• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC4 issues, bugs & feature requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that new updates in darkcointalk should be by a verified darkcoin developer (it would be ideal if Evan posted new updates himself but I can understand if he is busy). If any registered user is allowed to copy Evan's update from bitcointalk and post it in here, then it might encourage a malicious user to add a phishing or virus link and post it in darkcointalk as Evan's original post at bitcointalk.

I totally agree. Hopefully we'll see a new darkcointalk thread set up only for Evan's posts today.

I second that. eduffield on darkcointalk so many users are following your work and helping you testing and debugging and supporting the bigger thing. Why are you stopping to post updates here?

In addition, following the ANN-thread on bitcointalk is a fulltime job. Could you maybe create a locked thread in here where you only post development updates and release notes, without any discussion allowed?
I second that as well - we'll need to establish a clear structure of communication channels. Personally i am done with following BCT thread - to much trolling.

For my take all announcements should be placed exclusivly on darkcoin.io/news - people interested in darkcoin will follow website/status plus RSS feed.

There is no benefit in maintaining several threads in several forums.

My two duffs,
Holger

a lot of ppl find the BCK addictive / or are used to it. We could open up a locked thread on BCK and get the official developers updates up there.
Right now Darkcoin's BCK is the most read altcoin ANN, lets not underestimate its importance with regards to informing new ppl about darkcoin.

a lot of ppl find the BCK addictive / or are used to it. We could open up a locked thread on BCK and get the official developers updates up there.
Right now Darkcoin's BCK is the most read altcoin ANN, lets not underestimate its importance with regards to informing new ppl about darkcoin.
No. It's the most spammed ANN. If you write and update in that thread it is invisible after 10 minutes.

No. It's the most spammed ANN. If you write and update in that thread it is invisible after 10 minutes.
correct, thats why i'm asking for a closed thread on BCT that will only contain developers updates and roadplans. Ppl who are used to the ANN thread will find it
more easy to switch to the closed BCT thread to look up important information.
They dont need to switch forum then...

correct, thats why i'm asking for a closed thread on BCT that will only contain developers updates and roadplans. Ppl who are used to the ANN thread will find it
Problem with a closed thread is that it will to move page 10+ between the updates - as it as not a sticky thread.

In my opinion, Darkcointalk should be the main thread for the devs to post, then their assistants and supporters can relay the posts to anywhere else they want. But this thread should be the home of Darkcoin and every important message should be posted here first, then whatever comments, trolling... can go anywhere else.

I have a wallet with 0 DRK balance that is getting masternode payments. The payments are coming from two of my masternode wallets, but this wallet shows them as "Mined" payments. The masternode keys were not imported into this wallet.

On thursday I had sent coins from the masternode wallets to this wallet and then used darksend. I think it may have somehow caused my masternode payments to now go to the wrong wallet.

mined.jpg

What if I send my masternode payment coins to somebody else, and then somehow their wallet starts getting all my MN payments? That would be very bad...

I have a wallet with 0 DRK balance that is getting masternode payments. The payments are coming from two of my masternode wallets, but this wallet shows them as "Mined" payments. The masternode keys were not imported into this wallet.

On thursday I had sent coins from the masternode wallets to this wallet and then used darksend. I think it may have somehow caused my masternode payments to now go to the wrong wallet.

mined.jpg

What if I send my masternode payment coins to somebody else, and then somehow their wallet starts getting all my MN payments? That would be very bad...
Thanks for the report, we are already investigating this --> http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-24

repost from BCT:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8388501#msg8388501
Within seconds of pulling the check mark off of "disable darksend" I get payment to self. Then nothing... Set to 100/8. Logs are useless. There's nothing in them except the usual comm traffic, blocks popping, non-updated MNs getting rejected... No DS noise at all.

Other wallet denomed 100/8 really fast. It only has 100 in it.

The only difference is that one wallet is 1% the size of the other. Both are set to denom only 100 at 8 rounds.

Meh, my traceroute is back to being re-routed through northern virginia again...

Coin control shows it's still breaking up into 900 chunks even thought it's set to 100/8.

reproduced same behaviour in testnet with ~12K tDRKs...
created an issue in Jira http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-28

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum... I hope it's the right place to post this. Feel free to tell me to post this elsewhere, or maybe a mod can move it.

I'm having a slight issue with setting up a masternode on testnet (to test things out before setting up my masternode on mainnet). I have followed the guide by weirdgod (DRK GUIDE RC3 MASTERNODE) and have set up a remote server with VULTR. I assume the steps are the same for RC4?
My problem is with the very last step. After doing walletpassphrase "PASSWORD" 60, I finally type masternode start "PASSWORD", but then my darkcoin console freezes and Windows tells me "darkcoin-qt.exe has stopped working".

When I look in the debug.log the very last lines are:
2014-08-16 22:28:53 new darksend queue object - 91.121.219.246:19999
2014-08-16 22:29:11 NotifyKeyStoreStatusChanged
2014-08-16 22:29:20 CDarkSendPool::RegisterAsMasterNode() - Invalid portsocket recv error 10038
2014-08-16 22:29:20 trying connection 23.23.186.131:19999 lastseen=15141.5days
2014-08-16 22:29:20 trying connection 81.171.98.153:19999 lastseen=0.2days
2014-08-16 22:29:20 EnvShutdown exception: Invalid argument (22)

Does this tell you guys anything? I'm guessing the smoking gun is the RegisterAsMasterNode() line. What kind of issue is this pointing to?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum... I hope it's the right place to post this. Feel free to tell me to post this elsewhere, or maybe a mod can move it.

I'm having a slight issue with setting up a masternode on testnet (to test things out before setting up my masternode on mainnet). I have followed the guide by weirdgod (DRK GUIDE RC3 MASTERNODE) and have set up a remote server with VULTR. I assume the steps are the same for RC4?
My problem is with the very last step. After doing walletpassphrase "PASSWORD" 60, I finally type masternode start "PASSWORD", but then my darkcoin console freezes and Windows tells me "darkcoin-qt.exe has stopped working".

When I look in the debug.log the very last lines are:
2014-08-16 22:28:53 new darksend queue object - 91.121.219.246:19999
2014-08-16 22:29:11 NotifyKeyStoreStatusChanged
2014-08-16 22:29:20 CDarkSendPool::RegisterAsMasterNode() - Invalid portsocket recv error 10038
2014-08-16 22:29:20 trying connection 23.23.186.131:19999 lastseen=15141.5days
2014-08-16 22:29:20 trying connection 81.171.98.153:19999 lastseen=0.2days
2014-08-16 22:29:20 EnvShutdown exception: Invalid argument (22)

Does this tell you guys anything? I'm guessing the smoking gun is the RegisterAsMasterNode() line. What kind of issue is this pointing to?

Thanks for any help you can give.
that looks like an issue itself but try to execute masternode start (without password) because wallet should be already unlocked after you run walletpassphrase command

Thanks for the suggestion UdjinM6. When typing masternode start without the password, the console still freezes, but the log gives a slightly different error:

2014-08-16 22:51:19 CDarkSendPool::RegisterAsMasterNode() - Invalid portEnvShutdown exception: Invalid argument (22)

Thanks for the suggestion UdjinM6. When typing masternode start without the password, the console still freezes, but the log gives a slightly different error:

2014-08-16 22:51:19 CDarkSendPool::RegisterAsMasterNode() - Invalid portEnvShutdown exception: Invalid argument (22)
Well, make sure you changed port to 19999 in every script/config there and that you have testnet=1 in both remote and local configs.
Have no windows here so can't help more, sorry. Also I think it's a good idea to ask in the original thread https://darkcointalk.org/threads/drk-guide-rc3-masternode-windows-local-linux-remote-vultr.1367/ :wink:

Ah doh! That's it. I completely overlooked the fact that testnet uses a different port! It's purring like a kitten now!

Thanks UdjinM6.

I'm sorry guys, I've been pretty busy, and when here, I've been trying to "fix" my windows box. I did all kinds of virus and malware scans, I did diagnostics, Everything on my machine works fine except darkcoin-qt. It's always freezing on me. It's seems to be working, but so slow to respond. Is anyone else having such issues. Last time I asked everyone said it was working fine on their windows boxes??? Thanks for any info :) I have a lot of catching up to do!

Ugh, and downloading the blockchain is at a snails pace! I don't know what's wrong. It doesn't do this on my Linux box??

Edit: OK, I'm a ding dong (well known actually) I didn't try deleting my chain, etc... in darkcoin file. I can't keep my head straight lately, LOL.

Anyway, I did so and it's downloading the blockchain pretty well so far, so I suspect all the problems will resolve when it finishes. Sorry once again.... :rolleyes::confused::cool::tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry guys, I've been pretty busy, and when here, I've been trying to "fix" my windows box. I did all kinds of virus and malware scans, I did diagnostics, Everything on my machine works fine except darkcoin-qt. It's always freezing on me. It's seems to be working, but so slow to respond. Is anyone else having such issues. Last time I asked everyone said it was working fine on their windows boxes??? Thanks for any info :) I have a lot of catching up to do!

Ugh, and downloading the blockchain is at a snails pace! I don't know what's wrong. It doesn't do this on my Linux box??
This is a known bug --> http://jira.darkcoin.qa/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/DRK-25

Use 0.9.12.31 to catch up with the blockchain and switch to 0.10.12.31 afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back