Today we are happy to announce the release of 0.12.2.0 of the Dash Core software!
This is a major release of the Dash Core 0.12.2.x series. This release contains new features, improvements and bugfixes.
The most notable changes are:
- DIP0001 implementation (which is a 2MB block upgrade);
- Transaction fee reduction 10x (activates via DIP0001 activation);
- InstantSend vulnerability fix (activates via DIP0001 lock in);
- PrivateSend improvement which should allow user to have mixed funds available much faster;
- Various RPC changes;
- Lots of backports from Bitcoin Core and refactoring of our own legacy code which should improve performance and make code more reliable and easier to review;
- Experimental HD wallet with BIP39/BIP44 support.
There are also tons of smaller fixes and improvements, you can see extended description of the items above as well as the full list of changes in release notes available on github: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/v0.12.2.0/doc/release-notes.md
As you might know, the upgrade procedure for this release and the release itself was extensively (stress-)tested to make sure everything works smoothly and nodes can handle the load of full 2MB blocks once they are allowed on the network. We confirmed on testnet that there are no known issues left and we consider this release to be a stable one.>
How to update?
Regular users Simply need to download and install an updated version of their wallet software. Instructions can be found here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/124026991/Updating+to+12.2+-+Users
Masternode upgrade instructions can be found here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/123961419/Updating+to+12.2+-+Masternodes
P2pool node operators Need to update both Dash Core binaries and pool software. The version of p2pool software capable of handling 2MB blocks is available on github: https://github.com/dashpay/p2pool-dash
Binaries are available from official website: https://www.dash.org/downloads/#wallets
Bugs / Issues:
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at github: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/issues
DMT v0.9.13 released
(full support for Ledger Nano S wallets):