Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Dash Logo Contest

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by eduffield, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Godwits

Godwits New Member

I think the D in dash should remind people of a C. So they read it as CASH but know It's DASH.
    Understand?

• Like Like x 2
  2. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

This one is by far my favourite because of 2 things:
    • the dash in the Dash...nice playing with words, and adds a unique and slightly abstract element to this simple word.
    • it's simple. No 3D effects, no gradients, no other shebang, nothing that distracts the eye. Let me quote Nicolas Cage: "There's an Italian painter, named Carlotti, and he defined beauty. He said it was the summation of the parts working together in such a way that nothing needed to be added, taken away or altered."
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  3. yidakee

yidakee Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

aaxx1503 ... At the same time... maybe a 2D version to kick-off the ball would be better?
    Just a thought, just saw the BTC thread and liked it even more, imho It is more elegant.
    All in all I do think its the best concept so far.

#123 yidakee, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
  4. fernando

fernando Powered by Dash
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Moderator

I have just added to the top one (alex-ru said somewhere else that the A without the horizontal part is another letter in Russian, so I think it is a good idea to keep it!). Let the games begin!!

I don't expect that you will rename your twitter account again and admit to your mother that this is just a phase, but I hope that at least you'll consider joining the foundation to vote for yourself :D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  5. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Grizzled Member
    Foundation Member

I agree, very hard... I'm going to read everyone's comments before I choose...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Populandum

Populandum Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

I agree!
    [​IMG]
    is simply the best logo we could ever ask for. We need to KEEP IT SIMPLE. What are all these weird gradients and modern letters? Seriously, have people not seen a brand logo in their lives? It has to be plain, with only ONE fancy letter, and that should be the first one. And the play with Dash <-> Cash is so valuable! Please don't throw this opportunity away! I'm starting to feel real emotional right now thinking of the horrible logos we could end up with.. :confused::eek:

#7 is the king, but I involve #8 out of fear for the others...:what:

I hope we will have a secondary voting without all the useless logos.. Sorry, but I gotta say I hope no one wasted too much money on these..

• Like Like x 2
  7. Populandum

Foundation Member

I just did the same :)

8. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

remember
    a logo has to be simple !

I am not sure why we are comparing Dash logo to Visa, Mastecard or PayPal,
    they are the last generation of payment systems (the old and dusty)
    we are the future , so we should create our own logo and image without looking too much "back" at them

• Like Like x 1
  9. jimbit

jimbit Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

@Evan will there be a runnoff for the 2 winners? or one wins straight up?

10. Populandum

Foundation Member

It's not about looking back at them. It's about what works!
    [​IMG]
    Single color, easy letters, fits in with other successful logos, plays with the dash in the D and Dash <-> Cash, angled to make it seem moving and the dash also helps with the illusion of movement.
    We don't need some super-fancy modern logo.. We need a simple logo to build our brand around, and #7 is it! If it ain't broken, don't fix it. This is about mainstream adoption!

I'm traveling tomorrow and only got a few hours with my parents which I have not seen for half a year, but this logo vote is so critical I had to spend some time writing all this! I hereby withdraw from the discussion; I hope and trust all of you to not let this rebrand be a flop..

• Like Like x 1
  11. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

why would this be a flop !?
    come on and relax
    you do not trust us ?
    ;)

12. raze

raze King of the Morlocks
    Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator

Dash Address:
    Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
    I agree. I think this one just feels like it's trying to copy Visa's logo and trying too hard to "fit in". The typography is too bland and lacks any real personality:
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: And do we really want to associate ourselves with all of the centralized and overpriced services we aim to make obsolete?

I prefer this variant of #6. A more modern and distinctive typography, but it's still legible and not overly stylized. I also like the "A" without the crossbar, sort of like a nod to the old Darkcoin logo.
    [​IMG]

#132 raze, Mar 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
  13. MangledBlue

MangledBlue Well-known Member

Yea - that looks nice

14. r-ando

r-ando Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

I'm not sure I like this one as much... Less simple.

Maybe we should keep some actual real letters in the name instead of filling it with symbols, if you take the bar out of the A, then you use as many symbols as letters in the logo... (which is also the name, it could make it less intuitive)

It could be harder to instantly grasp upon reading (or when quickly glimpsed at like an advertisement poster, which is usually all you get) than something that is closer to an actual word. Harder to instantly sound out in people's heads when they glimpse it...

But I think we definitely have wonderful options to choose from now whichever one is chosen. :)

#134 r-ando, Mar 21, 2015
  15. bhkien

bhkien Active Member

+1

16. raze

Dash Address:
    But it's not a symbol, it's a stylized "A". It's no less a real letter than the "D" is without its vertical bar. Uncrossed "A"s are pretty common in graphic design (Google "A logo" for example). I don't recall it being an issue in the Darkcoin logo, so I don't really see why it would be now.

17. Dunedoo

Dunedoo Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Dash Address:
    XyoSz4xviVGfks1pLhaXw2Baqmhfw5k7MG
    The gold version for me

18. fernando

fernando Powered by Dash

One wins straight up. That is why you can choose two logos, so there is some more info into the vote.

19. fernando

fernando Powered by Dash

If raze speaks about logos we should all listen :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. raze

Dash Address:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  21. bobbydick

bobbydick New Member

[​IMG]

How about this one?

22. innergy

innergy Member

Let's make it simple and readable, bold but not too aggressive. The text have to "fill" the space.. with recognizable letter "D".
    My suggestion is ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#142 innergy, Mar 21, 2015
  23. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

2-step voting is indeed mathematically a completely different thing, I would also avoid a run-off.

However, eduffield still has NOT included logo #7 and logo #8 into his first post, that's a problem because a lot of voters will make up their minds here and won't notice that there are additional choices over at the foundation's voting page.

Not good...I know I'm a PITA sometimes, but for a halfway accurate result this should be done ASAP.

(actually the voting should be started again at zero, but I appreciate the fact that some additional candidates where added by public vote after the voting was already started)

24. fernando

fernando Powered by Dash

You are indeed a PITA sometimes ;) But you are right! I have edited eduffield post to include those two.

• Like Like x 2
  25. buster

buster Guest

I just voted. Someone may have mentioned this already (haven't had time to read this entire thread) - but the quality of the images we are voting on don't seem that great. They seem fuzzy, small and I feel like I'm not getting the full effect of the design. Is there any way to get better quality of the designs that are up for the second round of voting?

edit* by quality I do not mean how they are designed, or the artist work... I mean the actual image on the actual page we are voting seems to be grainy, fuzzy, hazzy, just not really doing justice for the logos we are voting on.

• Like Like x 1
  26. fernando

fernando Powered by Dash

You are right, I did a couple of readjustments in the way we were displaying the images because of the changes in the number of contestants. For some reason, when setting up a size that would show only two rows on most displays, some images look fuzzy. This was important with 7 logos because 3+3+1 was a really weird arrangement and I wanted it to be 4+3. With 8 logos I kept it that way, so we had 4+4. I have changed it back to three by line, so we now have 3+3+2, which is not that bad and shows them in a much sharper way. Anyway, you can always click on the images and see them full size.

• Like Like x 1
  27. strix

strix Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

I too hate to be a pita* but sandwiches aside:what:, the addition of options seems to call for reseting the vote and starting over for fairness.

More importantly to me personally is that I have been unable to log in:mad:. Requests to reset my password have not been received after 24 hours and my email is listed correctly ([email protected]). I filled out the "contact us" form and still no response.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I would hate to miss this opportunity.:sad:

* "Pita or pitta is a soft, slightly leavened flatbread baked from wheat flour. It is used in many Mediterranean, Balkan and Middle Eastern cuisines and resembles other slightly leavened flatbreads such as Iranian nan-e barbari, South Asian flatbreads and Central Asian naan, and pizza crust."

28. TaoOfSatoshi

TaoOfSatoshi Grizzled Member

eduffield fernando Minotaur tungfa
    I would like to add that in addition to whatever logo we choose, we should have a version that has the term "DIGITAL CASH" underneath, similar to the one in the Darkcoin to Dash animation. That looks really sharp.

We should also have plenty of animations that show that brilliant "C" flip into "D" for Cash to Digital Cash, like on that animation as well.

So, we could have a "full logo" with DIGITAL CASH underneath, a logo with just DASH, and the single letter "D".

It's great to have a variety of official logos depending on the particular application.

• Like Like x 1
  29. MangledBlue

MangledBlue Well-known Member

Just PLEASE - for the love of god - don't choose the GASH logo

• Like Like x 3
  30. oaxaca

oaxaca Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

This one looks the best to me. Clean, simple, sleek, forward moving, without the extra piece of flab at the bottom of the D. I'd love to vote for #6 but this one isn't it.

• Like Like x 3