• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.1 - InstantX Release

Have run into three bugs when trying to send an outbound IX.

All cause this dialog to appear:

gx2pBwn.png

Bug 1 -- incoming IX is in progress (hung):
Wallet A sends (IX) 1 drk to wallet B. IX hangs with insufficient signature threshold.
Wallet B selects different, existing, confirmed inputs, attempts outbound IX.
Dialog appears.

Bug 2 -- incoming IX is complete with one block confirmation:
Wallet A sends (IX) 1 drk to wallet B. IX meets signature threshold. Confs equal 5.
Block is discovered. Confs equal 6.
Wallet B selects newly received IX input, attempts outbound IX.
Dialog appears.

Bug 3 -- unrelated outbound ix is blocked until incoming ix reaches 6 blocks.
Also, display count exceeds actual count, confusing when compared to dialog message.
Wallet A sends (IX) 1 drk to wallet B. IX meets signature threshold. Confs equal 5.
Wallet B selects different, existing, confirmed inputs, attempts outbound IX.
Dialog appears.
Block is discovered. Conf display shows 6. Still cant send (dialog appears)
Block is discovered. Conf display shows 7. Still cant send.
Block is discovered. Conf display shows 8. Still cant send.
Block is discovered. Conf display shows 9. Still cant send.
Block is discovered. Conf display shows 10. Still cant send.
Block is discovered. Conf display shows 6.
Wallet B can now successfully send non-related-input outbound IX

Thanks for all your hard work team!

Maybe I am confused (someone that knows for sure please help), but doesn't the popup message mean you need 6 POW confirmations for the inputs used in IX. Thus IX 5 + POW 1= 6 confirmations would not be sufficient. I thinks that explains your bug 2 maybe 3 as well depending on what inputs were used. Not sure what is going on with bug 1...

Last edited by a moderator:
Still can't InstantX on Mainnet and the transaction fee for DS/IX is quite high if DRK goes up to the moon!

At first:
Status: 0/confirmed (InstantX verification in progress - 12 of 20 signatures ), broadcast through 21 node(s)
Date: 2/11/2015 01:16
To: Wallet 2 XoNGxnL9wqgbJpQQncqtyMGaKhtJMjBZz4
Debit: -1.00 DRK
Transaction fee: -0.100011 DRK
Net amount: -1.100011 DRK

Transaction ID: 8626f59a782081afc65278c78d12f8e6f5d27c1efcb1eaee132876cd8d6b98c1-000

Later:
Date: 2/11/2015 01:16
To: XoNGxnL9wqgbJpQQncqtyMGaKhtJMjBZz4 (own address, label: Wallet 2)
Credit: 1.00 DRK
Net amount: +1.00 DRK
Transaction ID: 8626f59a782081afc65278c78d12f8e6f5d27c1efcb1eaee132876cd8d6b98c1-000

(But I can't disagree due to the "dead change" issue.... I blame it on Aswan though!)
jk :grin:

EDIT: Second thought: eduffield, when it's a failed IX transaction, could we get our fee money back? Can you make the transaction go without the IX fee somehow? Thanks!
Scratch this. I just checked and realized DS tx's have this fee regardless IX or not.

This is a serious coming of age for the entire DRK codebase... Feature set and clean... There's about a dozen things that make DRK bigger than anything in crypto now... NExt to DRK BTC doesn't even exist... The tech of DRK is so far ahead of BTC and it's clones they can't even see each other anymore...

Only a flaming retard can argue against DRK vs anything at all...

On to the dirty testnet testing. ;-)

Masternode getinfo shows 'version': 110119 but wallet version is 60001 and protocol version is 70066. Is this OK or I need to do something?

Just did a second IX transaction, but it failed:

upload_2015-2-11_7-28-53.png

I'm going to wait for most of the Masternodes to update and try again.

What is "Darksend Make Collateral Inputs"? Is this the same collateral fee we've had to prevent abuse on DS? On and off I'm running DS and at the same time I've sent transactions from this wallet to another and back, so far I've got 3 of this fee.

upload_2015-2-11_11-11-25.png

What is "Darksend Make Collateral Inputs"? Is this the same collateral fee we've had to prevent abuse on DS? On and off I'm running DS and at the same time I've sent transactions from this wallet to another and back, so far I've got 3 of this fee.

View attachment 997
To submit denominations to masternode for DS mixing you need to provide a collateral transaction (0.1 DRK tx fee). Mixing will not start until you have at least 2 of collateral-like inputs (0.1*N + 0.0125). "Darksend Make Collateral Inputs" is an action that checks that you have them and if not it forces wallet to create them first. I guess when you sent funds you could accidentally send some of these collateral inputs too.

Update - 11.1.20 Core - All Users

- This will limit the max amount that can be sent via IX for the time being. It's currently set to 1000DRK

* This is not mandatory and it doesn't require a cold restart

Source: https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin
Compiled Binaries: https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/
I've been busy doing other stuffs... Do IX TXes look like any other after they hit block? My root query is; can an IX TX be used to fund an MN VIN? Not that it really makes sense or there's any need, but could it?

Since IX is getting so much attention, I think now would be a good time to make a visible update describing how DRK works, to get rid of all the misinformation that's been spread by the hundreds of HaterCoins and their Bitter Bag Holders... Tungfa merely mentioned it and there was a deluge of BS and hate...

DRK doesn't even remotely resemble what it was a year ago. The advancements a fucking amazing, beyond anything else in crypto on so many fronts. I had my doubts a few times, almost bailed out once. Glad I didn't. Evan and his minions really pulled off some amazing shit that no other coin can even claim a part of...

It's no longer "DRK is gonna be..." It is NOW. It's no longer a future, someday thing. Plain sight anon that doesn't depend on breakable tech, exceptionally decentralized masternode 2nd tier network capable of providing both the denom and ix service and paid for their Proof of Service, not proof od hoard...

This ain't no silly coinjoin browser plugin bullshit that doesn't actually do anything it claims to do. It's not a trusted service band-aid to fat old slow broken bitcoin, or any of it's equally busted clones...

Satoshi said BTC was an experiment. Evan learned from that experiment. Many people did not.

Many people still refuse to admit to what the experiment exposed... Denial is not a trait of a good investor.

Whale bagholders are the enemy.

All their ships are going down, and they prefer to be mad instead of ready...

YAAARRRRR!!!! MAN THE HARPOONS!!!

Need a DRK Crotch Rocket with a "No Fat Coins" sticker... lols.

Downloads - 11.1.21 Core - All Users

******** Please Update to 11.1.21 if you can, once that's done we can turn on enforcement *********

* No cold start needed

Source: https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin
Compiled Binaries: https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/

Updates:
v0.11.1.20 - Limit IX to 1000DRK max for the time being
v0.11.1.21 - Fixed spork message propagation

Back