to vote ;)
And who wants to deliver before get paid? Anyway what you propose may be a solution for the future proposals.

But today we have the problem that 7000 dash have been paid, and there is no deliverable!
So could you please suggest your solution for the today problem?

And then this of course would be policy for all proposals... at what point would any particular proposal become classified a 'fiasco'?

Edit: Don't forget, even though all payments have been made, this proposal still has 12 months left before it is complete (ie. the 12 months of 'service' that were contracted for)...

And then this of course would be policy for all proposals... at what point then would any particular proposal become classified a 'fiasco'?

A particular proposal is classified as a 'fiasco' if there is no delivarable. This is the ultimate fiasco.

In case a proposal is not an ultimate fiasco, then it is difficult to objectively judge whether something is a fiasco or not.

So lets focus on ultimate fiascos for now, and make a policy about ultimate fiascos for all future proposals. Although it is difficult to classify fiascos, I think it is easy to classify ultimate fiascos.

Last edited:
Edit: Don't forget, even though all payments have been made, this proposal still has 12 months left before it is complete (ie. the 12 months of 'service' that were contracted for)...
I didnt know that. So in that case lamassu ATM is not an ultimate fiasco. We have to wait 12 months in order to clasiffy it as an ultimate. Lamassu is doing what it is written in the contract, and nobody can blame lamassu.

But on the other hand, this is an ultimate fiasco contract! Who are the ones who voted so that first to pay for something, then wait for 12 months for the deliverable? Shouldnt we punish those 1459 who voted in favor of such an agreement?

So lets focus on ultimate fiascos contacts for now, and make a policy about ultimate fiascos contracts for all future proposals. Although it is difficult to classify fiasco contracts, I think it is easy to classify ultimate fiasco contracts, as long as those ultimate fiasco contracts have a common thing. They pay all the money and wait 12 months for the deliverable.

And because 12 months is a harcoded number and someone may say that 11 months is the fiasco limit, lets vote this number.

Last edited:
And who wants to deliver before get paid? Anyway what you propose may be a solution for the future proposals.

But today we have the problem that 7000 dash have been paid, and there is no deliverable!
So could you please suggest your solution for the today problem?

Who will do this ? People who mean well, people who have the skill and connections to get a product to market without help ?

Loads of people are willing to do this and loads of people do this already. If my heating breaks the plumber comes over fixes it and sends me the bill, electricity is delivered to my house and at the end of the month I pay the bill for what I used, same with my phone bills. Even in a store you pick up the product first and then pay for it after ... The same is true for all the contracting work I have been doing for years, we make a plan I deliver they pay (often there is an in between step / legal contract with extra payments but I still work before they pay)

As to your problem at hand (or in your mind) ? There is no solution, the network made a bad bet, a bad investment, learn from it and move on. Unless there is reasonable grounds for legal action (and as far as I can tell there is none) there is no reasonable recourse to solve this. I also see no issue ...

Getting the master nodes who voted to pay would further reduce the participation in the voting, so no I do not like the idea you proposed in an other thread. This is the deal in a democratic system, sometimes the majority hurts the minority and you have to live with it. Sins the Dash network is a voluntary system that does not force people to participate I have no problem with that. And if you do then maybe Dash is not the place for you … (just my 2 newbie cents)

Last edited:
@kot @babygiraffe are the exact same people that gave us Coinfirm, now our "official compliance partner"... funny how the "successful" projects are against end-users yet an ATM that serves the people is nowhere to be seen...

I didnt know that. So in that case lamassu ATM is not an ultimate fiasco. We have to wait 12 months in order to clasiffy it as an ultimate. Lamassu is doing what it is written in the contract, and nobody can blame lamassu.

Just to clarify this long on ongoing misinformation about this proposal, it is not with Lamassu the manufacture of the ATM.

The proposal is with Ira aka GitGuild to create a branch of the Lamassu software compatible with DASH, which could someday be merged into the official Lamassu software.

There have been some challenges as Lamassu is rewriting their code base to support ETH and I believe Ira is having to rewrite his code as well. But the silence that continues is causing this to start to take on the ultimate fiasco label.

Just to clarify this long on ongoing misinformation about this proposal, it is not with Lamassu the manufacture of the ATM.

The proposal is with Ira aka GitGuild to create a branch of the Lamassu software compatible with DASH, which could someday be merged into the official Lamassu software.

There have been some challenges as Lamassu is rewriting their code base to support ETH and I believe Ira is having to rewrite his code as well. But the silence that continues is causing this to start to take on the ultimate fiasco label.

Yes, the silence is deafening... last official comment in this thread was on July 19:
Exactly as @tungfa says. We have incorporated all of the changes from Lamassu's latest alpha branch (which includes ETH) into our Dash build. There still some minor cleanup to do before publishing, but it will be this week.

Since then, NOTHING more than questions, speculations, and pleadings from the Dash community. :D

yes
he is "alive" ;)
he has some personal issues to deal with and hopefully should be back in action soon

as that lasts payment went out / or is going out i believe a posting/ announcement about the lamassu project should be in the pipeline soon
sorry this is all i know about it - hang tight

Is there anybody on the team who *IS* available to provide an update? I don't think it's acceptable for the only contact person for this project to be unavailable for months without at least having someone else delegated to be able to follow up.

Back