• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

12.1 Announcement / Finalized Date / Project Update

Could we have some clear specs that are required to run these new MNs? I do not want to be caught offguard and having to redo all my MNs.

This has not been available since 12.1 testing started and testnet specs are much lower. I think it is unknown base on what the CPU load and Memory usage will be like until they are running live on Main Net for a little. I would say 4 to 5 times what you can run on testnet

I think there is no easily digestible information around, regarding sentinel . Although the term "easily digestible" is relative. Someone may say to you, here is the code, and it is an easy code, it is not rocket science. So it is easily digestible.

When in this strange city, some people get paid for just smiling and for just being beautifull, then you should expect that those who are giving you directions will want to get paid too. If you think it is negative to pay people that are helping you, then you are out of the spirit of the Dash Timocracy.

This is the city of Dash, this is what you pay for being a citizent of a Timocracy. This city unfortunately changed a lot since the days you used to offer information and work for free. You did it for free, but nowdays people get paid for that.

Yes, "easily digestible" is a relative term. That said, code is designed as instructions for computers, and explanations are designed as clarifications for people. Code is thus generally less digestible than explanations (and this case seems to be no exception) and to deny that is to be missing the obvious at best, and to be being deliberately obtuse at worse.

It is a non-sequitur to say that "people get paid for A, therefor people should get paid for B." A and B may not both be things which it is appropriate to expect to pay for, or to be paid for. To use your example, in New York city, people get paid for smiling and being beautiful (models, for example) and yet I have never met anyone there (or anywhere else in the world) who expects to get paid for giving directions.

And....this conversation with you is getting boring, time consuming, and unproductive. If your comments to me were made in the spirit of helpfulness, then thanks....but I honestly don't feel that they were. Maybe I am wrong. Either way, no hard feelings, but I have better things to do than talk to you.

This has not been available since 12.1 testing started and testnet specs are much lower. I think it is unknown base on what the CPU load and Memory usage will be like until they are running live on Main Net for a little. I would say 4 to 5 times what you can run on testnet

flare / moocow will have some specs (hopefully guides ) ready before release to make this as smooth as possible

Does everyone remember that this release will "fix" the budget system? And this will somehow stop all these failed projects in a fair manner.

What is the new budget system going to look like in 12.1?
And that means both at release and with added features. I believe Evan said initially it will mimic the current budget system but also allows new projects to add features. So what is the process to implement the new features? Does every new budget require the (babygiraffe needs to ok funds release) checkbox?

Do masternodes vote in "Project Deliverable Key Masters" that hand out funds at their discretion for budgets? Or is this just babygiraffe by default?
[BTW, if a SantaClaus character shows up, he will only charge a minimal fee and all budgets will get released regardless of project completion. So vote yes for Santa. LOL]

Are there employers and employees? Do you need to log hours then to get paid correctly? Is there a payroll contact/time card?

Any update on the fee changes? Is the budget proposal fee dropping still? IS/PS fees dropping still?

I created the website PlanetCrypton.com some time ago, as a means for explaining to other how to perform certain DASH and crypto tasks (with a focus on setting up a masternode). I did this for free. Some people gave small tips, but this was definitely not required to use the information which I freely provided.

When I ask for directions in a strange city, I would be taken aback if the person I asked put his hand out for a donation. In a similar fashion, I am a bit taken aback by your attitude regarding my simple request for more information. If you have no information to share, or simply don't want to share, that's fine. There is certainly no need for put downs or any sort of negativity, however.

And I am not looking for someone to painstakingly write out detailed instructions for me. I would, however, appreciate being pointed to any sources of useful and easily digestible information as may exist. If none exists at this time, then eventually it will, and perhaps that's when I my curiosity will be satisfied.

I want to thank you--it was actually your original MN guide that helped me get setup once I discovered Dash back in 2014. Excellent guide--excellent!

It seems to me the contention found in this thread is one that has been familiar to governance over the millennia...that of "checks and balances".

While that subject is very deep, I just don't see the motivation for Dash Core to "turn off masternode payments" in order to sabotage the entire ecosystem or to abscond, even lacking checks and balances.

If they do this in order to incentivize the 12.1/Sentinel rollout, then so be it. Dash Core needs some understanding from an executive standpoint...I think.

Maybe I'm naive, but my gut tells me the team that has been assembled has their heart and soul in this. They're calling these shots. So be it.

Last edited:
Lucky you are, for having better things to do. :)
Unfortunately I have no better things to do right now. :(
Talking to people and trying to convice then to vote using numbers, this is the best thing I can do. :confused::oops::rolleyes:

And yet you wasted all that time talking to me.
I want to thank you--it was actually your original MN guide that helped me get setup once I discovered Dash back in 2014. Excellent guide--excellent!

Hi David! I actually remember you asking me a few questions back then. I am so glad I was helpful to you, and hope all is going well.

I created the website PlanetCrypton.com some time ago, as a means for explaining to other how to perform certain DASH and crypto tasks (with a focus on setting up a masternode). I did this for free. Some people gave small tips, but this was definitely not required to use the information which I freely provided.

When I ask for directions in a strange city, I would be taken aback if the person I asked put his hand out for a donation. In a similar fashion, I am a bit taken aback by your attitude regarding my simple request for more information. If you have no information to share, or simply don't want to share, that's fine. There is certainly no need for put downs or any sort of negativity, however.

And I am not looking for someone to painstakingly write out detailed instructions for me. I would, however, appreciate being pointed to any sources of useful and easily digestible information as may exist. If none exists at this time, then eventually it will, and perhaps that's when I my curiosity will be satisfied.

Ignore @demo and his unfriendly remarks.. He's done the same to me in the past, he doesn't seem to realize that simple requests for information aren't a drain on the community and should be treated in a warm and welcoming way. There is a big difference between asking for a brief overview/synopsis on a topic/issue as opposed to being spoonfed on the matter... He seems to think that investors should be able to recite the source code in latin during their sleep if they're serious about their masternode investment..! :rolleyes:

Walter

A belated thank you from me as well @ScioMind. I also was used your MN guide on PlanetCrypton.com way back when - had completely forgotten that until seeing it mentioned here just now.

It seems to me the contention found in this thread is one that has been familiar to governance over the millennia...that of "checks and balances".

While that subject is very deep, I just don't see the motivation for Dash Core to "turn off masternode payments" in order to sabotage the entire ecosystem or to abscond, even lacking checks and balances.

If they do this in order to incentivize the 12.1/Sentinel rollout, then so be it. Dash Core needs some understanding from an executive standpoint...I think.

Maybe I'm naive, but my gut tells me the team that has been assembled has their heart and soul in this. They're calling these shots. So be it.

@jhoskins I agree totally... checks and balances are important but the incentives of the Core Team/Masternode operators/Miners are so clearly aligned that it makes 'micromanagement and auditing' of every decision self defeating, unproductive and futile at this stage of the Dash project. There's no doubt that a robust governance system needs to evolve as the project develops but the current system is adequate and far better than anything else in crypto at present. Let's face it - it would be suicide for the core team or Evan to go against the consensus or to take a view/direction that was at odds with the community. It would decimate the value of Dash and bring the whole project crashing down. The incentives are so strongly aligned that it's pretty much a self-regulating system at the moment and as long as the Team, or certain individuals, don't 'take the piss' then I'll continue to vote in support of the status quo.

Walter

Ignore @demo and his unfriendly remarks.. He's done the same to me in the past, he doesn't seem to realize that simple requests for information aren't a drain on the community and should be treated in a warm and welcoming way. There is a big difference between asking for a brief overview/synopsis on a topic/issue as opposed to being spoonfed on the matter... He seems to think that investors should be able to recite the source code in latin during their sleep if they're serious about their masternode investment..! :rolleyes:

Walter
Thanks, Walter. I completely agree.

A belated thank you from me as well @ScioMind. I also was used your MN guide on PlanetCrypton.com way back when - had completely forgotten that until seeing it mentioned here just now.

Me too. I loved the Linux "hardening" tutorials!

You're welcome, bertlebbert and Bridgewater!

Gracious...

There's a lot of buzzwords here, and not many specifics. Makes for a good pump, but that's about it.

One thing I noticed, specifically, was that there would be more data pertaining to this WordPress thing in early Jan. Where is it?

Come on @demo. You should know by now that criticizing anything being done here will get you labeled a troll. But, taking off with distortions like an SJW, would achieve the same even if you were right... Quit clogging the thread, dummy.

Does everyone remember that this release will "fix" the budget system? And this will somehow stop all these failed projects in a fair manner.

What is the new budget system going to look like in 12.1?
And that means both at release and with added features. I believe Evan said initially it will mimic the current budget system but also allows new projects to add features. So what is the process to implement the new features? Does every new budget require the (babygiraffe needs to ok funds release) checkbox?

Do masternodes vote in "Project Deliverable Key Masters" that hand out funds at their discretion for budgets? Or is this just babygiraffe by default?
[BTW, if a SantaClaus character shows up, he will only charge a minimal fee and all budgets will get released regardless of project completion. So vote yes for Santa. LOL]

Are there employers and employees? Do you need to log hours then to get paid correctly? Is there a payroll contact/time card?

Any update on the fee changes? Is the budget proposal fee dropping still? IS/PS fees dropping still?

Looks like the core guys(except Tungfa and Fernando) took a week off. Oh well, I tried to get some lingering questions answered.

Gracious...

There's a lot of buzzwords here, and not many specifics. Makes for a good pump, but that's about it.

One thing I noticed, specifically, was that there would be more data pertaining to this WordPress thing in early Jan. Where is it?

Come on @demo. You should know by now that criticizing anything being done here will get you labeled a troll. But, taking off with distortions like an SJW, would achieve the same even if you were right... Quit clogging the thread, dummy.

WordPress thing will be announced quite soon - just tying up a few loose ends :)

Back