Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
v0.11.1.22 on Mac

there was a post recently where somebody posted
that he started a new wallet and could not find the wallet.dat file
(i did not believe him)

I can not find the new wallet.dat file !?
Started a new wallet, everything on zero but
user - library -Applic Support - Darkcoin ... NO Wallet.dat

Any tips ?

oblox

Aug 6, 2014
v0.11.1.22 on Mac

(i did not believe him)

Any tips ?
Did it get lumped into a Bitcoin data folder? I thought this saved location was resolved but there were reports previously of a bitcoin datafolder created on the Core releases.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Did it get lumped into a Bitcoin data folder? I thought this saved location was resolved but there were reports previously of a bitcoin datafolder created on the Core releases.
I have no bitcoin folder in application support

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
v0.11.1.22 on Mac

(i did not believe him)

Any tips ?
Just downloaded fresh wallet from darkcoin.io, wiped Darkcoin folder (don't worry, i have a backup ;) ) and started new wallet. It asked me where do I want my data dir and I just left it default. It created wallet and started to sync. I opened terminal and issued
Code:
ls ~/Library/Application\ Support/Darkcoin
and everything is as expected

EDIT: simplified command a bit

Reactions: tungfa

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Just downloaded fresh wallet from darkcoin.io, wiped Darkcoin folder (don't worry, i have a backup ;) ) and started new wallet. It asked me where do I want my data dir and I just left it default. It created wallet and started to sync. I opened terminal and issued
Code:
ls ~/Library/Application\ Support/Darkcoin
and everything is as expected

EDIT: simplified command a bit
"wiped Darkcoin folder (don't worry, i have a backup ;)"

erase everything ?! download new blockchain and all ?

oblox

Aug 6, 2014
"wiped Darkcoin folder (don't worry, i have a backup ;)"

erase everything ?! download new blockchain and all ?
I think it was more of a point to show where it is at. If you can find your data folder, it should be in there unless you have arguments telling to look in a different location (or for a different file name). Further, you should still be able to obtain a backup from inside the client by using the backup wallet feature.

Reactions: UdjinM6

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
I think it was more of a point to show where it is at. If you can find your data folder, it should be in there unless you have arguments telling to look in a different location (or for a different file name). Further, you should still be able to obtain a backup from inside the client by using the backup wallet feature.
exactly :)

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
sorry i had a long day

downloaded new wallet
running
doing terminal / command line

same same , no wallet dat ?
hmmm... check your darkcoin.conf for "datadir=...." settings

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
hmmm... check your darkcoin.conf for "datadir=...." settings
no darkcoin.conf file
this is a new and empty wallet

everything on zero
i would erase it (as i want to use my other wallet.dat files)
but i do not know where it is !

Edit:
it sucks to be a tech nob in this complicated world !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Light

feeleep

Oct 18, 2014
@evan or devs - something happened with spork functionality - my pool wallet suddenly rolled back approx 100 blocks and then started from the beginning. I had to manually adjust DB on my pool. Apart of this I had 3 orphaned blocks in last 3 hrs which is very unusual. Here is debug.log:

http://pastebin.com/q4qSL4m4

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
no darkcoin.conf file
this is a new and empty wallet

everything on zero
i would erase it (as i want to use my other wallet.dat files)
but i do not know where it is !
ok, let's go another way: Tools -> Information -> Debug log file (Open)
It will open console with your debug.log file. There is a search field in top right corner, enter "Using data directory". That should give you an answer :)

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
ok, let's go another way: Tools -> Information -> Debug log file (Open)
It will open console with your debug.log file. There is a search field in top right corner, enter "Using data directory". That should give you an answer :)
Nobody home

I can just erase the User - darkcoin folder honestly (i do not care) and just download blockchain again
might be the easiest ?

Edit: off to bed,
tx for now

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
Nobody home

I can just erase the User - darkcoin folder honestly (i do not care) and just download blockchain again
might be the easiest ?
ghmmm...... Interesting... What does searching for "Using wallet" give you? And are you sure this "Library" in Finder is actually "~/Library/" and not "/Library/"?

EDIT: ignore the stroked one

thelazier

Jan 5, 2015
Thailand
Dash Address
Xreiza1qGJMT5BpW6BDtRJqwtcBSxGwWYN
spork show
{
"SPORK_1_MASTERNODE_PAYMENTS_ENFORCEMENT" : 1443754538,
"Unknown" : 1444217600,
"SPORK_6_REPLAY_BLOCKS" : -1
}

1443754538 = Fri Oct 2 02:55:38 UTC 2015

Really?

rango

Jun 19, 2014
Holy, this MN is nominated over and over and over.

Address belongs to miningpoolhub. I suppose they manipulated their mining darkcoin instance to nominate their own masternode, whenever they find a block.

oblox

Aug 6, 2014
Holy, this MN is nominated over and over and over.

Address belongs to miningpoolhub. I suppose they manipulated their mining darkcoin instance to nominate their own masternode, whenever they find a block.
Only works when enforcement is off (granted, it has been off for a while now)...

Reactions: rango

elbereth

Dash Support Group
Mar 25, 2014
Costa Rica
dashninja.pl
Dash Address
XkfkHqMnhvQovo7kXQjvnNiFnQhRNZYCsz
There is a huge problem with blocktemplate and masternode pubkey used for payment.

I have 3 nodes synced, all 3 keeps nominating the same and unique pubkey as masternode to pay (each node a different one)...

There is definetly something very wrong in .22...

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014
Mandatory Update to 11.1.23

After thoroughly testing masternode payments on testnet, we were surprised when they didn't work properly on mainnet and caused issues. As it turns out someone found a way to alter the masternode payment messages in transit and cause this behavior on mainnet. This has been fixed in 11.1.23, but the changes are not compatible with the prior versions, so we will require all users (pools, masternodes and normal users) to update. It's greatly appreciated that you update as turning on fair and enforced masternode payments is our highest priority currently.

* This update does not require a cold restart

Downloads:
https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/

Thanks!

The Darkcoin Team

strix

Foundation Member
Sep 14, 2014
The Shadow Lands
Trying to update via github, but says I'm up to date. I'm on Arch Linux trying to update using "yaourt -Syua --devel"

I presume this simply means that github has not been updated yet, and I just need to keep checking. Is this correct? (Just using the client--no masternode yet--sadly:sad:)

vertoe

Three of Nine
Mar 28, 2014
Unimatrix Zero One
Trying to update via github, but says I'm up to date. I'm on Arch Linux trying to update using "yaourt -Syua --devel"

I presume this simply means that github has not been updated yet, and I just need to keep checking. Is this correct? (Just using the client--no masternode yet--sadly:sad:)
make sure you are on master branch. which AUR package are you using? reinstall darkcoin-git with yaourt -S darkcoin-git and it will pull the latest from git.

splawik21

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
If I -reindex on my remote part because the blockchain stuck do I have to start it again form local or is it fine after all is synced?

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
Just updated to .23

Closed local client, restarted new one, told me my block database was corrupted... Do I want to reindex. It has happened on every version since .20 - So I decided to just kill the whole directory and re-pull chain cuz re-indexing isn't fixing it.

Code:
2015-02-12 22:10:38 *** System error: CDB : Error -30974, can't open database wallet.dat
As that's happening, I get this old thing again... Error about my wallet.dat, which is a new file, while downloading the chain... IF experience is any indicator, this wallet.dat error will stop happening as soon as chain pulls successfully.

It's not actually an error with wallet.dat, it's got something to do with sorting forks/validating blocks, but manages to give a totally nonsense error message about wallet.dat. Does this even when I delete wallet.dat and it makes a new one...

Reactions: UdjinM6

strix

Foundation Member
Sep 14, 2014
The Shadow Lands
Thank you yet again Vertoe. Yes I was using darkcoin-git, and the command "yaourt -S darkcoin-git" got me up and running this time.