• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0.x Core Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is safe to say my v60001 wallet did not work on the v11client (windows-qt 32bit & 64bit). I can access the older wallet by running a v1017 client on testnet but can't send my tDRK to the new 'y' address in v11, the address is invalid.

Edit: I could finally move my tDRK from v10 wallet to v11 wallet using dumpprivkey / importprivkey.
This TESTNET version has a change on the address name, from "m, n" to "x, y", so that's why you can't send coins from an "m" or "n" address to an "x" or "y" address and vice versa.

What I did: I loaded up the client v.10.17.24 and withdrew coins from the Test faucets. Then I closed the client v.10.17.24, and loaded this client v.11, and it runs fine for me (windows 32bit version). Also, while I'm running Darksend on v.11, I still can get more tDRK from the test faucets by typing the "m" address onto the faucet site and the coins come straight to my wallet. I'm not sure why you can't do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
eduffield, the Progress bar and Darksend Balance are not in agreement with the option "Amount of Darkcoins to keep anonymized", and we still get 9 rounds. I guess the target amount is just a number but now we can continuously mix all of the coins in our wallet? I have no complaint if that's the case.

upload_2015-1-4_8-56-7.png

I have a stubborn 1200DRK lump that isn't getting demoninated or anonymised,:
JAoGtSs.png

Settings are 2000/8 rounds. Balances are 1900ish total and 700ish DS's to 8/9 rounds. Tried restarting/resetting/try mixing, it just wont budge: "Last successful darksend was too recent"

Last edited by a moderator:
Flare's compilations on page 12 work, the error has disappeared. The dual core hits 90% on both, I set -1 in the threads and now it updates

Flare's compilations on page 12 work for my Win 7 64 bit, the error has disappeared. The old dual core hits 90% on both with update, I set -1 in theverification threads and now it updates with a 60% and 40% ratio and is fine.

Anybody want to hit me with some tDRK, I am saving up for a new coat for winter.
y46gBd2658iw8kVa4xLmdffgU8DC73iRCB
2000 tDRK sent: http://test.explorer.darkcoin.fr/t/5PQ1Uf94m7

I got my windows-qt client working. I had to delete my old wallet.dat and use a new wallet, this seems to have solved the client hanging errors. The wallet was from an older v16 client. Maybe I missed a line somewhere telling me to upgrade my wallet? So I created a new wallet, let the client finish syncing, then tried to load my old wallet to recover the tDRK from the old wallet. When I try to send from my old wallet to new wallet I get a fatal error and client crashes.

How can I recover the tDRK from the old wallet? Will this happen to everyone who upgrades?!?

View attachment 742
View attachment 743
I had a similar case. During testing v.17 we had one or two versions that was very bloated. I had over 5000 tDRK that I could not send away back to the faucet, also Testnet was having some problem and it was pretty dead. So I saved the tdrk to get them later. Yesterday I was able to use v.11 client to send away 3000 tdrk but the rest I had to throw away because by then it kept saying something like "This could be a copied wallet of which the money might have been spent somewhere else..", then the darkcoin-qt froze and crashed. I tried several times but couldn't get the rest of the tDRK, just had to delete it.

This is why we have testnet. You can throw the fake DRK away. :)

issue 1 : locked input amounts (specially larger input amounts like your 810 amount) looks to be bug related
Edit : on second thought your 810 input amount could just be set apart, ment not to mix .. wallet maybe specifically locking it for that reason. (doesnt make sense looking at yr balance and amount to mix)
issue 2 : wallet denominate more then set rounds (you set for 3 and it reaches higher rounds) : bug
issue 3 : a whole lot less darksend balance then set amount : directly the result from locked input amounts i suspect : bug
issue 4 : with encrypted wallet on mainnet you can darksend mix with option ''for anonymization only'' set, i havent encrypted my wallet 0.11.0.x yet here on Testnet but i suspect you can do the same... i'm not sure if that totally satisfies yr security need though.
answer to yr last question : with latest wallet version 0.11.0.x new test addresses have been put into use.

Ok, I just closed my client and reopened it. Now it says it's 63% complete, and the locks are off. Maybe there was a simple hiccup, and there is no real problem? I should have thought to do that yesterday, but I'm in n out so much, my mind is chopped up when I stop in here, LOL.

Thanks for the idea. No block source available with v16 testnet, I guess nobody is running that client any more.

This is not a problem for me personally it is only tDRK, but it does raise a big red flag IMO. Thing is, my v1016 wallet still worked with my v1017 clients, I did notice some CPU pegging when creating transactions, but the same wallet has stopped working with the v1100 client. Seems like others may face the same problem as I have; if this was mainnet and real DRK it would be a severe problem not just a nuisance!!!

Could this be from when we had to start over again due to block chain corruption? The older testnet blockchain wouldn't be compatible anymore, no?

I still can't install the OSX version of the 11.03 binary on Mac OS 10.7.5. Is this expected at this point?

Anyone know what else needs to be updated for p2pool to work on 11.03?

Does the block explorer code need new code to support the different address prefix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back