Dash Evolution creates a new type of cryptographic currency with various advanced features that assist in the creation of decentralized technology. Dash introduces a tiered network design, which allows users to do various jobs for the network, along with decentralized API access and a decentralized file system.
We will be writing the software for this project in stages, the first stage will take about 2 months to have a very early prototype for Dash Evolution that includes a basic implementation of DashDrive, Primitives, DAPI and a simple T3 wallet. In six to eight months, we should be entering testnet phase with most basic functionality. In 12-18 months, we plan for the first release version (a stable prototype).
Included below is our current work on Evolution, that adds many components such as:
- DashDrive – A decentralized shared file system that lives on the second tier network
- DAPI – A decentralized API which allows third tier users to access the network securely
- DashPay Decentralized Wallets – These wallets are light clients connected to the network via DAPI and run on various platforms
- Second Tier – The masternode network, which provides compensated infrastructure for the project
- Budgets – The second tier is given voting power to allocate funds for specific projects on the network via the budget system
- Governance – The second tier is given voting power to govern the currency and chart the course the currency takes
- Quorum Chain – This feature introduces a permanent stable masternode list, which can be used to calculate past and present quorums
- Social Wallet – We introduce a social wallet, which allows friends lists, grouping of users and shared multisig accounts.
Evolution Documentation Release
The documentation below is intended to be a very early version of what we’re planning on implementing, however, everything is subject to change over time. These aren’t really intended to be whitepapers, just simple technical documents showing the design choices and structures.
Evolution Prototype: January 22th, 2016
Explore all of the features of the Dash Evolution prototype with Evan Duffield. Including Registration, Validation of the account, login, friending, pay-to-alias and pay-with-dash buttons.
Download DashEvolution Demo
You can even try DashEvolution yourself by installing the prototype wallet. Please take into account that this is only a demo to show how things will be, please don’t use it with real funds.
Latest Update: January 22nd, 2016
|Platform||Electrum Dash Evo Demo (don't use with real funds) (v13-1408039f)|
|Standalone Executable Demo||Hash||PGP|
|Verify Signatures||Key 1|
Verify the DashEvolution binaries
We will be releasing many more documents not here yet in the near future, please keep coming back to see updates and progress of Evolution.
Releases: Last Updated – January 22th, 2016
|Dash v13||Basic outline of new paper||v1|
|DashPay Decentralized Wallet||Social wallet implementation using DAPI||v1|
|Evolution Source||Basic classed out structure for Evolution, without most functionality implemented. This should give a general idea of how the system will function.||Evolution Repo|
|DAPI Paper||Basic outline of how our decentralized API functions||v1|
|Dash Prototype Paper||Documentation for the Dash Prototype, the first generation of the Dash Evolution wallet built on Evolution||v1|