Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

RC4 Launch

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by eduffield, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonnieDRR

LonnieDRR Member

Well i give up.
    Set to 500 coins through 2 rounds, and after having the wallet open for 7 hours i still only have 3.00000003 coins anonymized. Getting charged transaction fees and not getting any more coins anonymized.
    Just says Darksend status (1/2 entries), waiting for more entries (1/2) and then it goes to Darksend status idle.
    Turning Darksend off now to stop the fees from racking up.
    Very frustrating.

2. LonnieDRR

LonnieDRR Member

did a backup. deleted my wallet and everything. installed fresh .31 wallet and downloaded block chain. Installed backup. Now it works. Weird. Glad its finally working though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stonehedge

stonehedge Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Never, ever give up :) Glad its working for you now.

4. aadje93

aadje93 New Member

I still have 27 drk (of about 56) unconfirmed. tryed everything. I am on .31 now but still its not confirming. And i cant find the tx in my log :eek:

Now i tryed denonimizing with 2 rounds again (as somehow somebody made it on 8 rounds and the good talk on .31) its doing payments of 0,001 again. But i have to wait till the 27 coin show up as confirmed again i guess :(

Edit,

Deleted whole blockchain, redownloaded. Didnt work. Then is started with -salvagewallet and it worked. Its in the wallet as non-annonimized. Now its anonimyzed correctly on .31 :)

sucks to see the price falling :(. to all ppl that say invest after a RC bla bla, its only been going down after each new RC.....

#274 aadje93, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  5. flipme

flipme New Member

Don't know what its doing, but nothings changed.
    It never finishes synching, was almost up to the actual height, but then started again at about 300 blocks earlier.

I'll remove the index now and start it again.

6. darkstrike420

darkstrike420 Active Member

Wait until DarkSend is open-source. This is the perfect time to invest now.

I bought at price of $12. I am still not letting my DRK go.

7. aadje93

aadje93 New Member

Perfect lol, you lost like 2/3rd of your invest in drk. I'm not going away from dark, the low noise/heat in my bedroom is very nice. But what i'm saying is, it may be a little bubblecoin if you know what i mean till darksend is realy fully functional and no bugs on deployment. I dont get it why all of this buigs pop up when we got -testnet function o.o

BTW, it doesnt want to do a second denominating transaction, it has done 27drk now, but the other ~25 drk is not being anonymized.

8. darkstrike420

darkstrike420 Active Member

I don't even use the RC versions. I am waiting for a stable & open-source release. I don't trust closed-source software.

• Like Like x 1
  9. moli

moli Grizzled Member

Evan's latest post on ANN thread:

"Hello Everyone,

If you're running a larger than normal wallet and set "Amount to anonymize" to a really high amount, the client will prioritize money that has not been denominated, in effect denominating the entire amount ONCE (this could look like the round > 1 bug, but it's not). No input will reach 2 rounds before that amount is met. When the client detects you've reached the threshold you set, it will then start denominating round 2, then 3, etc.

From the looks of the thread all issues users are experiencing are not bugs at this point, just a misunderstanding of how Darksend works. All major bugs have been resolved and I'm going to move on to RC5 and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan"

• Like Like x 5
  10. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

+1 Only using the RC clients on testnet tbh.

11. acidburn

acidburn Active Member

Can we get some nice hype going on for RC5?

• Like Like x 1
  12. flipme

flipme New Member

Well, I gave up and killed it, after about 6 hours running at 100%.
    The synching got very slow after about block 60.000.
    It took about an hour to get there, and processed only about 15.000 blocks in the remaining five hours.

I'm back to 9.12.31 and it runs like it should.

• Like Like x 1
  13. UdjinM6

UdjinM6 Official Dash Dev
    Dash Core Team Moderator

Why we didn't push the big red enforce button?
    https://drk.mn/blocks.html#blocksdetail
    There was a time when almost every block was mined by RC4 pools and now we are mostly back on RC3...
    I thought the only reason not to enforce was "wait, RC4 is coming and we are good to go" and now when?

EDIT: can we at least test it in testnet?

14. flare

flare Administrator
    Dash Core Team Moderator

I have reproduced this on Windows 8 (RC4 client slow blockchain sync, high CPU load - 0.9.12.31 client works like charm) and created a bug ticket for this.

--> http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-25

Thanks for reporting

15. LonnieDRR

LonnieDRR Member

As i figured, it looks like a bot on Cryptsey thats bringing the price down by manipulating its buy/sell orders etc. I can live with price manipulation because then we know the big whales are coming in to feast!

Time to buy more DRK!!!!!

16. stonehedge

stonehedge Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

By sheer coincidence I was talking to a stockbroker about this very practice earlier this evening (GMT+1)

17. LonnieDRR

LonnieDRR Member

A couple people mentioned on bitcoin talk forum this morning that they saw evidence of a BOT manipulating the price. I personally don't know how to spot this, but its on the dark coin thread over there.

18. acidburn

acidburn Active Member

Yeah? Good method to kill a coin if I'm honest. The low price makes investors scared, thus drives the price down even more to a point were they refuse to invest. Downward spiral if you ask me.

19. LonnieDRR

LonnieDRR Member

Looks to me like they are driving the price down for the purposes of greed. But yes i agree its going to start to scare some people for sure. Im going to ride this thing right to the bottom and see what happens. Im holding.

20. recan86

recan86 Member

Question. Sent a test to my wallet .31 and waited a day and it still shows my drk as non-anonymous. Did I do anything wrong here? Why isn't it letting me use my Drk as anonymous?

21. moli

moli Grizzled Member

Is it the wallet version with Darksend? Have you checked to see if Darksend is not disabled?

22. recan86

recan86 Member

Yup checked Disable Darksend. This should mean that it is enabled correct? Maxed out Drks to ananomize. Is there a typical waiting period?

23. moli

moli Grizzled Member

That's the tricky thing. I'm not sure how long each wallet has to wait. You can ask on the RC4 Bugs thread for any problem you might have with the wallet.

24. recan86

recan86 Member

Well it is on a Macbook. Maybe that was my first mistake. Anyone able to post "how to" video for mac? It would be much appreciated.

Edit:

User error is probably to blame but in case its not ...I just want to be sure I'm doing it correct on my end.

25. Ryan Taylor

Ryan Taylor Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

When you check "Disable Darksend", it does just that... it disables it. You want to UNCHECK it (thus enabling Darksend).

26. LonnieDRR

LonnieDRR Member

agreed ^^
    If you check the box, no funds will be anonymized. Darksend will be turned off.

27. fandarig

fandarig New Member

I see a problem.

I did denominate coins, made a backup after it just in case.

Now i bought some more cheap coins transfered in in to the wallet where also the denominated coins have been.

When i put in the old backup all the coins that has been denominated are gone, only the transfered coins are there.

Im lucky i made a backup, if not this coins would be gone? But this is not noob proofed and people have to know if they use darksend they have to make a new backup afterwards?

Thought 500 sub addresses are possible before you need a backup? So after you use darksend a new real address(private key) is generated?

28. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

The addresses are generated on startup. So you need to backup all your wallets again after the RC4 launch.

29. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

Lol, no. A bot who is margin trading and doing both buying and selling is doing nothing but one thing to the price: nothing.

30. fandarig

fandarig New Member

Doesnt make sense. It was a old wallet backup. It must work when you start RC4... it did work. It generated a new address in addition after i was using darksend+. Wallets are always backwards compatible. You miss the point. I was using probably 50 different coin wallets that are based on bitcoin and never saw this bahavior. So darksend must be exceeding 100 transactions and generating a new private key in the wallet? I did 8 rounds...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.