Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Spies in Core Team, Censorship etc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GrandMasterDash, Jan 6, 2017.

1. GrandMasterDash

GrandMasterDash Well-known Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

I agree it's entirely possible that Core's heart might be in the right place.. although saying that, I also believe dash has been heavily infiltrated and compromised by spies, kot being one of them e.g. his involvement with Coinfirm. But it's not just that, there have been many strategic decisions and "partners" created with almost no involvement of the MNs. It was ok for Evan to execute his PR stunt regarding block-size, but when it really counts there's been nothing. All these proposals are about grants, none of them about strategic decision (except my own privacy-first proposal).

What I'm saying is, although it's important for Core to have their hearts in the right places, those checks and balances are actually far more important because they stop corruption seeping in.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  2. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

come on now - u serious ?
    i am on that team and have not met any "spies" yet :rolleyes:
    i believe we have to keep our pants on about our "importance" (or not) in the world ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. GrandMasterDash

What do you call someone who's been installed to subvert a project? - you can call it any name you like but at the end of the day they're a spy.

Why is it so far fetched? You think spies look like James Bond? You think their cover would be easily blown? If you think this then you really are naive.

Consider it, just for a moment, if a government installed people to subvert a cryptocurrency, how do we screen for that? It's very difficult, right? Is it likely to happen? - given the current war on cash / terrorism and so on, the obvious answer is yes indeed, it's entirely plausible.

Perhaps you've already forgotten the "accidental bugs" that have previously worked their way into Sendmail, SSL and other critical components of the Internet. Why would you think that such things are completely benign?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

Conspiracy Theory Version 352 :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GrandMasterDash

You don't have to prove it but I would at least expect you tell us why it is not plausible.

6. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

because we are a tiny project in the great schemes of things
    80-100 Mill MartketCap - come on - great definitely - compared to BTC or US$ = fly on the wall

"kot being one of them e.g. his involvement with Coinfirm"
    confirm is mining metadata with or without us (said many times before) and so are all other companies from that corner of the market - they mine data to make money - this has nothing to do with us or kot giving them access to anything - they mine that straight from blockchain - and ? so let them - keep mixing and they can mine whatever they want
    kot or any other "spy" can not help them doing a 'better' job - the code is the code and mixing is mixing
    done

might they have some sleeper cell sitting around somewhere ?
    maybe / doubt it - and so does any other sh..tcoin and paid troll and whatnot - 1 'enemy' more or less does not matter to me

the inner core team still is 90% members from 3 years ago - i double doubt that back then some government spy put all the work in to get involved 'core team' level with some new crypto startup which eventually might develop into something (or not)
    and the other couple newer members are well trusted and background checked (i know that does not mean anything)

bottom line you can spin these kind of theories or conspiracy theories as far as u want (each way) and there is no end to the madness or rabbithole
    i for sure can say that i have been here a long time , have nothing to hide, trust the team 100% and if something 'stinks' or not makes sense i am one of the 1st to scream and probably the loudest - a good team trusts each other and parallel checks each other on a constant bases - exactly what we are doing here !
    this is really all i have to say to this ;)

• Like Like x 5
  7. GrandMasterDash

In case you haven't noticed, dash is #7 by marketcap and everyone here is very excited / enthusiastic about it. You want me to believe you are not so hopeful for this project? ... that if you can be hopeful of such big success, why not a government?

8. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

lol - sure i am hopeful - otherwise why would i still be here every day cranking away

'why not the government' .... sure if u wanna believe so :rolleyes: .... so what now ?
    shut it all down , there might be a 'spy' in our mids somewhere ?
    come on .... enough movie talk for 1 morning ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. GrandMasterDash

Not at all, simply what I've said at the beginning of this thread.. that governance with the checks and balances is more important than some fluffy statement that Core's heart is in the right place. Without the checks and balances dash is open to corruption, with or without the government's help.

10. bertlebbert

bertlebbert Active Member

Thank you, I was wondering about that. That ponytail? And I detect an eastern European accent - he might even be KGB... :cool:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX

If someone has been paid 44 dash for 3 hours, and you ask him a question and he spends 15 minutes to answer to you, how much should you pay him?
    I ll tell you, it is 3.6 dash per 15 minutes. Or 0.24 dash per minute.

There are three big categories of citizents living into the Timocratic city of Dash:
    The first category are the employees (like amanda, tungfa, mococooo, Kot , babygiraffe, Udgin e.t.c.) who are paid with a salary and/or with bonuses for whatever they are doing into the city.
    The second category are the advertisers, those who post Dash related messages to reddit, to facebook or to whatever internet site, and the marketeers are paying them some dash tips per message.
    And then there is the third category, the naive ones, who offer their work for free.

I spend 3 minutes to answer to your question, and I gave you a very insightful answer that may result for you to change your naive character.
    So you owe me 0.75 dash.

#11 demo, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  12. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

tfh.png

13. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

According to your definition I'm one of the paid employees. From the budget for the core team I got 78 DASH (as most others do) per month last year.

In my other (professional) life for 78 DASH you could hire me for slightly more than HALF a day.

As I work less on Dash now it'll be reduced to 20 DASH per month or so.

So, from a salary point of view I'm working for free here.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

I guess this all was bound to happen, the more successfull Dash becomes the more likely certain trolls that we know from other forums will move to this forum as well
    and try to disrupt it. Personally i think its not very smart to do it in the official announcement part of this forum but they most likely feel pressured to
    disrupt it in any way possible.

If we were to hold a molehunt, we would most likely end up hunting some Monero trolls.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Trolling Trolling x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  15. GrandMasterDash

Yeah, and I guess it was bound to happen that Evan could switch off payments without any of you challenging it. And you have the cheek to mark my posts as trolling for doing so. But I aint bothered, one day it will come back to bite ya and I'll be lmfao.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  16. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    And not only switch off the payments. Here follows the list of what Evan and the core team can change (or switch off) any time at all the 4271 running masternodes, without asking anyone about it:

#define SPORK_2_INSTANTX_DEFAULT 978307200 //2001-1-1
    #define SPORK_3_INSTANTX_BLOCK_FILTERING_DEFAULT 1424217600 //2015-2-18
    #define SPORK_5_MAX_VALUE_DEFAULT 1000 //1000 DASH (<---this is the masternodes collateral)
    #define SPORK_7_MASTERNODE_SCANNING_DEFAULT 978307200 //2001-1-1
    #define SPORK_8_MASTERNODE_PAYMENT_ENFORCEMENT_DEFAULT 4070908800 //OFF
    #define SPORK_9_MASTERNODE_BUDGET_ENFORCEMENT_DEFAULT 4070908800 //OFF
    #define SPORK_10_MASTERNODE_PAY_UPDATED_NODES_DEFAULT 4070908800 //OFF
    #define SPORK_11_RESET_BUDGET_DEFAULT 0
    #define SPORK_12_RECONSIDER_BLOCKS_DEFAULT 0
    #define SPORK_13_ENABLE_SUPERBLOCKS_DEFAULT 4070908800 //OFF

This is of course only what I have read into the opensource code (and I have not read all the code yet). Additionaly, there are also the compiled binaries where no independant tester has ever checked them whether more hidden sporks exist there or not. I wonder why the masternodes owners, while they keep voting and paying for marketeers for feasts and for conferences, why they have not yet asked an independant tester to check the masternode binaries for hidden sporks or even worst for password stealer trojans.

The trust the masternode owners put in the core team, seems suspicious to me. Trust , but verify should be the rational thing to happen.

#16 demo, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    demo
    This message by demo has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Trolling Trolling x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

looks like our little molehunt is over before it even started ...:(

#17 qwizzie, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  18. wackyD

wackyD Member

Have you been taking your pills lately? I mean ALL of them - don't skip on medication

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    I dont know whether @GrandMasterDash has been taking his pills lately.

But you have certainly took all your pills. The fourteen pills, the expired ones, the pink ones, those marked with a cross encircled with horns. Keep taking them with a spork, otherwise you may become a Dash infidel.

For your pleasure, here you are some more pills:

[​IMG]

#19 demo, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Old Old x 1
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  20. GrandMasterDash

Can't help it if you're ignorant to the world around you, but you should at least do your own research.

21. GrandMasterDash

Watch out, they'll soon disable comments for this forum as well... that should set off some alarm bells.

And they'll mark posts as "trolling" in the hope that critical comments are not easily seen.

#21 GrandMasterDash, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    GrandMasterDash
    This message by GrandMasterDash has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Trolling Trolling x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  22. fernando

fernando Powered by Dash
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Moderator

That other section has no replies because the idea is that someone who doesn't want to spend a lot time researching for information will be able to go there and check everything fast without diving into discussions. One thread per project with just updates by whoever is responsible for that project. Replies won't be disabled in any other part of the forum.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    The latest news of a project can appear by editing the first message of the thread.
    Disabling the comments is a really bad practice, and such a tactic will result the end of dash.
    Nobody respects the censors, and the community will disappear.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  24. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    And who is the first person who dared to post something in this forum while denying the comments below?

@Minotaur the lamassu project manager did it, here. And then @babygiraffe (the core team employee who judges whether the money of the budget should be paid or not) follows the same tactic, and he keeps posting into the same place where the alternative opinions cannot be heard.

#24 demo, Jan 13, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  25. fernando

fernando Powered by Dash
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Moderator

I don't like to disable replies, but in this case it is done with a reason. I don't like your idea either because editing posts can make replies unintelligible.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    There is no reason to disable replies. No reason at all. It is tottaly irrational. Everyone who refuses to hear or to respect the alternative opinions, he comes to a bad end.

If you want intelligible replies, you can use a forum that supports a 100% threaded discussion (like reddit) instead of a flat discussion like this one. In this case, below the project announcement there is not a flat discussion, but more than one threaded-replies. And this makes the discussion intelligible whatever edits may be done in the first post. Additionaly, in some well designed forums all the messages (including the first one) may support wiki funcionalities and edit history, so everything that is edited can be transparent.

#26 demo, Jan 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  27. Walter

Walter Active Member

Congrats Dude!! you just volunteered yourself to develop the new Dash.org forum... All you have to do is submit an 'intelligible proposal' to the Dash community and I'm sure the Masternode Operators will vote it through... All it'll cost is 5 Dash... Can I count you in??!

Intelligibly,

Walter

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  28. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:

No .

As long as I am OFFERING to the community and I am not spending for nothing the community's money like some others are doing (lamassu, employees, marketeers, advertisers. laywers e.t.c), I expect my proposals to be able to enter into the budget system for FREE.

So, No again.

I am not giving you a penny, not even 5 dash. It is already TOO MUCH that I am talking to you and trying to enlighten you and make you clever.

#28 demo, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    • Trolling Trolling x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    And as log as your avatar shows someone pointing to the forum readers with a gun, this is also dedicated to you.

• Trolling Trolling x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  30. Walter

Walter Active Member

THAT'S OVER THE LINE!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1