• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

75,000 users and counting , next stop 1 million users if you support us

Should Getfreedash sign up 1 million by asking for 500 dash per month ?

• yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • yes , but less than 500 dash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes , but dont stop at 500 ask for 1000 dash :)

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there,

i am guessing you probably havent been following our proposal deeply , if not please go through this pre-prosposal disucssion from the day we started it
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...5-000-signups-need-your-support-urgent.28708/

if you go through these posts one by one you will find that there has been lot of posts from local venezuelans saying how they found merchants using getfreedash to give free breakfasts to people to some e-commerce players using dash directly as a result of getfreedash campaigns.

last few days been very positive for getfreedash as we have been approached by many businesses like dashnearby.com dashinformer ( feedbands ) and some local businesses as well. The point is once you build a large user base that has been introduced to dash , you can guide them to use various services like remittances etc.

just to be clear, we are not donating the free dash to Venezuelans by giving the $1 in dash, we are marketing dash to them , similar to what paypal did when they gave $10 to users initially. Building a strong user base in venezuela will give us a superb leverage to use that user base to unlock other services, thats the plan and building that initial network efforts take a bit of time but thats what gives us the ultimate monopoly among the cryptos.

to answer your question main question, yes some of the dash is probably sold but not all however the more important thing we are introducing 1000s of folks to cryptocurrency and dash in specific , they get to download a dash wallet ( stats over here http://bit.ly/dashwallet+ ) and they watch an introductory dash video

and build a community because its introduced to them by their friends or local businesses ( because of the referral component ).

Now achieving all this at $1 per user is probably one of the cheapest customer acquisition campaigns out there and if we scale this to say a million users or more , Dash will be the undisputed king of cryptos in Venezuela going forward.

Once everyone knows dash can do these sort of mega campaigns people will start giving the respect we deserve :)

If you used Wistia instead of YouTube you could actually see what percentage of people actually make it to the end of the video, also I believe it would be easy to make sure that they actually watched the whole thing before continuing on with a callback URL trigger on completion.

@Stealth923 is there a proper documentation that can enable individual transactions , all i find is dash insight which doesn't work properly , going forward when we process 10,000 tx per day i believe using that would be good

What do you mean Dash Insight doesn't work properly? I just ran 100k+ requests against that API and it worked fine.

buenas noches, hay problemas con getfreedash en Venezuela no puedo cobrar mi usuario, alguien me podría dar información? gracias saludos

@Dashmaximalist - I have done some quick analysis on the data you gave based on 46789 records can you please explain

a) Why there are so many addresses with dollars given greater than $0.50 - there are some with $100+, how can this happen for a single address?
b) You have given a total of $34,816 and with $5,468 given to duplicate addresses.

DemRqCe.png

Last edited:
Hi @Stealth923

This is not a fraud behaviour per se. There are lot of people who refer a lot of them and we process all the amount in one shot. Hence the reason for more than $0.5

In fact some of them have referred 100s of folks so they a lot more money obviossly.

Trying to decrease the no of txns ( which will change from next month ), we have mandated a minimum of $1 for second time withdrawal on wards ...

Hope this helps

Hi @Stealth923

This is not a fraud behaviour per se. There are lot of people who refer a lot of them and we process all the amount in one shot. Hence the reason for more than $0.5

In fact some of them have referred 100s of folks so they a lot more money obviossly.

Trying to decrease the no of txns ( which will change from next month ), we have mandated a minimum of $1 for second time withdrawal on wards ...

Hope this helps
Thanks for the clarification on this! - all good.

Thanks for the clarification on this! - all good.

If you still doubt about the transactions, you may choose some random (or selected) wallets, ask the relevant phone numbers from @Dashmaximalist, and make phone calls to them in order to confirm they are real persons and not fake accounts.
A list of dash addresses associated with a phone number is a nice (although imperfect) proof of individuality. Can you upload this list somewhere? Only the dash addresses of the individuals of course, not their phone numbers! In case some malicious masternode owners (yes we have a lot of stupid and spies in the dash community) accuse you of posting fake addresses in the list, you may challenge them and ask them to randomly select some dash addresses. Then you will reveal to an elected (by the masternodes) committee the corresponding phone numbers, in order for the commitee to call and confirm that these dash addresses belong to real and separate individuals.

There is a flaw in the above protocol of mine. @Dashmaximalist may hide the fake phone numbers and may give to the commitee phone numbers which do not correspod to the wallet in target. In order to solve this, the whole transactions file (along with its names and phone numbers) should exist somewhere in public but hashed (or encrypted).

And in order for the committee to make the phone call and check the validity, @Dashmaximalist should reveal to the commitee the name and the phone number and the commity should crosscheck their combined hash value it has been previously given publicly (or alternatively he may give to the commitee the corresponding private key to decrypt)

Code:
#!/bin/bash
nickname_and_phone_number_hashID=`bc <<<ibase=16\;$(sha1sum <<<$nickname_and_phone_number|tr a-z A-Z)0`

Last edited:
@Dashmaximalist

Your proposal is among the few that are working with transparency and efficiency and you are paying price for both.
Best roi of all proposals no doubt.

I have respect for your work but the respect went down after you starting supporting swann to gain votes.

You should continue to speak your mind irrespective of what happens to your own proposal.

I can't imagine a smart guy like you thinks it makes sense to spend dash on making private studios.

Thanks for your support amidst a barrage of no votes , it's very motivating to hear this.

About Ben's proposal, it doesn't make sense from ROI point of view but the work he is doing pretty important no doubt about that. I still stand by that.

If we had more money for DAO it's definitely worth supporting but now looks like many other proposals will go for a toss owing to unprecedented proposal flood.

Last edited:
@demo just when we think you are starting to make sense, you go off the tangent in a moment !!
The getfreedash system relies on the trust the masternodes community has on you. But we are supposed to built trustless systems, this is what satoshi taught us.

In order to make your system trustless, you have to add a column in the transactions file you publish, and give the hash value of the name and phone number. This is how you are commited in the future, in case an elected commitee ask you to reveal the phone number and the name of a random wallet (in order they make a phone call and check whether he is a real person or a fake one) , that you will reveal the correct one.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
nickname_and_phone_number_hashID=`bc <<<ibase=16\;$(sha1sum <<<$nickname_and_phone_number|tr a-z A-Z)0`

Last edited:
Thanks for your support amidst a barrage of no votes , it's very motivating to hear this.

About Ben's proposal , it does make sense from ROI point of view but the work he is doing pretty important no doubt about that. I still stand by that.

If we had more money for dao its definitely worth supporting but now looks like many other proposals will go for a toss owing to unprecedented proposal flood.

Do you think we should spend 3200 dash for constructing a private studio?

Do you think we should spend 3200 dash for constructing a private studio?
its not an Yes or no answer.

Do I like Ben's project and want to support it- Yes
Should we spend 3200 dash ? I haven't looked at all the details, so I can't comment, but from what I understand from reading others comments, I would want to look at in-depth financials and any cost savings possible

one more thing, please stop the discussing Ben's Project on this thread, let's do it in other threads if needed

Okay. Best of luck for your work. I am in awe of what you have accomplished.

Unfortunately,You have paid a very heavy price for doing brilliant and transparent work.

I think you should learn how not to take on any metrics from other "experts" like Ben, Dashaerosports etc

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/dash-intel
@Dash_Intel (proposal of @DashNexus ) said:

"Spoke with a DashWatch representative (@paragon) yesterday about working together and sharing our data. This has always been the goal and we encourage other groups to reach out with research goals and questions we might be able to answer. We've also done some preliminary analysis on the success of the GetFreeDash giveaway program in response to a suggestion by @Walter. Early results indicate that approximately 75% of those given free Dash keep it in their wallets and don't spend it, while about 25% have 'spent' 100% of what they were given. It's entirely possible that the reason these people aren't spending it is because most of the giveaways have occurred during the recent downturn in the crypto markets and people would rather wait to sell it when it's worth more. Or, it's possible that they don't have a very good way to go about exchanging it or spending it. It warrants further research and our next course of action would probably be to look at how long those who received Dash and then spent it waited to do so. Was it immediate? or did they wait until the price was higher than when they received it"

Their conclusion is similar to mine.
http://demodun.github.io/dividendwatch
https://demodun.github.io/dividendwatch/p25.html

The only difference is that I publish both the code and my results. They do not, until they get funded by the MNOs. I hope, in case dash_intel gets funded (which I hope), to publish both their code and their results, in order for their system to be trustless and everyone to be able to crosscheck their conclusions.

Furthermore @Dashmaximalist shoud welcome all efforts towards dividend transparency, and especially encourage @Antti Kaikkonen to work for it.

Let me report it also here, that @Antti Kaikkonen 's job (dashradar) can help A LOT in case we want to spot potential frauds that occur into getfreedash dividend.

asd1-png.6529

One of the reasons this proposal is downvoted, it is because the MNOs require more transparency from the getfreedash project, than the one currently given. The transactions should be automated and reported online in the runtime!!!!! And another reason I think it is that because they require getfreedash to be designed in a trustless way.

@Dashmaximalist, you have 7 days left until the end of the vote , so give me the chance to automate your damned system!!!
400000 people are waiting for you to give them the dividend they deserve!!!!

Last edited:
I was lived in a communist country where the communist leaders like to spend others’ money this way.

Of course the leaders who give away free money will get more ballots of poor people. But in the long term in can devastating the economy of the country.

I was lived in a communist country where the communist leaders like to spend others’ money.
And I was lived in a capitalist country where the capitalist leaders like to spend others’ money (by taxing people).
And I am living now in the dash nation, where the core team leaders like to spend the community's money in a percentage 45% miners, 45% masternode owners, and 10% budget.
So whats the difference?

And I was lived in a capitalist country where the capitalist leaders like to spend others’ money (by taxing people).
And I am living now in the dash nation, where the core team leaders like to spend the community's money in a percentage 45% miners, 45% masternode owners, and 10% budget.
So whats the difference?

Many capital countries gradually have bigger governments and gradually moving closer to communist. That’s why we need decentralization, cryptocurrency and small government.

Many capital countries gradually have bigger governments and gradually moving closer to communist. That’s why we need decentralization, cryptocurrency and small government.
If you have small government, then the capitalist and communist countries with the big govenrments will conquer you by arms, force, violence and censorship. They are already doing it, by censoring cryptos in google, facebook and twitter, by massively buying and selling cryptos in order to destabilize the cryptomarket, and of course by injecting spies into the cryptos' core teams.

What you need is decentralization, cryptocurrency and intense governance (which means low proposal fees for government proposals)

Cuándo llegaré?

@Manu Chao said:
Me llaman el desaparecido | They call me The Disappearer
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido | When I arrive, I'm already gone
Volando vengo, volando voy | Flying I come, flying I go
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido | Quickly, quickly, towards the unknown
Cuando me buscan nunca estoy | When looking for me, I'm never there
Cuando me encuentran yo no soy | When they found me it's not me
El que está enfrente, porque ya | [it's not me] in their front, because I already
Porque ya me fui corriendo más allá | [because I already] went running way overthere
Me dicen el desaparecido | They tell me that I am always gone
Fantasma que nunca está | Like a ghost, who is never there
Me dicen el desagradecido | They call me The Ungrateful
Pero esa no es la verdad | But it's not the truth
Yo llevo en el cuerpo un dolor | I carry inside me a pain
Que no me deja respirar | That doesn't let me breath
Llevo en el cuerpo una condena | I carry inside me a sentence
Que siempre me echa a caminar | Which is always pushing me to carry on
Fantasma que nunca está | Like a ghost, who is never there
Me dicen el desagradecido | They call me The Ungrateful
Pero esa no es la verdad | But it's not the truth
Yo llevo en el cuerpo un motor | I carry inside me an engine
Que nunca deja de rolar | That never stops working
Yo llevo en el alma un camino | I carry in my soul a place
Destinado a nunca llegar | Which I'm destined to never arrive
Cuando me buscan nunca estoy | When looking for me, I'm never there
Cuando me encuentran yo no soy | When they found me it's not me
El que está enfrente porque ya | [it's not me] in their front, because I already
Me fui corriendo más allá | [because I already] went running way overthere
Perdido en el siglo, | Lost in the century...
Perdido en el siglo, siglo xx, | Lost in the century... the 20th century...
Cuando llegaré, | when will I arrive
Cuando llegaré | when will I arrive
Cuando llegaré (rumbo al xxi) | when will I arrive (towards to 21st [century]...)
Cuando llegaré | when will I arrive
Me llaman el desaparecido | They call me the disappearer
Cuando llegaré (perdido en el siglo) | when will I arrive (towards to 21st [century]...)
¿Cuándo llegaré? | when will I arrive
Me llaman el desaparecido | They call me the disappearer
Fantasma que nunca está (¿Cuándo llegaré?) | Like a ghost, who is never there (when will I arrive)
Me dicen el desagradecido (¿Cuándo llegaré?) | They call me The Ungrateful (when will I arrive)
Esa no es la verdad (¿Cuándo llegaré?) | But it's not the truth (when will I arrive)
Yo llevo en el cuerpo un motor (¿Cuándo llegaré?) | I carry inside me an engine (when will I arrive)
Que nunca deja de rolar (¿Cuándo llegaré?) | That never stops working (when will I arrive)
Llevo en el alma un camino (¿Cuándo llegaré?) | I carry in my soul a place (when will I arrive)
Destinado a nunca llegar (¿Cuándo llegaré?) | Which I'm destined to never arrive (when will I arrive)
Me llaman el desaparecido (¿Cuándo llegaré?) | They call me The Disappearer (when will I arrive)
Cuando llega ya se ha ido (¿Cuándo llegaré?) | When I arrive, I'm already gone when will I arrive
Volando vengo, volando voy (¿Cuándo llegaré?) | Flying I come, flying I go (when will I arrive)
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido (¿Cuándo llegaré?) | Quickly, quickly, towards the unknown (when will I arrive)
¿Cuándo llegaré? | when will I arrive [16x times]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back