• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Donating DASH from the budget to the Venezuelan people

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

yocko

Right now Venezuela is in a huge financial crisis with deflation worse than anywhere on earth!
Would it be wise to put dash in the hands of these people to actually have it begin being used as a currency? These people live off tiny amounts of money so the budget could make a real difference here.

This in my opinion would be doing a charity and at the same time getting DASH used for its exact reason for creation.

This in my opinion would be doing a charity and at the same time getting DASH used for its exact reason for creation.
Why would you conflate a seemingly "nice thing" with an attempt to re-define the reason why DASH exists?

This is fuckin' bizarre...

Throwing free money at people does not fix the systemic ideological failures which got them into the situation. All it'll do is buy a temporary hiatus, and then continue to a deeper low...

Pain is an excellent teacher. But, the selfish desire to shine a spotlight on yourself and pretend to be a hero, without thinking through the long-term effects; that it won't actually help, and that history shows us that it actually makes things worse for the next generation... Hardly compassionate.

I'm against this for the simple reason that it won't actually help anybody. It's jsut a publicity stunt at the expense of people who need something real; a mental adjustment.

The fact that it would make DASH look like a bunch of pandering opportunistic assholes is a side-effect I'd also like to avoid.

Venezuelan's are not without agency of their own. They are human being. Human being who have done some very stupid things for a very long time, and are now reaping the consequences. I wish there were something I could do. I really do. But, I'm not stupid. I know throwing money at them won't help. They are people. People who are perfectly capable of learning from their mistakes and fixing their own shit.

Why would you conflate a seemingly "nice thing" with an attempt to re-define the reason why DASH exists?

This is fuckin' bizarre...

Throwing free money at people does not fix the systemic ideological failures which got them into the situation. All it'll do is buy a temporary hiatus, and then continue to a deeper low...

Pain is an excellent teacher. But, the selfish desire to shine a spotlight on yourself and pretend to be a hero, without thinking through the long-term effects; that it won't actually help, and that history shows us that it actually makes things worse for the next generation... Hardly compassionate.

I'm against this for the simple reason that it won't actually help anybody. It's jsut a publicity stunt at the expense of people who need something real; a mental adjustment.

The fact that it would make DASH look like a bunch of pandering opportunistic assholes is a side-effect I'd also like to avoid.

Venezuelan's are not without agency of their own. They are human being. Human being who have done some very stupid things for a very long time, and are now reaping the consequences. I wish there were something I could do. I really do. But, I'm not stupid. I know throwing money at them won't help. They are people. People who are perfectly capable of learning from their mistakes and fixing their own shit.
Ok dick head, you clearly don't know what's going on there with their currency so you should just shut your rude mouth. Their government and currency is the problem, if they had DASH in circulation they would not have this problem. The trouble is they can lose 20% value of their money in a single week so nobody wants to exchange anything for their money. Giving them some would do wonders by giving them a tradable commodity.
Now for coming at me like that with the rudeness you have I hope I bump into you at a conference or somewhere down the track so we can have a good face to face chat like men without a screen.
I'm no hero and not calling myself one, there is a huge issue that DASH can help solve so why not act?

And what about the new generation of Venezuela?
Are they responsible too?
What kind of stupid things this girl did, and she deserves to drink water like that?

Giving people free money is never a good idea. It doesn't solve the problem in the long run, it teaches them nothing and usually makes the problems bigger.
Look at Africa and all the food and clothes donations that actually killed the local production, because nobody could compete with free.
I am all for making some local actions where people could earn Dash easily, but giving it away is just not a good idea.

Giving people free money is never a good idea. It doesn't solve the problem in the long run, it teaches them nothing and usually makes the problems bigger.

What are you talking about? The greedy dash generation of 2014-2016 received TONS of free money. Doesnt your rule apply to them???

I repeat it once again, for the barbarians and the born to be slaves to understand it.
Money is a social convention/contract and it should not be given freely to a single generation while the new generations struggle to earn it (thus being enslaved to the old generations).

Money has to be accepted and to be signed as a valid medium of exchange by all involved parties, both the old and the new ones. We are talking about free parties of course, not about masters and (by nature or by necessity) slaves .

Last edited:
Look at Africa and all the food and clothes donations that actually killed the local production, because nobody could compete with free.
I am all for making some local actions where people could earn Dash easily, but giving it away is just not a good idea.
I would agree normally but my point here is that the people of Venezuela have lost all the value in their money. They are legally not allowed to exchange out if it any any volume either. Think about it, their money has dropped over 2000% in the last year due to government printing. Now without getting on the agree outspoken dickhead camosoul bandwagon I think this should be discussed.
Maybe we exchange it for their money but don't do anything with their money? But getting crypto in use in this situation is what crypto was intended for!
This is good for these people because it gives them something of actual value to be traded for goods and service. This will cause a ripple effect of people using it and that'd great for DASH as a currency.

Believe me, I know what you are talking about. I lived in Yugoslavia during the hyperinflation of 1990s, when monthly inflation reached one million percent at one point.
But I still don't think any money should just be given away, because then who decides who gets that money?
In any dictatorial state, the ones in power usually end up with most of the humanitarian donations that are sent to the area.
We should make some sort of infrastructure where people could exchange Dash for goods or local currency (or preferably dollars) and then make a project where they can earn Dash directly.

I agree that giving money away can lead to incompetence.

But initial help can be a great help. So I think best action is to help initially with total necessity and

then help them earn dash by working.

By all means, then, help them do that.
I have no issue with it.
Just remember that any currency that is given out for free, loses it's value eventually.

So what is the proposal exactly?
Give Dash to who? Give Dash how?

You know what my proposal is , dont you?
Organize proof of individuality meetings.

In these meetings the attendees will receive as much Dash as the MNOs decide/vote (by voting the numbers). That way the Dash community guarantees a basic income to all new generations that (will) join Dash, and this basic income it will balance the unfair share of Dash coins that occured during the age 2014-2016. Thats how Dash will be transformed from a generation-specific coin, to a transgenerational coin.

Last edited:
One thing which could be done, leaving aside the question of giving out free Dash, is to give assistance to brick and mortar retail outlets in Venezuela in acquiring and setting up point of sale equipment for Dash. We could also have a media campaign there, talk about the benefits of deflationary Dash as opposed to their extremely inflationary currency, and of Dash as opposed to basically every other currency - instant, cheap transactions, optional private transactions, an unparalleled development team, etc.

In my real-life social circles I have long predicted that cryptos will eventually replace fiat currencies, as this or that national fiat economy fails, and the citizens spontaneously adopt cryptos in their place. The more this happens, the more it would legitimize the use of cryptos in the eyes of citizens of other nations, and this would be a sort of snowball effect regarding the adoption of cryptos. Dash would be an IDEAL currency for this, for the reasons I mentioned in the paragraph above. This would be a great opportunity for hyperinflationary fiat nations, and for the Dash Nation as well. We really should take advantage of this opportunity!

One thing which could be done, leaving aside the question of giving out free Dash, is to give assistance to brick and mortar retail outlets in Venezuela in acquiring and setting up point of sale equipment for Dash. We could also have a media campaign there, talk about the benefits of deflationary Dash as opposed to their extremely inflationary currency, and of Dash as opposed to basically every other currency - instant, cheap transactions, optional private transactions, an unparalleled development team, etc.

In my real-life social circles I have long predicted that cryptos will eventually replace fiat currencies, as this or that national fiat economy fails, and the citizens spontaneously adopt cryptos in their place. The more this happens, the more it would legitimize the use of cryptos in the eyes of citizens of other nations, and this would be a sort of snowball effect regarding the adoption of cryptos. Dash would be an IDEAL currency for this, for the reasons I mentioned in the paragraph above. This would be a great opportunity for hyperinflationary fiat nations, and for the Dash Nation as well. We really should take advantage of this opportunity!
I would support this 100%.
But we need someone on the ground to organize things. We have two active proposals linked to exchanges in Venezuela, maybe we could expand on that.

Yep, I agree here as well, if giving money is not the answer even though I believe at the start it will help infrastructure for dash payments and education about it are a great start.
It would not take long and we could get the entire country using DASH instead of them buying the Black Market Dollars they are having to buy.
DASH can make huge changes here and at the same time get DASH being used as a day to day currency.
If anyone has any ideas on ways we can achieve DASH ending up in the hands of the Venezuelan people and being used as a median of exchange lets list them so we can assess how this can best happen.

If anyone has any ideas on ways we can achieve DASH ending up in the hands of the Venezuelan people and being used as a median of exchange lets list them so we can assess how this can best happen.

No. Thats wrong. You should build a new cryptocurrency for your People. and encourage them to use it as their medium of exchange.
Otherwise, if you accept a foreign currency, you enslave your country to the country that controls this currency.

No. Thats wrong. You should build a new cryptocurrency for your People. and encourage them to use it as their medium of exchange.
Otherwise, if you accept a foreign currency, you enslave your country to the country that controls this currency.
Demo, I often suspect that your posts are designed to create discord, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt here (or at least suspend my disbelief for a moment) and just address your stated concern.

No country controls any cryptocurrency...and I find it very hard to believe that you don't already know that.

To put it another way, all people, everywhere, in any country, have essentially equal access to cryptocurrency, provided they have access to the internet.

Now, a crypto like Dash would actually be ideal for real-world, brick-and-mortar, or other person-to-person use, due to both the instant transactions AND the very inexpensive transaction fees imposed by the Dash network. Furthermore, Dash's privacy feature makes it doubly attractive, as it means the citizens of Venezuela (or any other country, for that matter) have some means for keeping their finances safe from the irresponsible out of control printing of fiat, and the subsequent out of control inflation and taxation of that fiat.

Back