Dash Lamassu Integration Official Thread

isysd

Dec 23, 2015
Hi everyone, just pushed another set of code commits, and an update. Sorry for the delay. The developer who was previously assigned to this task had not made any progress for almost a month, so I took it out of his hands a week ago. No excuses, but that is how it is when dealing with people. :/

Knowing how late this is, I am finishing the code myself. This set of commits was to clean up everything that the previous dev did, and make it backwards compatible. This is essential for combining with other Lamassu plugins, like their most popular BTC wallet bitgo.

Now that the admin, server, and plugins are up to beta quality, it is only the machine that is left. This part is mostly just editing html pages. It is more tedious than challenging. I expect to have it done by EOW, and will do a demo video soon after. Assuming it goes well testing on our machine here, I'll package up the install scripts and others can begin testing.

Sorry again for the delays! We're also very excited to finish this project, as we have Lamassu machines waiting to be flashed with Dash and sent into the wild.

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
Hi everyone, just pushed another set of code commits, and an update. Sorry for the delay. The developer who was previously assigned to this task had not made any progress for almost a month, so I took it out of his hands a week ago. No excuses, but that is how it is when dealing with people. :/

Knowing how late this is, I am finishing the code myself. This set of commits was to clean up everything that the previous dev did, and make it backwards compatible. This is essential for combining with other Lamassu plugins, like their most popular BTC wallet bitgo.

Now that the admin, server, and plugins are up to beta quality, it is only the machine that is left. This part is mostly just editing html pages. It is more tedious than challenging. I expect to have it done by EOW, and will do a demo video soon after. Assuming it goes well testing on our machine here, I'll package up the install scripts and others can begin testing.

Sorry again for the delays! We're also very excited to finish this project, as we have Lamassu machines waiting to be flashed with Dash and sent into the wild.
Once again, thanks for the update, and for personally taking over the project! You are a great ally for us.

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/712358754457624577

isysd

Dec 23, 2015
isysd Thanks for update!

Exmo Exchange (www.exmo.com) already is thinking about buying "the very first DASH Lamassu Bitcoinomat for their office"
Also they may be helpful as they are very tech savvy guys (first and only Dash exchange who implemented InstantX) - so there maybe a some cooperation in this direction for both of you...
Absolutely, yes. I saw your visit, and a bit about exmo. Haven't had time to look at their API, but we try to maintain clients for all trustworthy exchanges. Will put Exmo on the list. :)

Solarminer

Apr 4, 2015
isysd Thanks for updating and taking the torch.

You mentioned you will be accepting instantx and that it isn't different than a standard transaction. There are differences. And more changes are getting added to help notify IX on a future dash releases. udjinM6 and moocowmoo are discussing the IX notifications and may be able to help. The GUI wallet says IX received in the details when it received an IX transaction. The dashd wallet will show both confirmations and bcconfirmations(block confirmations). The command dashd listtransactions will show each on the transaction details per below.

A standard transaction show 0 confirmations.
"confirmations" : 0,
"bcconfirmations" : 0,

An InstantX transaction will give 5 confirmations within a few seconds.
"confirmations" : 5,

So with an instantX you would accept that transaction right away(no waiting). The standard transaction you would want to wait until the confirmation = 5 or what the owner wants. With the InstantX Soda Machine we actually rejected the non-IX transactions because we didn't want to queue customers. I think you already have a way to queue customers and text when available so you may not need to reject non-IX transactions. Current mobile wallets now support IX - but it is an option that will cost about 6 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

isysd

Dec 23, 2015
A standard transaction show 0 confirmations.
"confirmations" : 0,

An InstantX transaction will give 5 confirmations within a few seconds.
"confirmations" : 5,
Thanks for the details! It looks easy enough if you're using dashd, which was my assumption when I initially wrote about InstantX. The previous dev decided to do MVP using only Poloniex. It works well enough for testing, and I'll do a dashd version soon, which will definitely support InstantX. I honestly don't think most people will want to run a node, though. Will have much better solutions in the months ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

BolehVPN

Nov 24, 2014
A bit disappointed at how things were sat on for a whole month but good on isysd stepping to the plate. Hope we have something concrete to see soon. Is the contract to Lamassu denominated in USD or Dash? What happens to the spare funds given the recent increase of price?

I really hope this can be done using InstantX as well. Exmo I believe supports this as well.

Reactions: bhkien

isysd

Dec 23, 2015
Hi everyone, good news! The beta versions of all components are complete, including dashd support. I believe, but have not been able to confirm in testing, that this should also include InstantX. As usual, you can see the latest status here:

https://github.com/deginner/DashLamassuProposal/wiki/Project

At this point, there are a few known bugs, but nothing that should block operation. This software is ready to be used by developers, but not yet the general public. We're currently installing it on a machine for integration testing. If there are technically-savvy Lamassu operators interested in helping us test, please let me know. Particularly if you have a two-way machine, as I only have a one-way to test on and the simulator doesn't work for it either!

isysd

Dec 23, 2015
Hi everyone, thank you for your patience! This week is a milestone in this project. After many complications, we're happy to announce two separate options for Dash Lamassu integration. One is fully supported by the new CTM vendor TigoCTM. The other option is a backwards compatible fork syncronized with Lamassu's (currently alpha) ETH integration, and requires similar technical capabilities to deploy as our earlier release.

Details:

https://github.com/GitGuild/gitguild_website/wiki/Dash-Update-Q3-2016

Reactions: Dunedoo and tungfa

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
With the eth delay, what's the new project delivery date?
as I understand it (and honestly I do not really)
we passed the eth delay - there is a dash version available now which still work with eth when lamassu finally catches up with that
@isysd is that correct and the short answer ?

Reactions: isysd

isysd

Dec 23, 2015
Exactly as @tungfa says. We have incorporated all of the changes from Lamassu's latest alpha branch (which includes ETH) into our Dash build. There still some minor cleanup to do before publishing, but it will be this week.

Reactions: tungfa and AndyDark

Dunedoo

Foundation Member
Feb 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
Dash Address
XyoSz4xviVGfks1pLhaXw2Baqmhfw5k7MG
Im serious, any news on the Lamassu ATM?
I know their getting paid funds and the options to buy Dash are limited.
Where I normally get my btc to exchange to Dash has to keep changing banks in Australia. Those bank f%ckers keep closing their accounts still after they learn the company iis trading in btc.

I just want to buy Dash direct, hence where the f%ck is the Lamassu ATM's?

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
as far as i know (and i do not know much) there will be a Dash ATM present at the LaBitConf in argentina - i have not gotten that confirmed yet if the machine is actually there or not but that is all i know

splawik21

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
Now... that would be cool.
So more 24h of waiting ;)

kot

Administrator
Core Developer
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Mar 17, 2015
Daniel wrote me yesterday that he did not managed to bring his machine to Argentina due to the extremely high cost (transport and taxes/customs) - it would be 2000 USD in one direction.

Dunedoo

Foundation Member
Feb 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
Dash Address
XyoSz4xviVGfks1pLhaXw2Baqmhfw5k7MG
No fricken way, I want a Dash integrated Lamassu in Sydney Australia!
I don't want to continue making btc & fiat the medium of exchange.

Reactions: tungfa