• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.1 - InstantX Release

v0.11.1.22 on Mac

there was a post recently where somebody posted
that he started a new wallet and could not find the wallet.dat file
(i did not believe him)

I can not find the new wallet.dat file !?
Started a new wallet, everything on zero but
user - library -Applic Support - Darkcoin ... NO Wallet.dat

Any tips ?

v0.11.1.22 on Mac

(i did not believe him)

Any tips ?
Did it get lumped into a Bitcoin data folder? I thought this saved location was resolved but there were reports previously of a bitcoin datafolder created on the Core releases.

Did it get lumped into a Bitcoin data folder? I thought this saved location was resolved but there were reports previously of a bitcoin datafolder created on the Core releases.

I have no bitcoin folder in application support

v0.11.1.22 on Mac

(i did not believe him)

Any tips ?
Just downloaded fresh wallet from darkcoin.io, wiped Darkcoin folder (don't worry, i have a backup ;) ) and started new wallet. It asked me where do I want my data dir and I just left it default. It created wallet and started to sync. I opened terminal and issued
Code:
ls ~/Library/Application\ Support/Darkcoin
and everything is as expected
o69miNo.png

EDIT: simplified command a bit

Just downloaded fresh wallet from darkcoin.io, wiped Darkcoin folder (don't worry, i have a backup ;) ) and started new wallet. It asked me where do I want my data dir and I just left it default. It created wallet and started to sync. I opened terminal and issued
Code:
ls ~/Library/Application\ Support/Darkcoin
and everything is as expected
o69miNo.png

EDIT: simplified command a bit

"wiped Darkcoin folder (don't worry, i have a backup ;)"

erase everything ?! download new blockchain and all ?

"wiped Darkcoin folder (don't worry, i have a backup ;)"

erase everything ?! download new blockchain and all ?
I think it was more of a point to show where it is at. If you can find your data folder, it should be in there unless you have arguments telling to look in a different location (or for a different file name). Further, you should still be able to obtain a backup from inside the client by using the backup wallet feature.

I think it was more of a point to show where it is at. If you can find your data folder, it should be in there unless you have arguments telling to look in a different location (or for a different file name). Further, you should still be able to obtain a backup from inside the client by using the backup wallet feature.
exactly :)

hmmm... check your darkcoin.conf for "datadir=...." settings

no darkcoin.conf file
this is a new and empty wallet

everything on zero
i would erase it (as i want to use my other wallet.dat files)
but i do not know where it is !

Edit:
it sucks to be a tech nob in this complicated world !

Last edited by a moderator:
@evan or devs - something happened with spork functionality - my pool wallet suddenly rolled back approx 100 blocks and then started from the beginning. I had to manually adjust DB on my pool. Apart of this I had 3 orphaned blocks in last 3 hrs which is very unusual. Here is debug.log:

http://pastebin.com/q4qSL4m4

no darkcoin.conf file
this is a new and empty wallet

everything on zero
i would erase it (as i want to use my other wallet.dat files)
but i do not know where it is !
ok, let's go another way: Tools -> Information -> Debug log file (Open)
It will open console with your debug.log file. There is a search field in top right corner, enter "Using data directory". That should give you an answer :)

ok, let's go another way: Tools -> Information -> Debug log file (Open)
It will open console with your debug.log file. There is a search field in top right corner, enter "Using data directory". That should give you an answer :)

Nobody home
mQQmARG.jpg

I can just erase the User - darkcoin folder honestly (i do not care) and just download blockchain again
might be the easiest ?

Edit: off to bed,
tx for now

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody home
mQQmARG.jpg

I can just erase the User - darkcoin folder honestly (i do not care) and just download blockchain again
might be the easiest ?
ghmmm...... Interesting... What does searching for "Using wallet" give you? And are you sure this "Library" in Finder is actually "~/Library/" and not "/Library/"?

EDIT: ignore the stroked one

spork show
{
"SPORK_1_MASTERNODE_PAYMENTS_ENFORCEMENT" : 1443754538,
"Unknown" : 1444217600,
"SPORK_6_REPLAY_BLOCKS" : -1
}

1443754538 = Fri Oct 2 02:55:38 UTC 2015

Really?

Holy, this MN is nominated over and over and over.

Address belongs to miningpoolhub. I suppose they manipulated their mining darkcoin instance to nominate their own masternode, whenever they find a block.

Back