• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

11.2 - Dash Release

Yes,
but I was talking about the windows download so slow...

The linux, ok no problem all good... but waiting for the maternode start and windows download take hours... (I edit the link in my first post to put the good version :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,
but I was talking about the windows download so slow...

The linux, ok no problem all good... but waiting for the maternode start and windows download take hours... (I edit the link in my first post to put the good version :) )
~5mbit on my side took 3 minutes for zip (80+mb) version....

Yes weird... Because I stop my torrent (they go fast...) but this one so slow..

Meanwhile I made a small script to update from darkcoin if it can help (can be copied in putty directly):

Code:
wget https://www.dashpay.io/binaries/dash-0.11.2.16-linux.tar.gz --no-check-certificate
tar zxvf  dash-0.11.2.16-linux.tar.gz
cp dash-0.11.2.16-linux/bin/64/dashd .
./darkcoind stop
sleep 6
rm darkcoind
mv .darkcoin .dash
mv .dash/darkcoin.conf .dash/dash.conf
rm .dash/peers.dat
./dashd

So I must have herpa-derped something and receiving this error "Incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datadir for network?" after I attempt ./dashd. The thing is, I changed the name on .darkcoin and darkcoin.conf to their respective dash names, and I was able to get my other MN updated no problem. I did experience a corrupted blockchain and that could be the root of it. Has anyone else found this error? Unsure how to redownload the blockchain when I can't even get the daemon to run.

So I must have herpa-derped something and receiving this error "Incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datadir for network?" after I attempt ./dashd. The thing is, I changed the name on .darkcoin and darkcoin.conf to their respective dash names, and I was able to get my other MN updated no problem. I did experience a corrupted blockchain and that could be the root of it. Has anyone else found this error? Unsure how to redownload the blockchain when I can't even get the daemon to run.

I messed up everything like you, this is what I executed:

./dashd stop
cp .dash/dash.conf ~/
rm -rf .dash
mkdir .dash
cp dash.conf ~/.dash/
chmod 444 .dash/dash.conf
./dashd

Wait for the blockchain to be downloaded.

551a06db797fa.png

551a06f2243ce.png
Ahh... I guess I know... To explain this we need to go back in history a bit :) Not so long ago first round was actually a "dirty" mixing - it was a process of creation denoms during that first round. So logic to count rounds was "hey, I found a denom in that tx - that's a mixing". And then we moved to preliminary creation of denominations so that only denominations were legit to enter even first round of mixing. But logic behind round calculation stayed the same and that was ok for that time. New wallet however has a lot more strict rules to that: it count each input independently and do not count them at all if there was even a single nondenom input in that tx. So these "dirty" rounds are completely ignored now. This should be more accurate and secure but you will need to mix a bit more though.

Ahh... I guess I know... To explain this we need to go back in history a bit :) Not so long ago first round was actually a "dirty" mixing - it was a process of creation denoms during that first round. So logic to count rounds was "hey, I found a denom in that tx - that's a mixing". And then we moved to preliminary creation of denominations so that only denominations was legit to enter even first round of mixing. But logic behind round calculation stayed the same and that was ok for that time. New wallet however has a lot more strict rules to that: it count each input independently and do not count them at all if there was even a single nondenom input in that tx. So these "dirty" rounds are completely ignored now. This should be more accurate and secure but you will need to mix a bit more though.
I was looking in the threads to find at what version this became the rule. Was it v.11.1.x ?
And this was when people got upset why their anonymous coins became non-anonymous.. :)

Edit: UdjinM6, I found it: https://dashtalk.org/threads/v0-11-0-darkcoin-core-release.3601/page-9#post-37141
And this nice DS change became effective since v.11.0.9 :) Thanks to you and Aswan and Evan! :)

I messed up everything like you, this is what I executed:

./dashd stop
cp .dash/dash.conf ~/
rm -rf .dash
mkdir .dash
cp dash.conf ~/.dash/
chmod 444 .dash/dash.conf
./dashd

Wait for the blockchain to be downloaded.
You are amazing sir!! TY!

UdjinM6

OSx. No resize fixes this. QT or column. Anyone else? This is not a VM. Traditional GUI version works ok.

P3AOoQK.png

CLRY2cI.png

Is that with some custom shortcut/cmdline?
Just tried to load the wallet. It was fully sync'd and all good to go. I encrypted the wallet and then the got the payment request error. I closed the error and tried to open the wallet then had the no wallet loaded.
I still can't open the wallet, it gives the message that it is already running. Still get the payment request error.

another bug found when using -litemode switch.
"dash-qt.exe -reindex -litemode" causes near immediate crash of win-qt.
also, caused a crash when I ran 'masternode vote' in a -litemode wallet debug window. (that I forgot was in litemode)

The wallet daemon for the explorer at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/ locked up during the night

Had to revert to the previous version, but this is not ideal with the upcoming hard fork :/

Had to kill the daemon, as it was not responding to any of the RPC calls, its CPU usage was minimal.
This was under Debian 7, nothing particular appeared in the debug log.

Just tried to load the wallet. It was fully sync'd and all good to go. I encrypted the wallet and then the got the payment request error. I closed the error and tried to open the wallet then had the no wallet loaded.
I still can't open the wallet, it gives the message that it is already running. Still get the payment request error.
I worked it out. Closed everything. Shut down my laptop. Threw it in the trunk of the car, drove over a bumpy road, come home restarted it and it all works fine now.:grin:

Evan and DASH Team, Great job and thank you!

I am so glad to see that we have PoSe to make sure MN operators are running one node per IP.

One problem I am seeing right now is the high load of the dashed process. It is taking 77% to 112% CPU time on a 2.4 GHz Westmere. Is that normal?

eduffield UdjinM6

On another note, I have a pooled MN with a friend, and when doing payout using coin control, the QT seems to want to charge me the change as fee. I had Darksend enabled (forgot to un-tick), but being a MN obviously had zero DS balance. Un-ticking DS reverted to correct figures.

Weird, right?

836mGfU.png

another bug found when using -litemode switch.
"dash-qt.exe -reindex -litemode" causes near immediate crash of win-qt.
also, caused a crash when I ran 'masternode vote' in a -litemode wallet debug window. (that I forgot was in litemode)
I got the "masternode vote" crash without litemode. But, when I restarted dash, I no longer have the high CPU load I reported earlier.

New wallet working great for me and looking heaps better. Thanks team.

If you ping me the default home/send/receive/transactions icons I'll design dashified ones if you like.

Those standard qt wallet icons have always burned my eyes.

Or are those tricky to change?

*Edit* Found em on github.

*Edit 2:* Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4tngirc0fhdxl3q/AAAdPAAVmzCpb89Wg3mkBcFIa?dl=0

DO1E7h5.png

Try these when you have a a moment. They have white borders so will work on the solid blue as well as white backgrounds.

*Edit 3* I'll add a few more options in the dropbox later.. I should be working..

Back