• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe right now for convenience, depending on how many round we choose, we stick with the same peers.
There is far less people testing than what mainnet would constitute so it makes sense that you are often times getting paired with the same people round after round. It should still be randomized though (just lacking right now during testing since it isn't representative of the end-user base of mainnet).

Isn't this the way it already is?

That's what I thought.

I wasn't 100% sure why Kristov raised it with such a high priority, because of the randomness principle I thought was in the system already. It just needs a large pool of users.

That's what I thought.

I wasn't 100% sure why Kristov raised it with such a high priority, because of the randomness principle I thought was in the system already. It just needs a large pool of users.

Kristov was clear to say that he was observing testnet and not mainnet. Odd that he didn't highlight this partial mitigation.

I'm going to put this in here because it's related to what we've been testing.... Kristov was on Freenode channel #darkcoin-test last night... I got to talk to him a little bit, and said to him that what i've been wondering about is exactly what's described under "Lonely Denomination Weakness".

Then I asked "how does DS check compatibility? like if A has all these 12 denominations, but B needs 13 denoms, then one of B's denom will not be anonymized? or B's wallet will just hang in limbo, waiting for C to come along with that denom to match?" - Here's his answer:
"each darksend peer knows how many and which denominations it will create in the next round, and broadcast that to other possible peers to make sure everyone is "compatible", "lonely" meaning that if I'm going to output 1 or more denominations of 50 DRK, for example, I will only peer with other people looking to create 1 or more denominations of 50 DRK"

I think we can ask him questions and hopefully he will help us with answers on the thread he created: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/pa...ckchain-privacy-via-darksend.2315/#post-20233 .

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, just got back from work and noticed this is the second time (also found this out with previous update) that large input amounts (4096, 2048, 1024) are not getting split up !!

Edit : and i received a lot of payments to myself without further denominations

7lyMM0L.jpg

okay, just got back from work and noticed this is the second time (also found this out with previous update) that large input amounts (4096, 2048, 1024) are not getting split up !!

Edit : and i received a lot of payments to myself without further denominations
Yes, I think there's some issue with splitting up and pairing large amounts. Please post on JIRA for us. Thanks.

its already raised there but does not seem to be getting much attention : http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-74

Have sent an email to Evan with debug.log and wallet.
I also attempted to denominate large amounts. 1000 / 8 rounds, 5,000/8 rounds, 10,000/8 rounds, 15,000/8 rounds. They all got to various levels of complete but none of them actually finished. Might just be taking time though cause it's a lot of coins to anon.

For 1900 DRK / 8 rounds, i have 1998.00000024 DRK Anonymized, completion tel 98%

I think this is because the amount 1900DRK works as a threshold and it really means Not less than 1900 DRK, so the system will automatically target a number that is above 1900DRK and that suits the algorithm, so you are at 98% of whatever the target number the system picked is, it is not perfect but pretty damn good for what it is. This is just my interpretation without actually knowing exactly how it works internally.

May i ask what kind of attention you are expecting? The ticket was created yesterday with Evan giving feedback short after... What SLA did we miss for you?

i ment that i had a bit of trouble locating this high prio ticket in the activity stream on JIRA and once i located it i found out that Evan was waiting
for a reply back that was in my opinion taking a bit long. So i mentioned it on darkcointalk to get the issue going again.
Then two hours ago TaoOfSatoshi made a post asking ppl to submit what i just did .. providing Evan with wallet and debug.log files when ppl experience these large input amounts not splitting / pairing problem..

I will try it again with a new wallet .. seeing Tao got it working in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back