• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0.x Core Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, testing seems a bit slow this time around.

my two duffs: It would be great if we had some test scripts for everyone to verify basic and advanced functionality in this new client. I guess there were quite significant code changes in this version and it would be nice if we can avoid a lot of patching once it is released on mainnet. Especially if we are not going to have the spork engine available; the ghost of forks past looms large over us now.

unfortunately I don't even know where to start in writing up a test script, or i would swag one myself.

Will do when possible, no more Satoshi I guess?
Yep, it's called "Core" now :)

Code:
    {
        "addr" : "108.61.164.106:19999",
        "addrlocal" : "104.207.147.135:19999",
        "services" : "00000001",
        "lastsend" : 1420557108,
        "lastrecv" : 1420557109,
        "bytessent" : 92255,
        "bytesrecv" : 276796,
        "conntime" : 1420549028,
        "pingtime" : 0.00000000,
        "version" : 70052,
        "subver" : "/Core:0.11.0.3/",
        "inbound" : false,
        "startingheight" : 87659,
        "banscore" : 0,
        "syncnode" : false
    },

vertoe, per your question in IRC, I guess we did have a fork on Testnet? This is what's showing on my transactions screen:

View attachment 749

Does it mean all those greyed out transactions were on the wrong fork? and I've lost them? But my balance still shows the same like I haven't lost them.

EDIT: I think those are denoms and I guess I can't lose them but they didn't go thru the mixing processes.
I got rid of this screen and restored some stuck transactions by using "\darkcoin-qt.exe -zapwallettxes -reindex". The last 20 hours or so Darksend has been running on my wallet like it's on steroid:

upload_2015-1-6_19-36-55.png

Btw, what's "Added Darksend high precision matching engine"? I wish I could understand everything on the v.11 Release Notes.

Anybody else notice that Darksend get occasionally stuck? It will run great for 6-8 hours then get stuck with the message "Last successful darksend was too recent" until I restart the client. While it is stuck I get a lot of "DoAutomaticDenominating : Too little to denominate" in the debug log.

Anybody else notice that Darksend get occasionally stuck? It will run great for 6-8 hours then get stuck with the message "Last successful darksend was too recent" until I restart the client. While it is stuck I get a lot of "DoAutomaticDenominating : Too little to denominate" in the debug log.
Same thing just happened to my wallet. I looked and saw that all my tDRKs have been denominated but not all of them got 8 rounds. The only left non-denominated amounts are the change amounts which, to my understanding, can't be denominated. I think Darksend kept looking at those change amounts and stopped moving for several hours, no matter how many times I clicked on the buttons trying to get it move. I restarted the wallet and now it's mixing again.

eduffield, is this normal?

Damn moli, you a tdrk whore!
LOL

Ok, updating, resending to self then starting denominating process once again ;P

Ooops, scratch that, I was already on vs 3.... will reset my rounds n stuff, see what happens ;)

Question???? How does one use the custom change address? What is it for? Thanks!

Ok, in case it's of any use, here are 3 images covering my list of denominated funds:
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/2290/rRsSAN.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img538/6770/5p5x0i.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img673/4617/ZwV5OK.png

I requested 1000 coins at 3 rounds and my balance is 1464.309....
I got 1445.1 coins up to 9 rounds

Weirdest thing you'll see is in the first image listed, 17.7994... coins were not sent for mixing at all. I don't know why. Also, at this time, my wallet shows some ! in the transactions tab. Did someone mention that we had a fork? I guess I might be on the wrong fork???

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows wallet 32-bit has a glitch... I clicked the button to stop DS, then clicked it again to start DS, and got this screen:

upload_2015-1-7_13-29-18.png

EDIT: JIRA-143

LOL

Ok, updating, resending to self then starting denominating process once again ;P

Ooops, scratch that, I was already on vs 3.... will reset my rounds n stuff, see what happens ;)

Question???? How does one use the custom change address? What is it for? Thanks!

Ok, in case it's of any use, here are 3 images covering my list of denominated funds:
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/2290/rRsSAN.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img538/6770/5p5x0i.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img673/4617/ZwV5OK.png

I requested 1000 coins at 3 rounds and my balance is 1464.309....
I got 1445.1 coins up to 9 rounds

Weirdest thing you'll see is in the first image listed, 17.7994... coins were not sent for mixing at all. I don't know why. Also, at this time, my wallet shows some ! in the transactions tab. Did someone mention that we had a fork? I guess I might be on the wrong fork???
Tante, I don't think you're on a fork. You don't have any transactions that got greyed out that I can see. And if you don't have a stuck transaction, then you're fine. Also checking http://test.explorer.darkcoin.fr/chain/tDarkcoin, it seems doing fine. Not sure why that amount 17.7994 wouldn't denominate, but DS has been going over the target amount and giving us 9 rounds for the 8 rounds target. I guess we have to wait for Evan to elaborate on this.

Tante, I don't think you're on a fork. You don't have any transactions that got greyed out that I can see. And if you don't have a stuck transaction, then you're fine. Also checking http://test.explorer.darkcoin.fr/chain/tDarkcoin, it seems doing fine. Not sure why that amount 17.7994 wouldn't denominate, but DS has been going over the target amount and giving us 9 rounds for the 8 rounds target. I guess we have to wait for Evan to elaborate on this.

I think I am, this is what I get:

e9pra7.png

I'm currently resyncing

I'm wondering if all wallets should simply denominate 8X always since it doesn't cost very much anymore? After all, your coins are only as untraceable as your partners?

I think I am, this is what I get:

e9pra7.png
Oh.. that was on 1/3 then probably something was going on with Testnet, maybe a fork, but I don't know. I had a bunch of greyed out transactions and I saw the testnet block chain go back on some blocks, but once I used "-zapwallettxes -reindex", my wallet was fine.

I'm wondering if all wallets should simply denominate 8X always since it doesn't cost very much anymore? After all, your coins are only as untraceable as your partners?

hahaha, I agree, it would be nice if the most anonymous option was a default and as simple as pressing 1 green button.

It would avoid the mental process of : well what do I select for that… why are they offering other options, how anonymous do I have to be, do I have to do research on the different rounds of anonymity? lol To be honest I don't really understand why there is a choice, is less than 8 rounds anonymous or not, it would be less confusing to have 1 button to press for everyday users; Maybe an advanced option for advanced users somewhere in a menu but why would they want that? Less anonymous?

Windows wallet v.11.0.3 - In just a few days this is what Darksend has anonymized ...
With 2 rounds and up:

upload_2015-1-7_20-5-46.png

With 4 rounds and up:

upload_2015-1-7_20-8-41.png

With 6 rounds and up:

upload_2015-1-7_20-11-38.png

With 8 rounds and up:

upload_2015-1-7_20-16-27.png

And it looks like it's not finished, still going to anonymize more tdrk....

well, I -reindex my wallet, but now I'm doing it all over again with -zapwallettxes because the transactions were still there.

Yah, r-ando, I think it used to take so long to mix, and that's why we were given a choice, but now, it goes quite quickly. I don't think we need a choice? Or?

Ok, just going to bed soon, and so I decided to change the settings from 1000 coins 3 rounds to 1000 coins 8 rounds. Immediately, as you can see, my progress went to 53%, which sounds okish, since many coins are already at 9 rounds and most over 4, so we'll see how it goes :) I just want to see if there is any hiccup changing the settings once another setting completed :)
NonZGv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back