• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Logo Contest

This one is by far my favourite because of 2 things:
  • the dash in the Dash...nice playing with words, and adds a unique and slightly abstract element to this simple word.
  • it's simple. No 3D effects, no gradients, no other shebang, nothing that distracts the eye. Let me quote Nicolas Cage: "There's an Italian painter, named Carlotti, and he defined beauty. He said it was the summation of the parts working together in such a way that nothing needed to be added, taken away or altered."
vote_logo7.png

aaxx1503 ... At the same time... maybe a 2D version to kick-off the ball would be better?
Just a thought, just saw the BTC thread and liked it even more, imho It is more elegant.
All in all I do think its the best concept so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evan - I'd really appreciate if you added my fine tuned logos to the voting selection. I took suggestions from everyone in this thread and on Bitcointalk and made something which includes lots of elements appreciated by the community. There are two versions split simply between the "A" being different. You can include both or choose one but I think that my design is definitely superior to all those in the voting right now, and so do lots of people on here.

C7L1Zxu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C7L1Zxu.jpg

I have just added to the top one (alex-ru said somewhere else that the A without the horizontal part is another letter in Russian, so I think it is a good idea to keep it!). Let the games begin!!

I don't expect that you will rename your twitter account again and admit to your mother that this is just a phase, but I hope that at least you'll consider joining the foundation to vote for yourself :grin::grin::grin:

• the dash in the Dash...nice playing with words, and adds a unique and slightly abstract element to this simple word.
  • it's simple. No 3D effects, no gradients, no other shebang, nothing that distracts the eye. Let me quote Nicolas Cage: "There's an Italian painter, named Carlotti, and he defined beauty. He said it was the summation of the parts working together in such a way that nothing needed to be added, taken away or altered."
vote_logo7.png
I agree!
proxy.php

is simply the best logo we could ever ask for. We need to KEEP IT SIMPLE. What are all these weird gradients and modern letters? Seriously, have people not seen a brand logo in their lives? It has to be plain, with only ONE fancy letter, and that should be the first one. And the play with Dash <-> Cash is so valuable! Please don't throw this opportunity away! I'm starting to feel real emotional right now thinking of the horrible logos we could end up with.. :confused::eek:

#7 is the king, but I involve #8 out of fear for the others...:what:

I hope we will have a secondary voting without all the useless logos.. Sorry, but I gotta say I hope no one wasted too much money on these..

remember
a logo has to be simple !

I am not sure why we are comparing Dash logo to Visa, Mastecard or PayPal,
they are the last generation of payment systems (the old and dusty)
we are the future , so we should create our own logo and image without looking too much "back" at them

remember

we are the future , so we should create our own logo and image without looking too much "back" at them
It's not about looking back at them. It's about what works!
proxy.php

Single color, easy letters, fits in with other successful logos, plays with the dash in the D and Dash <-> Cash, angled to make it seem moving and the dash also helps with the illusion of movement.
We don't need some super-fancy modern logo.. We need a simple logo to build our brand around, and #7 is it! If it ain't broken, don't fix it. This is about mainstream adoption!

I'm traveling tomorrow and only got a few hours with my parents which I have not seen for half a year, but this logo vote is so critical I had to spend some time writing all this! I hereby withdraw from the discussion; I hope and trust all of you to not let this rebrand be a flop..

It's not about looking back at them. It's about what works!
proxy.php

Single color, easy letters, fits in with other successful logos, plays with the dash in the D and Dash <-> Cash, angled to make it seem moving and the dash also helps with the illusion of movement.
We don't need some super-fancy modern logo.. We need a simple logo to build our brand around, and #7 is it! If it ain't broken, don't fix it. This is about mainstream adoption!

I'm traveling tomorrow and only got a few hours with my parents which I have not seen for half a year, but this logo vote is so critical I had to spend some time writing all this! I hereby withdraw from the discussion; I hope and trust all of you to not let this rebrand be a flop..

why would this be a flop !?
come on and relax
you do not trust us ?
:wink:

remember

I agree. I think this one just feels like it's trying to copy Visa's logo and trying too hard to "fit in". The typography is too bland and lacks any real personality:
proxy.php

EDIT: And do we really want to associate ourselves with all of the centralized and overpriced services we aim to make obsolete?

I prefer this variant of #6. A more modern and distinctive typography, but it's still legible and not overly stylized. I also like the "A" without the crossbar, sort of like a nod to the old Darkcoin logo.
4Wt3j3z.png

I agree. I think this one just feels like it's trying to copy Visa's logo and trying too hard to "fit in". The typography is too bland and lacks any real personality:
proxy.php

EDIT: And do we really want to associate ourselves with all of the centralized and overpriced services we aim to make obsolete?

I prefer this variant of #6. A more modern and distinctive typography, but it's still legible and not overly stylized. I also like the "A" without the crossbar, sort of like a nod to the old Darkcoin logo.
4Wt3j3z.png

I'm not sure I like this one as much... Less simple.

Maybe we should keep some actual real letters in the name instead of filling it with symbols, if you take the bar out of the A, then you use as many symbols as letters in the logo... (which is also the name, it could make it less intuitive)

It could be harder to instantly grasp upon reading (or when quickly glimpsed at like an advertisement poster, which is usually all you get) than something that is closer to an actual word. Harder to instantly sound out in people's heads when they glimpse it...

But I think we definitely have wonderful options to choose from now whichever one is chosen. :)

vote_logo7.png

+1

I'm not sure I like this one as much... Less simple.

Maybe we should keep some actual real letters in the name instead of filling it with symbols, if you take the bar out of the A, then you use as many symbols as letters in the logo... (which is also the name, it could make it less intuitive)

It could be harder to instantly grasp upon reading (or when quickly glimpsed at like an advertisement poster, which is usually all you get) than something that is closer to an actual word. Harder to instantly sound out in people's heads when they glimpse it...

But I think we definitely have wonderful options to choose from now whichever one is chosen. :)
But it's not a symbol, it's a stylized "A". It's no less a real letter than the "D" is without its vertical bar. Uncrossed "A"s are pretty common in graphic design (Google "A logo" for example). I don't recall it being an issue in the Darkcoin logo, so I don't really see why it would be now.

proxy.php

4Wt3j3z.png
If raze speaks about logos we should all listen :)

Back