Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Dash Lamassu Integration Official Thread

Discussion in 'Projects' started by isysd, Dec 28, 2015.

1. studioz

studioz Well-known Member

lets hope we have GOOD news from Ira before TNABC

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dunedoo

Dunedoo Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Dash Address:
    XyoSz4xviVGfks1pLhaXw2Baqmhfw5k7MG
    Hi, We Created A Crypto Coin ATM
    Oh, and did we mention we made it open source?
    DOWNLOAD NOW

Cool story bro, but what does it do?
    Thanks for asking! Here are a few key features

Multiple Crypto Currencies
    Our ATM currently supports not only Bitcoin, but also Litecoin and Dogecoin. It also allows for users who don't have a coin wallet to print a Bitcoin wallet right from the ATM.

Open Source
    Our entire codebase is open source and on GitHub. We didn't hide any code or hold anything back. If we used it in our ATM you have complete access to it.

Easy Coding
    All the code for the ATM is written in HTML, JavaScript, CSS & Node. So if you are familiar with these you can quickly modify the ATM to fit your needs or just give it your own look and feel. There is a little Python used to generate the QR codes for the wallets.

Easy-To-Source Parts
    All but 2 of our parts for this ATM were bought on Amazon. Heck, some of them you probably have laying around the house or shop. We break down the entire parts list below.

We built our ATM using easy-to-source parts
    What's that you say? You're a busy person and don't have time to search for all the parts?
    No problem, here's a shopping list!
    [​IMG]
    Plywood
    We built the housing for our ATM out of plywood from our local hardware store. You can really use any material you want!

[​IMG]
    Computer
    This is the computer we used to build our ATM. Why this specific computer you ask? Well, we just had an extra one laying around from another project. You could defiantly use another computer.

BUY THIS PART[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Screen
    For our screen we wanted something with a bit of size and it had to be touch screen, but at the same time, we didn't want to break the bank.

BUY THIS PART[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bill Acceptor
    We found this awesome bill acceptor and it works great! Takes $1, $5 & $20 bills!

BUY THIS PART[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    IEIK UNO R3 Board
    We needed this to connect the bill acceptor to the computer.

BUY THIS PART[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Webcam
    The webcam is used to scan the QR code for the coin wallet. Again, the reason we chose this webcam was we had it laying around. You can defiantly find a cheap webcam.

BUY THIS PART[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thermal Printer
    We wanted a thermal printer for printing coin wallets that was small and inexpensive. Well we found one!

BUY THIS PART
    [​IMG]
    HDMI Cable
    We had to connect the screen some way! Just make sure it is TRIPLE SHIELDED and ONLY USE GOLD CONNECTORS (just kidding , use the cheapest cable you can find!)

BUY THIS PART[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HDMI Right Angle Adapters
    These will just make your life easier... trust us!

BUY THIS PART[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Power Strip
    Hey, you gotta plug it all in some how right? You most likely have one of these somewhere in your house.

BUY THIS PART[​IMG]
    Questions?
    Do you have any questions? We’ve got answers
    What crypto coins does the ATM support?
    Right now you can purchase Bitcoins, Litecoins and Dogecoins

What if a user doesn't have a coin wallet?
    No problem. Currently our ATM supports printing of Bitcoin wallets. It prints both the public and private key for the user.

Can I use your code to build my own ATM to make money?
    Of course. Currently we don't have code in place to charge any ATM fees, but these are in the plan for the future. You can always fork us on GitHub and add this functionailty yourself.

I have a suggestion/comment. How can I contact you?
    You can email us at [email protected]. You can also contact John (@johnjhass) & Tony (@virelli) on Twitter.

Want To Build Your Own?
    Great! Get started by download/forking us on GitHub.
    DOWNLOAD NOW

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bertlebbert

bertlebbert Active Member

@Dunedoo Very cool ! Just a coupla questions:

1. How much was total material cost to build this?
    2. Can purchase Bitcoins, Litecoins and Dogecoins... Not Dash? :(
    3. and last, but least... Really? and it works just fine?

• Like Like x 1
  4. splawik21

splawik21 Grizzled Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Dash Support Group

LOL but we need 12 months of funding for this one o_O

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. bertlebbert

@Dunedoo no need to show us a video of working product right now... maybe just promise to provide that after you 'return from vacation'.

Edit: as you seem like a trustworthy character.

#95 bertlebbert, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bertlebbert

I ask myself, "Would I trust this guy with my wallet?"

Ira.jpg

And With @Minotaur 'playing the duck' as he is, it reminds me of when buddy says:
    "Trust me, I'll take care of your money like it was my own".

#96 bertlebbert, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
    Lamassu project is over after 12 months. Did lamassu received all the Dash money? Where did all this money go? While at the same time is there no deliverable?

It is obvious that the budget system has serious accountability problems. Those problems should be adressed in a new budget protocol, where the given money should be taken back upon decision-vote of the community, in case no deliverable is available.

#97 demo, Dec 11, 2016
  8. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:

lamassu intergration was proposed 28-12-2015.
    The catm.io ATM opensource project dates at least from Jan 2016.
    Why nobody mentioned this before?

#98 demo, Dec 11, 2016
  9. Dunedoo

Dunedoo Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Dash Address:
    XyoSz4xviVGfks1pLhaXw2Baqmhfw5k7MG
    I spotted this this morning thinking how hard could it be. Good old google. I'm frustrated, as I can't buy Dash easily.
    I don't want to use fiat to buy BTC then exchange it for Dash, whats the point. It needs to be easy to buy Dash.
    I want to use https://www.livingroomofsatoshi.com/ to pay my bills with DASH with BPAY.

I was thinking of going out to the shed and knocking up a quick Dash ATM out of of plywood and spare parts.
    Put in a budget proposal of say 2000 dash to build it, go get some BTC then trade it for Dash, load up the Dash ATM and then bingo, my problem is solved, I can buy Dash from myself using the budget funding and if anyone wants to see a working machine, I'll say I need more Dash for transport of at least 10000 dash (because its a long way from Australia) load it up on a x people smugglers boat and push it out to sea. If the tides are favourable, it should hit the states eventually (most probably later).

10. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
  11. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
  12. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:

Minotaur Well-known Member
    Dash Core Group Foundation Member

Positive ratings received: 974
    Negative ratings received: 3

This guy received 936 likes. Average 2,2 likes for each message. And only 3 negative ratings. Too many likes! He is supposed to be a credible person, isnt he? Or maybe...dont you think that the like system is somehow flawed? Well, this is where big data turns usefull. Lets discover those who rated positevely the Minotaur. In order to discover the Minotaur (and who is hiding behind him) lets use Ariadne's thread.

In the absence of a Web of Trust, in the absense of a strictly defined electorate consisting of real persons, every voting system is flawed. Including the Dash Timocracy of course which is implemented in the budget system, and where we dont know how many masternodes every operator owns.

#102 demo, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    demo
    This message by demo has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Trolling Trolling x 4
  13. Stealth923

Stealth923 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

@kot @babygiraffe Wonder when the core team will give us updates as to where the money has been spent and how it failed.

I would guess that Minotaur will never get a proposal passed ever again after this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:

Additionaly those who supported the lamassu project by voting it, they must give the money back.

Τhe person who didnt accomplish the job is not the only responsible for the fiasco.
    The masternodes who voted for him are also responsible and they should pay the money spend, in case this money is lost.

Make them pay for the fiasco, so that way the next time they will think to vote for bullshits, they will be more cautious.

#104 demo, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    • Trolling Trolling x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. Stealth923

Stealth923 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

I have been around long enough to know that many projects fail in business they are not all successful. Learn from your mistakes and carry on....Masternodes should not have to pay this back. I would expect that Ira Miller pay back the funds if there has not been any work delivered to a high standard.

What I do NOT like however is the silence:
    1) Core team letting this drag on without taking responsibility to find out whats going on and inform the community. Many of them have direct contact to Ira Miller and Daniel. All it takes is a phone call to demand whats going on! It ISNT THAT HARD.
    2) Making excuses like we should have some info soon and never delivering upon those expectations.
    3) Possibly hoping that by staying quiet this will somehow be forgotten.

@kot @babygiraffe - If I were you, I would set aside some time in your busy schedules to get to the bottom of this or risk damaging your work even further.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    If Ira Miller dont pay back the funds , then the masternodes who supported this project should pay. This is the only way they will learn to vote wisely. You have to pay, in order to pay attention, and that way learn smth. According to my calculations, every masternode from those 1459 who voted yes, should pay 5 dash to cover the loss (this should happen of course only in case there is no deliverable and Ira Miller refuses to pay back the funds)

#106 demo, Dec 17, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Nitya Sattva

Nitya Sattva New Member

Deliver first and pay later, maybe that is the way to vote ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    And who wants to deliver before get paid? Anyway what you propose may be a solution for the future proposals.

But today we have the problem that 7000 dash have been paid, and there is no deliverable!
    So could you please suggest your solution for the today problem?

19. bertlebbert

I agree! Trouble is, @Minotaur wouldn't make any future proposals anyways - as @babygiraffe does this now for all core proposals.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    So @Minotaur 's proposals may hide behind @babygiraffe 's proposals?

Is this what you are saying?

21. bertlebbert

And then this of course would be policy for all proposals... at what point would any particular proposal become classified a 'fiasco'?

Edit: Don't forget, even though all payments have been made, this proposal still has 12 months left before it is complete (ie. the 12 months of 'service' that were contracted for)...

22. bertlebbert

Lol, I suppose so (and a wee bit more as well) - if you read between the lines.

23. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    A particular proposal is classified as a 'fiasco' if there is no delivarable. This is the ultimate fiasco.

In case a proposal is not an ultimate fiasco, then it is difficult to objectively judge whether something is a fiasco or not.

So lets focus on ultimate fiascos for now, and make a policy about ultimate fiascos for all future proposals. Although it is difficult to classify fiascos, I think it is easy to classify ultimate fiascos.

#113 demo, Dec 17, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    I didnt know that. So in that case lamassu ATM is not an ultimate fiasco. We have to wait 12 months in order to clasiffy it as an ultimate. Lamassu is doing what it is written in the contract, and nobody can blame lamassu.

But on the other hand, this is an ultimate fiasco contract! Who are the ones who voted so that first to pay for something, then wait for 12 months for the deliverable? Shouldnt we punish those 1459 who voted in favor of such an agreement?

So lets focus on ultimate fiascos contacts for now, and make a policy about ultimate fiascos contracts for all future proposals. Although it is difficult to classify fiasco contracts, I think it is easy to classify ultimate fiasco contracts, as long as those ultimate fiasco contracts have a common thing. They pay all the money and wait 12 months for the deliverable.

And because 12 months is a harcoded number and someone may say that 11 months is the fiasco limit, lets vote this number.

#114 demo, Dec 17, 2016
  25. Nitya Sattva

Nitya Sattva New Member

Who will do this ? People who mean well, people who have the skill and connections to get a product to market without help ?

Loads of people are willing to do this and loads of people do this already. If my heating breaks the plumber comes over fixes it and sends me the bill, electricity is delivered to my house and at the end of the month I pay the bill for what I used, same with my phone bills. Even in a store you pick up the product first and then pay for it after ... The same is true for all the contracting work I have been doing for years, we make a plan I deliver they pay (often there is an in between step / legal contract with extra payments but I still work before they pay)

As to your problem at hand (or in your mind) ? There is no solution, the network made a bad bet, a bad investment, learn from it and move on. Unless there is reasonable grounds for legal action (and as far as I can tell there is none) there is no reasonable recourse to solve this. I also see no issue ...

Getting the master nodes who voted to pay would further reduce the participation in the voting, so no I do not like the idea you proposed in an other thread. This is the deal in a democratic system, sometimes the majority hurts the minority and you have to live with it. Sins the Dash network is a voluntary system that does not force people to participate I have no problem with that. And if you do then maybe Dash is not the place for you … (just my 2 newbie cents)

#115 Nitya Sattva, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. GrandMasterDash

GrandMasterDash Well-known Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

@kot @babygiraffe are the exact same people that gave us Coinfirm, now our "official compliance partner"... funny how the "successful" projects are against end-users yet an ATM that serves the people is nowhere to be seen...

• Trolling Trolling x 2
  27. Miner237

Miner237 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Just to clarify this long on ongoing misinformation about this proposal, it is not with Lamassu the manufacture of the ATM.

The proposal is with Ira aka GitGuild to create a branch of the Lamassu software compatible with DASH, which could someday be merged into the official Lamassu software.

There have been some challenges as Lamassu is rewriting their code base to support ETH and I believe Ira is having to rewrite his code as well. But the silence that continues is causing this to start to take on the ultimate fiasco label.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  28. bertlebbert

Yes, the silence is deafening... last official comment in this thread was on July 19:
    Since then, NOTHING more than questions, speculations, and pleadings from the Dash community. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. camosoul

camosoul Well-known Member

The idea of ATMs should have been dead in the water from the get-go because it undermines the very purpose and use of IX.

• Like Like x 1
  30. TroyDASH

TroyDASH Well-known Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

Is there anybody on the team who *IS* available to provide an update? I don't think it's acceptable for the only contact person for this project to be unavailable for months without at least having someone else delegated to be able to follow up.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3