• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
crowning

Just asking, is there any chance to get totals to transactions tab, to below transactions table.
And row count would be nice too.

Example:
I want check last month masternode payments, i select last month and mined to see totals.
Or i just want check last month total income and sent out totals.

Total rows: 23 - Total in: 120.00 DASH - Total out: 87.56 DASH

As a first proof of concept I've implemented the totals for all selected transactions, see https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/329

It was quite tricky (at least for me) to get the information from the transaction list back to the main page, but during that process I've learned a lot about Qt-signals and all that stuff, so it was a nice exercise in Qt-programming :smile:

I will probably add more details one day, but for now this should be sufficient.

As a first proof of concept I've implemented the totals for all selected transactions, see https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/329

It was quite tricky (at least for me) to get the information from the transaction list back to the main page, but during that process I've learned a lot about Qt-signals and all that stuff, so it was a nice exercise in Qt-programming :smile:

I will probably add more details one day, but for now this should be sufficient.
Ok, thanks.
What is default, all selected?
Can you select different rows?
How about that selected rows count?
How this calculate if there is negative row included?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thanks.
1: What is default, all selected?
2: Can you select different rows?
3: How about that selected rows count?
4: How this calculate if there is negative row included?

1. Non selected. If you went there by clicking on a transaction on the 'Overview' tab this one will be selected.
  2. Yes. The way to do this depends on your OS of course. 'Shift' and 'Ctrl' keys are your friend.
  3. Not implemented.
  4. Positive rows are added, negative ones subtracted. You can see this on my screen shot over at Github: 100.001 - 1.01 + 2.00 = 100.991

1. Non selected. If you went there by clicking on a transaction on the 'Overview' tab this one will be selected.
  2. Yes. The way to do this depends on your OS of course. 'Shift' and 'Ctrl' keys are your friend.
  3. No implemented.
  4. Positive rows are added, negative ones subtracted. You can see this on my screen shot over at Github: 100.001 - 1.01 + 2.00 = 100.991
Ok, thanks.

crowning
Just checked elbereth's compiled v0.12.0 win32 wallet, and here is few things i noticed (if you have nothing to do :grin:):

Overview-> available and pending backround colors missing, theme is messed some how.
Transactions-> if selected row, selected amount is calculated ok, it should reset if you deselect or go to other tab.
Send->coin control->coin selection -> address and date columns are truncated and too narrow.
Tools->Wallet repair -> recover transactions 1 -> wallet crashed immediately, tested only this.

More to come when official testing begins.

I just saw on v0.12.0.0-30, because on this laptop the wallet started in spanish that "Recent Transaction" did not transalate on main screen.

crowning
Just checked elbereth's compiled v0.12.0 win32 wallet, and here is few things i noticed (if you have nothing to do :grin:):

Overview-> available and pending backround colors missing, theme is messed some how.
Transactions-> if selected row, selected amount is calculated ok, it should reset if you deselect or go to other tab.
Send->coin control->coin selection -> address and date columns are truncated and too narrow.

Thanks, those are known. Once public tests with v0.12.0.x start (means the code won't change much any more) snogcel will take care of this :grin:

Tools->Wallet repair -> recover transactions 1 -> wallet crashed immediately, tested only this.

This is new, I couldn't get it to crash so far, no matter how hard I tried :smile:

Are there spaces or unusual characters in the paths to the wallet and/or the data directory?

If you can reproduce this, I would like to know whether your 'normal' start parameters include "-conf", "-datadir=" or "-wallet=" and if possible a copy of the last 100 lines of debug.log (before the crash) via forum mail.

Reactions: AjM
Thanks, those are known. Once public tests with v0.12.0.x start (means the code won't change much any more) snogcel will take care of this :grin:

This is new, I couldn't get it to crash so far, no mater how hard I tried :smile:

Are there spaces or unusual characters in the paths to the wallet and/or the data directory?

If you can reproduce this, I would like to know whether your 'normal' start parameters include "-conf", "-datadir=" or "-wallet=" and if possible a copy of the last 100 lines of debug.log (before the crash) via forum mail.
Damn, tested again and no crash, any ways my shortcut parameters: -datadir=F:\Dash_testing -testnet
Note: this was next after started wallet, but earlier i had tested other wallet funcs before trying wallet repairing.

and if possible a copy of the last 100 lines of debug.log (before the crash) via forum mail.
Checked debug.log, found these, but nothing linked to crash.
Bed time, i am going to try more tommorrow.

2015-06-05 18:05:40 GUI: PaymentServer::LoadRootCAs : Loaded 17 root certificates
2015-06-05 18:05:41 GUI: QLabel(0xcaae170, name = "labelCoinControlChangeLabel") does not have a property named "padding"
2015-06-05 18:05:41 GUI: QLabel(0xcaae170, name = "labelCoinControlChangeLabel") does not have a property named "padding"

crowning
Windows 7 x64 system.

Wallet repair crashing feels totally random.
Tested all repair buttons 2 times and one crash, this time with 'upgrade wallet', after restart, no crash.

Note: Salvage wallet will create file wallet.timestamp.bak, but after wallet exit, file remains.
Note 2: blockchain loading is very fast, nice.

crowning
Windows 7 x64 system.

Wallet repair crashing feels totally random.
Tested all repair buttons 2 times and one crash, this time with 'upgrade wallet', after restart, no crash.

Note: Salvage wallet will create file wallet.timestamp.bak, but after wallet exit, file remains.
Note 2: blockchain loading is very fast, nice.

I'm on Win 7 64 as well, but normally use the 32 bit wallet because it's in general more stable than the 64 bit version.

I just literally restarted the 64 bit wallet around 100 times in a row when it failed to restart for one time, but according to debug.log it crashed at a state which has nothing to do with the restart function...everything was already perfectly initialized, so it would have most probably failed with a 'normal' start as well in this case. But I'll watch this issue...

BTW, the wallet.timestamp.bak file has nothing to do with my wallet backup function (which creates backups in the folder "backups"), this is a new Bitcoin feature (they finally implemented something NEW :wink:), and we inherited it for free. Let's call it Bitcoin-backup (compared to our own Dash-backup).
Bitcoin-backup works a bit different, can't hurt, but doesn't keep track of different wallet.dat names, so if you use different .dat files within the same .dash folder you have to find out yourself which backup belongs to which .dat file.

History shows you can NEVER have TOO much backups, so I'll leave Bitcoin-backup and Dash-backup both switched on for now. If someone runs out of disk-space he/she can still switch one of them (or both) off.

I'm on Win 7 64 as well, but normally use the 32 bit wallet because it's in general more stable than the 64 bit version.

I just literally restarted the 64 bit wallet around 100 times in a row when it failed to restart for one time, but according to debug.log it crashed at a state which has nothing to do with the restart function...everything was already perfectly initialized, so it would have most probably failed with a 'normal' start as well in this case. But I'll watch this issue...

BTW, the wallet.timestamp.bak file has nothing to do with my wallet backup function (which creates backups in the folder "backups"), this is a new Bitcoin feature (they finally implemented something NEW :wink:), and we inherited it for free. Let's call it Bitcoin-backup (compared to our own Dash-backup).
Bitcoin-backup works a bit different, can't hurt, but doesn't keep track of different wallet.dat names, so if you use different .dat files within the same .dash folder you have to find out yourself which back belongs to which .dat file.

History shows you can NEVER have TOO much backups, so I'll leave Bitcoin-backup and Dash-backup both switched on for now. If someone runs out of disk-space he/she can still switch one of them (or both) off.
Ok, lets get back with this issue when the official testing begins.
Edit: and me too always use 32 bit ver, there is no reason to use 64 bit.

Hi, there may be a small clipboard bug in v0.11.2.23 (or this may just be my misunderstanding).

To replicate:
Generate a new address in your wallet.
Make a payment from an existing address in your wallet to this new address, (payment to yourself)
Under transaction tab you will see N/A under address for this payment.
Right click on N/A and select copy address to copy it to your clipboard.

Try to paste address into notepad or wherever.. You will see that the address didn't copy.

I am not sure if it also affects v12.

Another minor issue, when you use coin control to select the inputs that you want to use in a transaction, when it comes to performing the transaction, after the password prompt, the software shows a warning message - are you sure you want to use any available funds - even though you have selected your specific inputs to use.

Hi, there may be a small clipboard bug in v0.11.2.23 (or this may just be my misunderstanding).

To replicate:
Generate a new address in your wallet.
Make a payment from an existing address in your wallet to this new address, (payment to yourself)
Under transaction tab you will see N/A under address for this payment.
Right click on N/A and select copy address to copy it to your clipboard.

Try to paste address into notepad or wherever.. You will see that the address didn't copy.

I am not sure if it also affects v12.

Another minor issue, when you use coin control to select the inputs that you want to use in a transaction, when it comes to performing the transaction, after the password prompt, the software shows a warning message - are you sure you want to use any available funds - even though you have selected your specific inputs to use.
Hi there :smile:

"n/a" - means that wallet was not able to identify a single address to associate with that transaction (if you have "change" there for example both addresses will be yours). And as a result wallet can't decide which address to display/copy. There are some situations when it's still possible but I believe it was made "n/a" for every "Sent to yourself" to keep things consistent.

What "any available funds" actually means is that you are using non-mixied funds so you should treat your transaction as "usual" / "bitcoin-like" transaction i.e. with privacy lower than you could get if you used only mixed funds instead. Yep, I agree, that could be a bit misleading/confusing when someone is using coin control. Ideas how to say it better are welcome :smile:

Hello! Is there any way we can put a name on Dash wallet GUI? For example, I'm running several Testnet wallets, and to find out which wallet is doing what, I have to go to "Show Automatic Backups" to find its name, like this:

upload_2015-6-21_12-29-27.png

So I'm wondering if there's a way for us to name our wallets right on the GUI? Something like this:

upload_2015-6-21_12-30-2.png

Also, there are a few minor things that need to be fixed for v.12 wallet:

upload_2015-6-21_12-33-55.png

If you click on "tDASH" at the bottom, a list box drops down to let you choose which unit to show on the wallet. It would be great if we could get that box to show properly all the way down to the "duffs" unit. THANK YOU!

upload_2015-6-21_12-39-26.png

Hello! Is there any way we can put a name on Dash wallet GUI? For example, I'm running several Testnet wallets, and to find out which wallet is doing what, I have to go to "Show Automatic Backups" to find its name, like this:

View attachment 1469

So I'm wondering if there's a way for us to name our wallets right on the GUI? Something like this:

View attachment 1470

Also, there are a few minor things that need to be fixed for v.12 wallet:

View attachment 1471

If you click on "tDASH" at the bottom, a list box drops down to let you choose which unit to show on the wallet. It would be great if we could get that box to show properly all the way down to the "duffs" unit. THANK YOU!

View attachment 1472
That wallet name is nice idea, and quite simple to make, i think.
v11.2 wallet have two decimals in the Amoun & Rounds, overview tab theme was messed in the v12, and needs to be fixed.
Also i think that Avalaible sum text needs to be darker blue, like that big Dash text.

Too funny, I also use the "Show Automatic Backups" browser to find out which wallet I'm using :wink:

I can have a look into this once I'm back from vacation in about one week.
Right now I prefer to have a closer look in this tasty cocktail with one of those tiny umbrellas in it next to me
smilebreit.gif

Too funny, I also use the "Show Automatic Backups" browser to find out which wallet I'm using :wink:

I can have a look into this once I'm back from vacation in about one week.
Right now I prefer to have a closer look in this tasty cocktail with one of those tiny umbrellas in it next to me
smilebreit.gif
LOL... Thanks, crowning , glad to hear you're having a good time..
The weather has been horrible where i am, so hot and summer hasn't even started, a nice, cold cocktail sounds really nice right now! :smile:

That wallet name is nice idea, and quite simple to make, i think.
v11.2 wallet have two decimals in the Amoun & Rounds, overview tab theme was messed in the v12, and needs to be fixed.
Also i think that Avalaible sum text needs to be darker blue, like that big Dash text.
In the "Amount and Rounds" section, actually we need all 8 decimals place holdings now because it can show the exact amount to be in the mixing. For instance, if I put in settings 1000/ 8 rounds, but I have less than 1000 DASH, it automatically adjusts the number for me, it's a quite nice change in v.12:

upload_2015-6-21_16-51-27.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back