• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Logo Contest

RREfcpi.png

Look very nice and elegant.

Of the options presented I would vote for #1. I am not thrilled with the arrows either, nor the unfinished crossbar of the A (though I think the idea was to evoke another C), both seem too busy. I also do not like the lack of symmetry between the inside and outside of the D (and A) as it tends to obfuscate the C while spinning.
I particularly like any design that preserves the D/C spin option, and the weighting that emotes VISA. Number 6, and minotaurs modification both evoke a G, as has been noted. However the weighting of the font on 6 is better than any of the others.

Overall, I have to agree with others here, that the original community submission was best. I'm assuming that pro's were hired to produce these and saw the original. If so, it would have been hard for them to say that the original was the best, and thus they produced what we now see. I will be satisfied with whatever is chosen, but wish the original was in the mix.

Without actually counting, it seems that choice 1 is the clear winner at this point with 5 and 6 being contenders, and a clear write-in campaign for the original. I suggest that 1 and 5 are well-liked primarily due to their similarity to the original. Makes me wonder what would happen on a new vote if the options were 1, 5, 6, and the original?

For those making the decisions at this point, I would humbly suggest that this be allowed to run at least 24 hours (better 48) to allow folks at work or sleeping to provide input. And then hold another poll with the top two or three contenders AND the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to vote for this one but it's not in the choices to vote for...

z31KZG3.png
This is fantastic.
I like it for three reasons.
1. The Dash gives the illusion of movement, the D with the Dash could survive as a one letter symbol, plus it's a DASH!
2. The inverted C gives a clear indication of the similarities and differences between "cash" and "digital cash".
3. The D with the Dash turned sideways makes a well known power symbol, and that's what we're known for, empowering people financially.

Please consider this logo among the list. It's simple but powerful, and incorporates all of the elements of DASH.

Tao.

If DASH is offensive to some females in some countries - I'm sure GASH isn't going to be very helpful with that stupid looking backwards G on #6

#1 and #5 is my vote

since the original is not listed here

+1
Remember -> Keep it simple

I wasn't aware there was a contest for the logo. I'm kind of disappointed my logo didn't get added since there was a lot of community members that liked it. Thanks Aleix for the +1 and strix for the mention of a write-in.

As for the logos in this post to choose from? I don't like all the arrows pointing everywhere. The italicized font is all that should be needed to show speed and motion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't aware there was a contest for the logo. I'm kind of disappointed my logo didn't get added since there was a lot of community members that liked it. Thanks Aleix for the +1.

As for the logos in this post to choose from? I don't like all the arrows pointing everywhere. The italicized font is all that should be needed to show speed and motion.
Salkenex, there are a lot of folks who agree with you on this, and hopefully your design will be included in the final vote. (And I'm sorry I could not remember your nym in my statement above. ):oops:

I also must say that I am very impressed with your attitude! "...kind of disappointed" is a very gracious way of expressing what I suspect you might really feel, and far better than many express with far less cause. I salute you.:cool:

Back