• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Lamassu Integration Official Thread

More software updates are to come, but I don't want to jump the gun. As usual, there are more unknown problems lurking ahead.

On the note of hardware, I'm pleased to announce that we're arranging for 5 machines of the next batch to have the Dash software installed. This is not a direct from Lamassu deal, but still we'll have machines ready to just buy, plug in, and start Dashing.

Will these still require the backend server portion to be running just the same as for the btc atm? The link on the website is broken. Also when you say next batch of 5 will ship with DASH are these the ones being produced in panama?

Hi folks, time for our first update. Things are moving, though it took longer than expected to iron out remaining architectural issues. Primarily the work so far has been on the "trade" portion of the project, and in ensuring an actionable price feed is available. Here is a websocket server that publishes USD/DASH tickers.

https://github.com/deginner/dash-ticker

As you can see, we've decided to chain the Coinapult (guaranteed price) and Poloniex (bid/ask) exchanges together to create the desired effect. When an actual transaction happened, these will have to be executed in serial. For this reason Coinapult was selected for the USD/BTC half, reducing the price uncertainty. As more significant USD/DASH exchanges become available, this funky, 2-layer trade system can be deprecated.

More software updates are to come, but I don't want to jump the gun. As usual, there are more unknown problems lurking ahead.

On the note of hardware, I'm pleased to announce that we're arranging for 5 machines of the next batch to have the Dash software installed. This is not a direct from Lamassu deal, but still we'll have machines ready to just buy, plug in, and start Dashing.
Thanks for this!

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/690625856729960448

Will these still require the backend server portion to be running just the same as for the btc atm?

Yes, the backend server will have to run, and in fact an extra service or two will be added. So far, this seems to be just dash-ticker and dashd. I know our team is working on ways to reduce and eventually remove the need for this backend server, and I believe I am safe in saying it is a priority for Lamassu as well.

The link on the website is broken.

Thanks. What website? :p

Also when you say next batch of 5 will ship with DASH are these the ones being produced in panama?

None are being produced in Panama. We're placing an order for some to be sent here for staging and flashing before being redistributed. This will take some extra time, but is quite efficient as Panama is a shipping hub with the second largest free zone in the world.

Please note that we are not officially affiliated with Lamassu in any way. We're just buying their hardware and installing new software (including the Dash integration) before reselling. This is entirely optional, and you can buy machines directly from Lamassu if you are impatient or prefer to do setup and operations yourself.

Please note that we are not officially affiliated with Lamassu in any way. We're just buying their hardware and installing new software (including the Dash integration) before reselling. This is entirely optional, and you can buy machines directly from Lamassu if you are impatient or prefer to do setup and operations yourself.

Oh ok it makes sense now, sorry so lamassu website had links to backend server i was looking at.

I see a potential problem...
Since there is a risk that MN operators will vote against the continuation of the project financing immediately after the software release - developer is interested to tighten the project to receive payment for all 12 months?
So we are likely to see the result until the end of 2016 or is it some results that will appear before?

I see a potential problem...
Since there is a risk that MN operators will vote against the continuation of the project financing immediately after the software release - developer is interested to tighten the project to receive payment for all 12 months?
So we are likely to see the result until the end of 2016 or is it some results that will appear before?

I hope isysd will comment on this, but even if the main code was done in a few months lets say April, I hope the masternode network would not vote this down just because the software is released. There will still be testing and upgrading and owners who will need help since Lamassu will not have an official help line for DASH.

I think we need to keep this going for the full 12 months and possibly more to help with adoption bug fixes and enhancements to the code that is being produced. We need to show Lamassu that the code should be merged with their production branch so ALL Lamassu ATM have a DASH option from the factory, not just the ones purchased through this partnership.

Hi everyone, we published a project update on the github wiki today. To summarize, pre-alpha code is available but not yet suitable for use on a live machine. We've found a few aspects of the work to be more complicated than expected, and chose to take our time doing it right. The goal, as we recognize, is to make the highest quality software, so that Lamassu and individual operators will be happy to use it.

https://github.com/deginner/DashLamassuProposal/wiki/Project

Hi everyone, we published a project update on the github wiki today. To summarize, pre-alpha code is available but not yet suitable for use on a live machine. We've found a few aspects of the work to be more complicated than expected, and chose to take our time doing it right. The goal, as we recognize, is to make the highest quality software, so that Lamassu and individual operators will be happy to use it.

https://github.com/deginner/DashLamassuProposal/wiki/Project
Thanks for keeping us updated! Communication is so important.
https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/700068548065038336

Are there any updates on the Dash/Lamassu integration?
Really looking forward to buy Dash direct from a atm

Hi everyone, just pushed another set of code commits, and an update. Sorry for the delay. The developer who was previously assigned to this task had not made any progress for almost a month, so I took it out of his hands a week ago. No excuses, but that is how it is when dealing with people. :/

Knowing how late this is, I am finishing the code myself. This set of commits was to clean up everything that the previous dev did, and make it backwards compatible. This is essential for combining with other Lamassu plugins, like their most popular BTC wallet bitgo.

Now that the admin, server, and plugins are up to beta quality, it is only the machine that is left. This part is mostly just editing html pages. It is more tedious than challenging. I expect to have it done by EOW, and will do a demo video soon after. Assuming it goes well testing on our machine here, I'll package up the install scripts and others can begin testing.

Sorry again for the delays! We're also very excited to finish this project, as we have Lamassu machines waiting to be flashed with Dash and sent into the wild.

Hi everyone, just pushed another set of code commits, and an update. Sorry for the delay. The developer who was previously assigned to this task had not made any progress for almost a month, so I took it out of his hands a week ago. No excuses, but that is how it is when dealing with people. :/

Knowing how late this is, I am finishing the code myself. This set of commits was to clean up everything that the previous dev did, and make it backwards compatible. This is essential for combining with other Lamassu plugins, like their most popular BTC wallet bitgo.

Now that the admin, server, and plugins are up to beta quality, it is only the machine that is left. This part is mostly just editing html pages. It is more tedious than challenging. I expect to have it done by EOW, and will do a demo video soon after. Assuming it goes well testing on our machine here, I'll package up the install scripts and others can begin testing.

Sorry again for the delays! We're also very excited to finish this project, as we have Lamassu machines waiting to be flashed with Dash and sent into the wild.
Once again, thanks for the update, and for personally taking over the project! You are a great ally for us.

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/712358754457624577

isysd Thanks for update!

Exmo Exchange (www.exmo.com) already is thinking about buying "the very first DASH Lamassu Bitcoinomat for their office"
Also they may be helpful as they are very tech savvy guys (first and only Dash exchange who implemented InstantX) - so there maybe a some cooperation in this direction for both of you...

Absolutely, yes. I saw your visit, and a bit about exmo. Haven't had time to look at their API, but we try to maintain clients for all trustworthy exchanges. Will put Exmo on the list. :)

isysd Thanks for updating and taking the torch.

You mentioned you will be accepting instantx and that it isn't different than a standard transaction. There are differences. And more changes are getting added to help notify IX on a future dash releases. udjinM6 and moocowmoo are discussing the IX notifications and may be able to help. The GUI wallet says IX received in the details when it received an IX transaction. The dashd wallet will show both confirmations and bcconfirmations(block confirmations). The command dashd listtransactions will show each on the transaction details per below.

A standard transaction show 0 confirmations.
"confirmations" : 0,
"bcconfirmations" : 0,

An InstantX transaction will give 5 confirmations within a few seconds.
"confirmations" : 5,

So with an instantX you would accept that transaction right away(no waiting). The standard transaction you would want to wait until the confirmation = 5 or what the owner wants. With the InstantX Soda Machine we actually rejected the non-IX transactions because we didn't want to queue customers. I think you already have a way to queue customers and text when available so you may not need to reject non-IX transactions. Current mobile wallets now support IX - but it is an option that will cost about 6 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
A standard transaction show 0 confirmations.
"confirmations" : 0,

An InstantX transaction will give 5 confirmations within a few seconds.
"confirmations" : 5,

Thanks for the details! It looks easy enough if you're using dashd, which was my assumption when I initially wrote about InstantX. The previous dev decided to do MVP using only Poloniex. It works well enough for testing, and I'll do a dashd version soon, which will definitely support InstantX. I honestly don't think most people will want to run a node, though. Will have much better solutions in the months ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
lamassu mtl.png
thx for update , can't wait to see Dash on the 17 Lamassu ATMs close to me

A bit disappointed at how things were sat on for a whole month but good on isysd stepping to the plate. Hope we have something concrete to see soon. Is the contract to Lamassu denominated in USD or Dash? What happens to the spare funds given the recent increase of price?

I really hope this can be done using InstantX as well. Exmo I believe supports this as well.

Back