• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
New colors and fonts are cool, but has anyone thought about how to get the process of mixing and the concept of anonymous and non-anonymous coins easier to understand and use for the average joe yet?

That would be functional changes...what we're doing here are visual changes only.

New colors and fonts are cool, but has anyone thought about how to get the process of mixing and the concept of anonymous and non-anonymous coins easier to understand and use for the average joe yet?
Not sure how to get the concept of anonymous and non-anonymous coins to be easier to understand to the average joe or non-average joe, as it's already not that hard to understand. If someone doesn't have the basic understanding of or doesn't need privacy/anonymity, there's not much you can do.

Now the process of mixing... I think Evan is still working on something new as we're testing Masternode blinding. We will have more info from Evan, I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted a little something a while back: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/enhanced-darkcoin-wallet-ui.1705/page-15#post-28655

My UI skills are bad obviously, but just tried something with a bit different approach.

I like the idea you posted. I'd personally love to get the Darksend Balance to display in the same general location as Available / Pending / Total balances. There's unfortunately some structural issues at play that make this impossible at the present time, but perhaps in the future :cool:

Status update: almost finished, now testing and ironing out issues. ETA Monday evening / Tuesday morning.

If you can convince eduffield :grin: to test v0.11.2.x for 2 more days I'll be able to create a pull-request at Github so it could be part of the official testing.
Tested your PR - good work!!!
See my comments on github, I suggest painting the iconset too.

yes yes yes !! :grin:

work in progress dude, no harm done ... (with jamaican accent) "pull it to da hub, mon!" :cool: ... let us test it ASAP !

I remember people suggesting this early on in this project, and I really liked the idea, but it seems to have been lost along the way:

Put a quick send feature in the overview tab!

I remember that I instantly fell in love with this design:
Enzwell Here is an updated version with tooltip and input fields populated by start text.
prhc9do-jpg.218

Also I had some ideas regarding functionality and default wallet complexity back then:
The Overview area of the wallet needs to have as LITTLE information as possible. In this way I actually like the old QT.

I think that all the extra info should be put in their own tabs, which you can hide or unhide from the options menu.

I would really like a tab where you can enter public addresses you want to monitor. In this way I could click the monitoring tab and see all my masternode and paper wallet balances! This would be awesome!

Also import private key tab, maybe even with a way to scan your QR code with your webcam? Would be really easy to sweep paper wallets with QT then :)

I think that all extra-info tabs should default to hidden in order to make it easy for everyone to understand the fundamentals. Then more advanced users can enable the tabs they need in options.

Yeah. I was looking at rewriting the UI using Tdk and tk toolkit but that was only if the UI just received notifications from the deomon

crowning and snogcel are in the moment the only once trusted with the wallet !!
(no offence)

the wallet obviously (security) is Evans project , but as he is super busy I am very happy to have these 2 in the loop

for any rewriting UI and such
please keep talking to the 2 direct,
as for the moment all I know is the redesign and no rewriting of code (as that has to be double checked by Dev Team and such)

What would You say to add to wallet GUI scheduled payment options, for example:
repeat every [number] [days | months] transfer to [address] [amount] <+ add the next scheduled payment>

applications are huge:
dev donations
music artist donations
occasional events
charitable donations

option should include both the wallet GUI
the possibility like this was a nice topic for a newspaper article

For masternode something I wrote earlier :
https://dashtalk.org/threads/core-developer-contest-and-sponsor-program.4358/page-3#post-48088

• could it all together to have a cool name
  • this could dethrone Flattr in the future
  • and help fund further work on the DASH
  • strengthened community
  • helped in the adoption

excuse my english
I hope I was able to express thoughts... :)

What would You say to add to wallet GUI scheduled payment options, for example:
repeat every [number] [days | months] transfer to [address] [amount] <+ add the next scheduled payment>

I like the general idea, and it's actually not too hard to add calendar functions to the wallet.

But it's usability wise not really what you have in mind, because:
  1. the wallet needs to be running to trigger payments
  2. the wallet must be unlocked to send funds.

DarthFraktal crowning
Use any scheduler available on your platform, configure it for any schedule you prefer and paste a link
"dash:XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6?amount=1.23456789&label=Donation to UdjinM6"
When popup from scheduler appears just click the link (, wait for wallet to open up and sync if it's closed at that time) and hit Send :grin:

PS. Change link according to your needs, I guess it's pretty much straightforward.

PPS. forum wraps "dash:..." URIs to "https://dashtalk/dash:...." :(
DCT ?

EDIT: actual link is "dash:XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6?amount=1.23456789&label=Donation%20to%20UdjinM6" but my apple calendar is too smart for example :what::grin:

Yeah everybody remember to copy Udjin example EXACTLY so he gets alot of payments! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Just Kidding Udjin.

Actually since you brought this up, is there any docs for the whole run from the command line thing? I am sort of working on a payment module for osCommerce to accept DASH. I want to design it first and then hire some people to write it. I would need to create a payment address per order, etc....so looking for some NOOB docs on getting this layed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back