• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

75,000 users and counting , next stop 1 million users if you support us

Should Getfreedash sign up 1 million by asking for 500 dash per month ?

• yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • yes , but less than 500 dash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes , but dont stop at 500 ask for 1000 dash :)

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashmaximalist

Getfreedash just crossed 75,000 users its a historic moment for us and its a big moment for dash adoption in Venezuela. we have bought more people to dash in venezuela than probably all the other proposals combined and we are just getting started :)

But we don't want to stop here , we want to go bigger , lot bigger and bring 1 million users as soon as possible

All we need is 500 dash per month for next 3 months

with the current spend of 150 dash plus 500 dash should give us enough fire power to bring 1 million users in the next 3-4 months
dont forget to check https://getfreedash.com

In the Northern Hemisphere, December 21 is usually the shortest day of the year and is sometimes regarded as the first day of winter. In the Southern Hemisphere, December 21 is usually the longest day of the year and occurs during the southern summer. I think that the 21 December was not selected by chance as the starting day of the crypto crash.

I would like to see that the existing Dash is being circulated, not simply sold. Great to help people, but does this activity truly bring value to the Dash network? Please prove this for me, then you will have my votes.

I 100% disagree with the idea of cheapening DASH by giving it away for free.

I'm also no fan of rewarding dumbass communists for destroying their own country in the most obviously stupid way possible. How do you manage to fuck this up, Venezuela? It's the Saudi Arabia of South America... Just... How? I can't even... Frankly, it'd be a disservice to deprive them of the suffering. They need it to learn... Nothing else taught the lessons needed... Pain is an excellent teacher. It sucks to wish suffering on people, but nothing else worked...

If you're going to do it, do it big.

May as well blow the 1000. It's a fart in the wind. The Venezuelan clusterfuck is so bad that giving away 1000 DASH won't deprive anyone of the painful lessons they need to learn, and it'll give DASH some exposure, if I subscribe to the "even bad publicity is good publicity" mentality.

Last edited:
I would like to see that the existing Dash is being circulated, not simply sold. Great to help people, but does this activity truly bring value to the Dash network? Please prove this for me, then you will have my votes.
hi there,

i am guessing you probably havent been following our proposal deeply , if not please go through this pre-prosposal disucssion from the day we started it
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...5-000-signups-need-your-support-urgent.28708/

if you go through these posts one by one you will find that there has been lot of posts from local venezuelans saying how they found merchants using getfreedash to give free breakfasts to people to some e-commerce players using dash directly as a result of getfreedash campaigns.

last few days been very positive for getfreedash as we have been approached by many businesses like dashnearby.com dashinformer ( feedbands ) and some local businesses as well. The point is once you build a large user base that has been introduced to dash , you can guide them to use various services like remittances etc.

just to be clear, we are not donating the free dash to Venezuelans by giving the $1 in dash, we are marketing dash to them , similar to what paypal did when they gave $10 to users initially. Building a strong user base in venezuela will give us a superb leverage to use that user base to unlock other services, thats the plan and building that initial network efforts take a bit of time but thats what gives us the ultimate monopoly among the cryptos.

to answer your question main question, yes some of the dash is probably sold but not all however the more important thing we are introducing 1000s of folks to cryptocurrency and dash in specific , they get to download a dash wallet ( stats over here http://bit.ly/dashwallet+ ) and they watch an introductory dash video

and build a community because its introduced to them by their friends or local businesses ( because of the referral component ).

Now achieving all this at $1 per user is probably one of the cheapest customer acquisition campaigns out there and if we scale this to say a million users or more , Dash will be the undisputed king of cryptos in Venezuela going forward.

Once everyone knows dash can do these sort of mega campaigns people will start giving the respect we deserve :)

Last edited:

I think @TaoOfSatoshi makes sense. You should run the course of this campaign and share results before asking for more dash..
I would like to see the circulation in the ecosystem. People selling it means very little for the system

This is now going in the direction of charity more than anything else, starving people will do anything to get hands on some money.
Dont mistake this for adoption. Not in favor of expanding this campaign at this moment

I think @TaoOfSatoshi makes sense. You should run the course of this campaign and share results before asking for more dash..
I would like to see the circulation in the ecosystem. People selling it means very little for the system

This is now going in the direction of charity more than anything else, starving people will do anything to get hands on some money.
Dont mistake this for adoption. Not in favor of expanding this campaign at this moment

@Dashmaximalist posted some data, and I did an analysis of circulation of the dash dividend.
If he decides to post the new data, a new and improved analysis may appear.

Last edited:
@demo I have updated the file feel free to check it out now
https://demodun.github.io/dividendwatch/p24.html
Code:
curl -s https://demodun.github.io/dividendwatch/p24.html|grep "<tr>"|grep "0.00000"|wc -l
2822 (out of 10593 transactions given to investigate) emptied their dash addresses and they have now zero dash balance.

Of course further investigations in their transactions is needed, because some of those 2822 maybe didnt spend their dash to an exchange, but they moved their dash money in another dash address.

Last edited:
hi @demo , heres a secondary links with the full payment list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dSUyA8pEm6KeMfaf1UFcFJMTV5qt7nN115lqSLIR7_A/edit#gid=0 , ( google sheets have some limitations on counts etc )
I cannot access the file you gave me. It requires permissions to your google drive, it was supposed to send me an e-mail confirmation, but the e-mail didnt arrived until now.

Could you use pastebin.com (or github), and paste your file in a comma separated .csv format?
The excel format is useless to me, I save it as comma separated .csv in order to process the data.

Last edited:

Short Answer:

Getfreedash is like a jet plane that is taking off, if you think it's going in a wrong direction, all you should do is a course correction, not shutting down fuel.

Pretty Long Answer:

Modern Marketing primarily works on conversions on each step of what is called is a conversion funnel.
the funnel involves three steps awareness, action and conversion.

Awareness is showing ads to people either on social media, google or on jet planes / sponsoring news anchors.
Actions are some sort of app download or sign up etc
Conversion is the goal of our whole exercise i.e a customer buying something or in case of dash using dash for transactions.

The way conversion funnel works is, if 100 folks click on your ad, 1 person sign ups or downloads an app, of 5-10 people who sign up 1 person will actually buy something.

So far millions have been spent on various types of ads and PR stunts, there are no metrics on signups or app downloads. Getfreedash is one of the very few proposals that has proper metrics on sign-ups and app downloads ( once we roll out our APP).

Now the last step of people paying with dash to buy is of interest to us , however this is completely dependent on network effect , you cant expect 100 people who download dash app to buy something at a merchant with it ,as its not worth the hassle for merchants to accept dash payments for the sake of 100 people ( in a country 30 million population) . This is the most important part, unless we have a lot of people who have signed up or downloaded a dash wallet ( in case of Venezuela that's about 500k -1 million people ) , merchants will not be motivated to accept dash payments ( the only merchants that claim to accept dash payments will be the ones that are looking for dash from us ).

Getfreedash has the biggest chance of signing up the required 500k-1million that is required to kick start the dash payment revolution at a cost that is less than 1% of signing up users in US/ Europe.

Venezuela is considered ground zero of cryptocurrency adoption and we should make sure of this opportunity completely, Getfreedash is best suited for this opportunity.

Getfreedash has lot of future plans to get partnerships with remittance players, e-commerce companies which require scale, no business wants to partner with you unless you have half a million users or more. that's how partnerships work.

Once we acquire a million users or more there are many more ideas that can be rolled out.

Last edited:
I would also suggest, that before hoarding circulation is the most important quality of real money(="Currency")- and its the main motor of valutation (i.e. rise in price) But how can you start circulation if you dont kickstart it by getting Dash in the publics hand? And how can you prove something that cant be proved but afterwards. Is your question not similar to the question of a sceptic that could have asked the Wright- Brothers before their first flight in history of mankind , that they should prove before the first flight that their flight will be successfull, whereras the flight itself was the proof that could impossibly be used as proof beforehand? And is a proof-demand like yours not the best way to PREVENT new ideas just by asking the impossible?

Last edited:
I was just taking a look at some of the payout addresses and noticed this https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?5777602.htm

It is a transaction that seems to consolidate lots of the outputs. Which would indicate that they are owned by the same person/group. Now maybe the people are just providing their exchange addresses to getfreedash and then the exchange consolidates it or maybe there is some fraud going on here. But it definitely warrants a closer look.

I was just taking a look at some of the payout addresses and noticed this https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?5777602.htm

It is a transaction that seems to consolidate lots of the outputs. Which would indicate that they are owned by the same person/group. Now maybe the people are just providing their exchange addresses to getfreedash and then the exchange consolidates it or maybe there is some fraud going on here. But it definitely warrants a closer look.
That's correct , lot of people are using uphold because of low fees and instant transactions and not uisng the dash Android wallet we are recommending

Just to clarify everyone I am not implying there is no fraud , there's probably like 5-10% fraud ( looking at ip addresses etc )...but even if there's like 50% fraud out of 1 million users we acquire ..i.e 500k are genuine users ... This is still absolutely worth it for the money we are spending.

And not that I am endorsing or encouraging throwing money at fraudsters, but let's say 10 or 20% of the GetFreeDash recipients have bad motives and figure out how to game the system. What are they going to do with their illicitly acquired Dash? They are going to go spend it on something. Another crypto, or switch it to fiat, or actually buy stuff, all of which leads to more use/transactions. You could think of it as our slightly less efficient Dash adoption mechanism. So long as it's not a substantial percentage of the total, I am not concerned too much. Some of them are also likely to notice how fast the transactions occur and be impressed....and convert to using Dash.

I am very much interested in the continued analysis of where the Dash goes, and how it moves through the economy and what percentage goes to the suspicious players.

Carry on, have fun, win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back