• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.16 - Onyx v2

May I ask why Onyx v2 MN is not backward compatible with Onyx? There should not be any technical issues preventing that? Right?

I'm running a hot/cold MN. "masternode debug" shows: "masternode started remotely"
MN list shows ~220MNs but I don't see my own IP
Have it running for ~18hours now on 16.6 and no payment so far (not that unusual)
Do I need to restart it because it's not in the MNlist or do I just have to wait?

Give people/pools time to upgrade.

Weird because Evan wrote this on BTCtalk

Masternode payments for version 16.6+ have begun! This means, there will be no more payments for the old network until they update.

Enjoy the extra payments
grin.gif

I'm running a hot/cold MN. "masternode debug" shows: "masternode started remotely"
Have it running for ~18hours now on 16.6 and no payment so far (not that unusual)
Do I need to restart it because it's not in the MNlist or do I just have to wait?

Yes... is "darkcoind masternode list | grep xx.xx.xx.xx" does not bring back your IP with :1 - then it dropped.

Fixed it with this: "shutdown all, delete peers.dat on local and remote, startup all, send masternode start twice a few seconds apart"
All credit goes to moocowmoo!
thanks again mate ;)

Give people/pools time to upgrade.
Why is there a rush to upgrade for v16 when v15 had a long waiting period to the enforcement? There is no reason to suddenly force people to upgrade immediately when v15 took 21 builds to become stable. The protocol should also be backward compatible until the v16 becomes stable.

2 hours in and all 5 nodes are down :/

EDIT: Reverted first node back to 15.21, and debug shows started, and is :1 on the list without local restart
EDIT2: Just realised the node I've updated got payed a little while ago after updating to 16.6, dont know if before of after dropping though.

EDIT3:

Its cosmetic !! doing masternode list on v.15.21 show all my 16.6 MN as :1, issuing the same command under 16.6 daemon returns empty. Reverted 2/5 to 15.21 and will leave the rest and report back

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is there a rush to upgrade for v16 when v15 had a long waiting period to the enforcement? There is no reason to suddenly force people to upgrade immediately when v15 took 21 builds to become stable. The protocol should also be backward compatible until the v16 becomes stable.
Because a problem was discovered in the Darksend protocol that could lead to transactions being traced through fees.

Because a problem was discovered in the Darksend protocol that could lead to transactions being traced through fees.
Yes and No.

Yes, we should hurry as Darksend is core feature (now).

No, we should test more, just a few more hours of testing wouldn't hurt anyone but they would reveal:
1. Memory issues and crashes
2. Protocol issues and MNs delistings
and this would help us to avoid a lot of confusions

There is a HUGE amount of work Evan has done for these few days and there is a lot of changes
https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commit/8833d12a3af7d13b29079b6202ef2455971c8e34
I really respect it so why ruin it by pushing not properly tested code to mainnet?

Back