Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

v0.11.0.x Core Testing

Discussion in 'Testing' started by eduffield, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moli

moli Grizzled Member

Are you running multiple wallets from the same computer? My understanding is Evan changed how DS works, like if A pairs with B at the first round, A can't pair with B again until much later or not at all. So on Testnet it takes 2 participants at each round but not the same 2 participants on every round. Also, your pairing has to be at a different masternode each time, or not too recent, this is why DS can take a long time. (And I hope DS works like this or even more complex, because if pairing is so easy and frequent with same participants. it's not going to accomplish anonymity and the code needs to be revised, imho.)

I can be wrong and hope someone else who knows better can help us to understand better.

2. coingun

coingun Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

3. moli

moli Grizzled Member

4. kimbeerly

kimbeerly New Member

testnet drk XjTrfLS7NPDQT7udocHBFefr4vfu4joSVX
    I love to break stuff

5. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

please delete your peers.dat and try again. your client should never get stuck at 0 connections as it cointains seednodes. if this happens again, could you share the debug log?

6. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

jira is down for me, could you share details?

7. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

the screenshot says 64 bit.

please dont put 2 MH on testnet! dont use more than 100kh. this kills our testing mechanisms. we dont need a race for hashrate on testnet.

8. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

9. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

where do all these conflicted transactions come from? does anyone else see this? v11.0.4

[​IMG]

10. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

Roadmap
    for release of v11 eduffield flare UdjinM6 freynder
    • darksend balance is not accurate. reproduce: if you try to exactly spend your available anonymous balance, it always throws an error message: not enough denominated funds.
    • unchecking and checking the darksend box on send page resets darksend available funds to 0. (Jira-140, Jira-145, Testing-368, Testing-406)
    • darksend denominations do not stop at the set limit (e.g. 2000 DRK), it continuosly denominates all available coins. (which is good in my opinion, darksend is very stable recently and we should turn on denominations by default and allow all users to denominate all available coins. maybe we could provide a commandline flag -darksend=0 which disables auto-denominations or -darksendlimit=-1 which sets the denomination amount to unlimited) (Testing-385)
    • the darksend ui features have several typos and for instance do not use darkcoin units but a hardcoded "DRK" string. this needs some fine tuning. (Testing-398, Testing-399, Testing-400, Testing-401, Testing-403)
    • another major issue is client performance during scanning the blockchain for darksend transactions. the qt wallet freezes during this process. we really need to put these actions into a seperate thread! it's not releasable, we need to deliver a responsive qt wallet at any time. (Testing-337, Testing-432)
    • the darksend progress bar is confusing. maybe improve the label what is 100%, which progress? or simplify it to anon-coins/total-coins. (Testing-415)
    • the unlock for anonymization is bugged, it does not reset correctly and shows empty warning messages while sending coins. (Testing-326, Testing-384, Testing-369, Testing-408)
    • the wallet miner still does not work on some systems (reported win32). (Jira-144)
    • a bug in masternode configuration allows to get paid without having 1000 drk (i suspect the masternode=1 flag in config is causing trouble). (Jira-146)
    • mac wallet is unusable (not build correctly, doesnt install). (Testing-322, Testing-413)
    • miner crashs the wallet while rescanning/reindexing. (Github-89)
    • conflicted transactions spam the transaction view. (Testing-336, Testing-355, Testing-429)
    • we need automated testing scripts. (Testing-342)
    • darksend status enabled/disabled ui issue. (Testing-353, Jira-143)
    Anything missing?

eduffield we should not release without having at least fixed the two major highlighted issues.

#430 vertoe, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 12
  11. Sub-Ether

Sub-Ether Well-known Member

This is NOT a TESTNET address but a real darkcoin address do NOT send here.

12. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

the syncing of this new update on windows 32bit seems different than previous updates, if you have enough connections to sync from start
    you often see the following :

- out of sync for lets say 8 hours
    - sync icon not moving around so it visually appears not to be syncing yet
    - after a minute or so its suddenly totally synced .. going from out of sync 8 hrs to totally synced.
    - i'm not seeing a countdown from 8 hrs to 0 hrs and i dont think i saw the sync icon ever move during sync.

also in the time between out of sync and wallet having total sync the GUI wallet on windows 32 is very unresponsive,
    the window of the wallet has a lot of drag if you try to move it around and also trying to get to the options of the wallet
    gives you a lot of lag. Basicly this means waiting till wallet is totally in sync before doing anything with the wallet.

I checked this period of heavy drag with my taskmanager and with a core temp program, no heavy CPU use (and all
    nicely spread out of multiple cores on my quad core cpu) and no abnormal RAM use or network use or disk use.
    The lag seems to be coming from the wallet itself.

edit 1: also i would really really really really really like some stable addnodes to put in my darkcoin.conf

edit 2: for one of my wallets i deleted the whole blockchain, wallet, peers.dat .. everything.
    During sync there was no lag and sync icon was showing sync movement.

edit 3 : did a total delete and resync for all my wallets, seems to have fixed the lagging of the wallets during sync (i need to check this tomorrow .. when its syncing again for a number of hours / night). i did noticed that all my debug.logs were of 26 MB before i decided to start with a new blockchain & wallet for all my wallets. Perhaps that was creating a lot of lag. Unfortunetely i dont have those debug.logs anymore to see what got them so large.

#432 qwizzie, Jan 10, 2015
  13. AjM

AjM Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Nice and clear color coded todo list, i like it!

14. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

two posts up, point five (red).

• Like Like x 1
  15. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

• Like Like x 1
  16. thelonecrouton

thelonecrouton Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Yep, I got rid of mine with -zapwallettxes, but I have no idea why they were there in the first place.

17. thelazier

thelazier Active Member

Dash Address:
    Xreiza1qGJMT5BpW6BDtRJqwtcBSxGwWYN
    Found about 20 masternodes on Mainnet using 0.11.0.4 already , Is this ok for the darkcoin? how about jira-146 issue?

18. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

Aside from being left in the dark, and appropriately so, about some changes to function and features, it's working fine... Was a bit confusing to deal with the "undocumented new stuff" but it isn't officially released, so what kinda docs would there be?

MNs auto-start and 30 minute ping. Don't let that "feature" fool you... The only reason I find for even sshing to a node is that the daemon has poofed with no trace of why...

It crashed:
    ssh [email protected] "~/.darkcoin/darkcoind"

Update:
    ssh [email protected] "~/.darkcoin/darkcoind-cli stop"
    ssh [email protected] "rm ~/.darkcoin/darkcoind"
    ssh [email protected] "scp -C [email protected]:~/.darkcoin/darkcoind ~/.darkcoin/"
    ssh [email protected] "scp -C [email protected]:~/.darkcoin/darkcoin-cli ~/.darkcoin/"
    ssh [email protected] "~/.darkcoin/darkcoind"

Optionally after both:
    ssh -t [email protected] "top -d 1"

After either of those, everything else is done from the "local" wallet which consists of nothing more than:

masternode start-alias [alias]

OR

[lazymode]
    masternode start-many
    [/lazymode]

Now that idiot-proofing seems to be in effect, lazy admin can be lazy...

Or if a handfull of them poofed, just skip figuring out the alias/ip correlation and hit start-many. Success reporting/feedback when the command is issued needs some updating, but that's just window dressing. The meat and potatoes are working. Issuing the start-many or start-alias commands repeatedly doesn't result in repeat announce or listing anymore, so being lazy is not harmful.

[if you have 25 MNs, 4 of them crashed and you restarted the daemons as above, issuing start-many as a catch-all is just fine and doesn't do anything bad now, BUT, it will tell you that it successfully started 25 masternodes even though 21 were already running and it in fact did not start 25 masternodes, but only 4 announcements were amde. This can be verified by sitting on your thumbs for about 30 seconds and then checking the masternode list | grep foo; no duplicates in the list! Bewbs!. You can also stare at your tail -f debug.log as you do it and see that it doesn't actually broadcast all 25.]

Does it get any easier than that?

[-C is compress. It saves pipe, but also accelereates transfer. Matters when you have 0.768Mbps ADSL uplink...]

I find no other reason to even touch the nodes...

Start-many is now the hot sex. When nodes mystery poof, it's easy to put them back. Managing dozens of nodes is now a breeze. Multi-announce idiot proofing seems to be in full-effect. Expect to see more. Working on finding out why they mystery poof in the first place... gdb seems to stabilize the client, so that makes it hard, lol. Use gdb, nothing crashes. Stop using gdb, they go back to crashing... Cute.

I expect there will be a few more tics of the end version number. I doubt Evan would have made the above statement if it were harmful.

A few notes...

If you are running a 0.11.0.4 qt locally, and a 0.10.whatever remotely, you still have to tell the remotes to "masternode start" - supposedly you don't have to do this, but I've found through actually using it that, yes, you do.

If your "remote" is 0.11.0.4 (or probbaly greater as this is likely to be a feature that is kept from now on), it will autoping at 30min intervals with no need to tell it to "masternode start"

Found this bit out the hard way... But it's hot and sexy.

#438 camosoul, Jan 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Propulsion

Propulsion The buck stops here.

Dash Address:
    XerHCGryyfZttUc6mnuRY3FNJzU1Jm9u5L
    Just did this. Love it.

20. moli

moli Grizzled Member

I don't think v.11.0.4 is officially released yet. If we use it on Mainnet, use it at our own risk. I think there's still so many things to be fixed.

21. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

DO NOT* USE V11 ON MAIN NET UNTIL OFFICIAL RELEASE NOTES**.

*) or: at own risk
    **) evan's post wasnt an official release comment.

22. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

"Works on mainnet" and "Everybody start doing it" are not the same thing, did not mean to imply that it was...

The real test is shifting from testnet to mainnet, always is... I volunteered to be "that guy" as usual... Doesn't mean everyone else should start doing it.

If you used a 'guide' to set up your masternode(s) and you really have no idea how to even linux or how MNs actually work, DO NOT DO IT.

• Like Like x 1
  23. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

24. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

There's only 3 posts on this page... You saying it's not an official release, then trying to troll me for not considering release notes on a non-release that is in testing/progress and may or may not actually do any of that stuff, which the first post, by you, emphasizes is not released... Did you really forget that quickly, or are you just looking for a fight?

[rolls eyes]

That's the only thing you saw in that whole post?

[rolls eyes]

When it becomes a changelog that shows us the wish list that actually made it into the actual RELEASE that doesn't exist yet, then you'll have a point.

This is why I have more important things to do...

[​IMG]

Time to make buttloads of guns and make losers mad. Oh, wait...

#444 camosoul, Jan 10, 2015
  25. Sub-Ether

Sub-Ether Well-known Member

Vertoe, thats a fine set of realise notes you have, bug quashing to the extreme :D

''What is a bug quash? An event where the community comes together with one goal in mind… To quash as many bugs in one day as humanly possible. Don’t just complain, do something about it.''
    --Flex developers--

• Like Like x 1
  26. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

i am not trolling anyone here,
    i didnt notice evan is already recommending v11 on main net over at bitcointalk.

well, have fun :what:

• Like Like x 3
  27. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

Not all/necessarrily directed at vertoe.

Evan said it. I'm testing it. Nobody said "Everyone, grab 0.11 and throw it on mainnet!" least of all me. I'm testing it on mainnet, because I have huge clanking balls. I test so you don't have to.

Am I lying?

Does it say "Hey everybody, Evan here, everybody update to V0.11 on mainnet?" I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that, and neither did anyone else. Certainly not I.

If you understand what you're doing well enough to sack up, then get in gear and join the REAL testing party. Testnet only gets you so far. You really don't know anything about how it's going to work until you put it in a real, non-sterile environment. Evan said it works, so I sacked up to see how well...

I just barely have what it takes. If you don't, then don't do it. Those who can, must.

Discouraging testing in the testing thread seems kinda not what testing is about... If you'd rather just stand back and let other people do the testing, then do that...

It looks like I'm not alone. I see more nodes than mine on 0.11.0.4 - some were there before mine... If you don't want to test, then don't...

I haven't touched mixing/denomination/darksend... Since November, not a single client I've run on mainnet has denominated even one duff. I don't bother sitting there staring at it anymore. If someone wants to see if 0.11.0.4 does any denom on mainnet, do so at your own risk, but know I'm not doing it... People still report that denom past 8 is a living bug on testnet.... Who knows the consequences... I kinda doubt it'll denom any better considering the hangup isn't addressed...

It may be pre-mixed, but it's still an on-demand mixing function dependent upon other submitting their DRKs, and that's not happening... You need MNs to denom, but you also need coins... My idea for solving this has already gone to the only person on this project that matters in regard to that topic. I won't mention it here because it'll only draw more trolls...

Bye!

28. eduffield

eduffield Core Developer

Yeah, it's not officially released yet. I think everyone got confused because there's someone running a few masternodes on v11.

• Like Like x 2
  29. elbereth

elbereth Active Member
    Dash Support Group

Dash Address:
    XkfkHqMnhvQovo7kXQjvnNiFnQhRNZYCsz
    As far as I could see, mn payments does not work on v11... There was not a single mn payment on testnet since v11 started.

30. eduffield

eduffield Core Developer

Thanks for this! I was in the process of compiling this list also. I'll definitely get the red/yellow ones on Monday.

There is a segfault that I'm not sure what's causing though. I'll check into that too. I ran 8 clients over night and 3 crashed, so that's very important.

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.