Dash Logo Contest

eduffield

Core Developer
Mar 9, 2014
Over the last few days we’ve held a contest for coming up with ideas for our new Dash logo. We’re already narrowed the finalists and now we would like the community to pick our new logo! We have a couple of days to ask the artists to do different variations on the designs, so feel free to ask something specific and we’ll see what we can do.

How will the vote work? We need to select a winner to the contest on Sunday, so we’ll be putting up a page that will allow Foundation members, official team members or anyone with more than 300 posts in DarkcoinTalk to vote. We’ll have these 6 options, let the best logo win!

Finalists

Example Usage

Voting has opened!

Instructions to vote for your favorite Dash logo

A lot of people were asking for us to include the one that Pille designed and posted to bitcointalk a few days ago, so we have included it in the vote also.

1. Go to https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org
2. Click 'My Account' and introduce your username or email and password (if you don't remember you can reset it)
3. Once you are logged in, click on a new page you will see on the top menu called 'Vote Logo'
4. Cast your vote. You can select your two preferred logos or just one, but in that case that one won't count double

Those who are not members of the foundation, but are part of the team, or have more than 300 messages at darkcointalk, please email [email protected], and we will create an account for you so you can vote.

Those who don't fall into the previous categories but want to vote, please join the foundation! It is only 10 DRK for an annual membership.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stealth923

Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Love #1, the italic gives it motion which is perfect. I would change the color of it though. The current blue used is a little dated.....Consider using the blue from #4 for #1 or something a little more modern

#2 is dead horrible lol

Reactions: yidakee

oblox

Aug 6, 2014
At first glance, #1, but also torn on #6. Would love to see respective logos rendered the same way each of them appear below to get a sense of how the two compare from a similar angle and lighting setup (both in blue, both in gold).

Also would like to see #1 with the letter A without the gap.

Reactions: buster and r-ando

AnarchicCluster

Dec 22, 2014
Dash Address
XgJkzjmW1onXH8EsaaZakN1GswjjnAYhUE
Yup. I lean towards number 1 but my gf says nuber 3. One of these

oblox

Aug 6, 2014

Which number is this one supposed to be? 3? It is really nice...
Looks like 6.

I would like to see 1 rendered in this color palate on that background too.

orbitboy

Mar 9, 2014
Immediate attraction to number 1. Really looks like it means business.
Any chance of the inverted 'V' for the 'A' on this one??

Reactions: r-ando

orangecycle

Foundation Member
Oct 2, 2014
node40.com
I like #1 except for the arrows in the S. The arrows seem like an afterthought. I suppose the arrows represent transactions, but I don't think they are necessary.

Reactions: buster and strix

splawik21

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
80% #1 20% #6

alex-ru

Grizzled Member
Dash Support Group
Jul 14, 2014
№1

but with normal appearance for every other letters except "D", so:

- "A" should look like "A", not "R" or something
- without arrows inside "S"... interesting idea, but their style differs from all other letters :(

oblox

Aug 6, 2014
№1

but with normal appearance for every other letters except "D", so:

- "A" should look like "A", not "R" or something
- without arrows inside "S"... interesting idea, but their style differ from all other letters :(
I'd like to see number one revised to see the A connected without the gap. Arrows don't bother me at this time.

Reactions: r-ando

Ryan Taylor

Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Jul 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
These look really good. #1 is first choice and #6 is a distant second for me.

I agree with alex-ru that the "A" seems a little like an "R". Feels trendy and "trying too hard", but I really like the arrows in the "S". For some logos that would feel cheesy, but for Dash, it is really relevant to what we are doing.

Reactions: r-ando and alex-ru

alex-ru

Grizzled Member
Dash Support Group
Jul 14, 2014
TFeels trendy and "trying too hard", but I really like the arrows in the "S". For some logos that would feel cheesy, but for Dash, it is really relevant to what we are doing.
May be designer would offer different arrows, in perfect balance with whole logo...

aaxx1503

Feb 28, 2014
Hello,
I am not liking the arrows in the S at all.. so that limits the choice down... to tell the truth I like the original dash one of the members came up with better then any of these.

Yeah this one too - Why isn't this one and the one above that I posted in the choices? Where is the thread for the initial contest?

Reactions: Populandum