• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Logo Contest

@ Evan D.
I totally respect you and the tremendous work you are doing on our behalf. I am keenly aware that you are doing a super human job, and it is only with the utmost trepidation I hesitate to suggest that not always, but on occasion, "home grown is better than farmed out."

I wasn't aware there was a contest for the logo. I'm kind of disappointed my logo didn't get added since there was a lot of community members that liked it. Thanks Aleix for the +1.

As for the logos in this post to choose from? I don't like all the arrows pointing everywhere. The italicized font is all that should be needed to show speed and motion.
I hope that this is not a final list. Even here, your logo is not in the OP, but seems to be the most popular "write in". :grin:

Of the options presented I would vote for #1. I am not thrilled with the arrows either, nor the unfinished crossbar of the A (though I think the idea was to evoke another C), both seem too busy. I also do not like the lack of symmetry between the inside and outside of the D (and A) as it tends to obfuscate the C while spinning.
I particularly like any design that preserves the D/C spin option, and the weighting that emotes VISA. Number 6, and minotaurs modification both evoke a G, as has been noted. However the weighting of the font on 6 is better than any of the others.

Overall, I have to agree with others here, that the original community submission was best. I'm assuming that pro's were hired to produce these and saw the original. If so, it would have been hard for them to say that the original was the best, and thus they produced what we now see. I will be satisfied with whatever is chosen, but wish the original was in the mix.

Without actually counting, it seems that choice 1 is the clear winner at this point with 5 and 6 being contenders, and a clear write-in campaign for the original. I suggest that 1 and 5 are well-liked primarily due to their similarity to the original. Makes me wonder what would happen on a new vote if the options were 1, 5, 6, and the original?

For those making the decisions at this point, I would humbly suggest that this be allowed to run at least 24 hours (better 48) to allow folks at work or sleeping to provide input. And then hold another poll with the top two or three contenders AND the original.
I think a followup vote with those would be ideal. Also seeing 1 with the connected A as a variation.

This is fantastic.
I like it for three reasons.
1. The Dash gives the illusion of movement, the D with the Dash could survive as a one letter symbol, plus it's a DASH!
2. The inverted C gives a clear indication of the similarities and differences between "cash" and "digital cash".
3. The D with the Dash turned sideways makes a well known power symbol, and that's what we're known for, empowering people financially.

Please consider this logo among the list. It's simple but powerful, and incorporates all of the elements of DASH.

Tao.

Nothing else needs to be added - Same thoughts I had in my BTCtalk post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10833512#msg10833512

The D is perfect with the Dash in it - Clean simple and powerful. When I first hated the name Dash and I saw the first logo with the dash in it I was won over a bit because I love good design.

Look very nice and elegant.

Very nice, I agree simple is better. People should be able to reproduce the logo without a model for reference. And if you make it Gold letters it immediately differentiates it from the others, while keeping the same form.

The gold lettering might just be personal preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
861mcH9.jpg

Here is a tweaked logo considering a few suggestiosn that were made. People liked the D with the Dash but they also liked the A with the bar instead of the upside down "V". I'm working on fine tuning it, making it flat also an giving it some perspective etc.

861mcH9.jpg

Here is a tweaked logo considering a few suggestiosn that were made. People liked the D with the Dash but they also liked the A with the bar instead of the upside down "V". I'm working on fine tuning it, making it flat also an giving it some perspective etc.
I kind of like the A without the line more, it looks more modern. But that's no biggie either way, splitting hairs.

Voting has opened!

Instructions to vote for your favorite Dash logo

A lot of people were asking for us to include the one that Pille designed and posted to bitcointalk a few days ago, so we have included it in the vote also.

1. Go to https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org
2. Click 'My Account' and introduce your username or email and password (if you don't remember you can reset it)
3. Once you are logged in, click on a new page you will see on the top menu called 'Vote Logo'
4. Cast your vote. You can select your two preferred logos or just one, but in that case that one won't count double

Those who are not members of the foundation, but are part of the team, or have more than 300 messages at darkcointalk, please email [email protected], and we will create an account for you so you can vote.

Those who don't fall into the previous categories but want to vote, please join the foundation! It is only 10 DRK for an annual membership.

861mcH9.jpg

I sure hope Evan is reading these!!

This little tweeked original far beats any in the OP.

Voting has opened!

A lot of people were asking for us to include the one that Pille designed and posted to bitcointalk a few days ago, so we have included it in the vote also.

2. Click 'My Account' and introduce your username or email and password (if you don't remember you can reset it)
3. Once you are logged in, click on a new page you will see on the top menu called 'Vote Logo'
4. Cast your vote. You can select your two preferred logos or just one, but in that case that one won't count double

Those who are not members of the foundation, but are part of the team, or have more than 300 messages at darkcointalk, please email [email protected], and we will create an account for you so you can vote.

Those who don't fall into the previous categories but want to vote, please join the foundation! It is only 10 DRK for an annual membership.

Evan - I'd really appreciate if you added my fine tuned logos to the voting selection. I took suggestions from everyone in this thread and on Bitcointalk and made something which includes lots of elements appreciated by the community. There are two versions split simply between the "A" being different. You can include both or choose one but I think that my design is definitely superior to all those in the voting right now, and so do lots of people on here.

C7L1Zxu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C7L1Zxu.jpg

Evan - I'd really appreciate if you added my fine tuned logos to the voting selection. I took suggestions from everyone in this thread and on Bitcointalk and made something which includes lots of elements appreciated by the community. There are two versions split simply between the "A" being different. You can include both or choose one but I think that my design is definitely superior to all those in the voting right now, and so do lots of people on here.

C7L1Zxu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C7L1Zxu.jpg

I just voted #7 and number #1, but I agree that the color play is nice on the first of these two. It seems like a little more refined version of number 7...

I'm really impressed with the thought and work everyone is putting into this. It is quite nice to see the Dash community come together on this.

Great Job Evan Duffield and Dash team!

And I enjoyed my tour of the Dash foundation website too, I found it very sharp and professional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey eduffield fernando , Minotaur asked me to give you the top logo only so here it is. Thank you very much for accepting to include it in the vote!

5oCoiyL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5oCoiyL.jpg

Hey guys, this option from aaxx1503, will be included in about 3 hours, as Fernando is unavailable at the moment. Sorry for this as it came up last minute. If you like it consider waiting and casting your vote a little later.

Voting has opened!

Vote DONE! #1

Back