Introduce the 13 operators that own 3000 masternodes.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
The community decided. Transparency wins privacy.

So let me introduce you the 13 operators that all together own more than 3000 masternodes.
After I analyzed the masternodes big data (which is small data actually :p ) here you are the results.

1. United States, Ashburn Masternodes: 488
  2. Netherlands, Amsterdam Masternodes: 423
  3. Lithuania, Vilnius Masternodes: 381
  4. France, Roubaix Masternodes: 336
  5. Japan, Tokyo Masternodes: 231
  6. Germany, Waldbrunn Masternodes: 214
  7. Germany, Frankfurt Masternodes: 185
  8. Russian Federation, Saint Petersburg Masternodes: 160
  9. Canada, Beauharnois Masternodes: 158
  10. United States, Los Angeles Masternodes: 153
  11. Costa Rica, San Jose Masternodes: 128
  12. United Kingdom, London Masternodes: 126
  13. United States, Matawan Masternodes: 111
From now on I will have a closer look at them, and name them according their serial number (operator1, operator2 e.t.c.)

Last edited:

alex-ru

Grizzled Member
Dash Support Group
Jul 14, 2014
Are you creating the Rating of most popular VDS-providers/datacenters? :)

But we already have it: ;)

But datacenters don't "own" Masternodes.
Masternode operators can change hosting for their Masternodes in... 1 hour? 2 hours? :)

Hosting of Masternodes isn't "Chinese mining farms" - operators can change location of their Masternodes cheap, quickly and easily... when it is needed.

Last edited:

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
No my friend. Once again you are wrong.
It is not the VDS provider or the company or the hosting that matters.
It is the location that matters.

We have 13 locations, that own more than 3000 masternodes.

1. United States, Ashburn Masternodes: 488
  2. Netherlands, Amsterdam Masternodes: 423
  3. Lithuania, Vilnius Masternodes: 381
  4. France, Roubaix Masternodes: 336
  5. Japan, Tokyo Masternodes: 231
  6. Germany, Waldbrunn Masternodes: 214
  7. Germany, Frankfurt Masternodes: 185
  8. Russian Federation, Saint Petersburg Masternodes: 160
  9. Canada, Beauharnois Masternodes: 158
  10. United States, Los Angeles Masternodes: 153
  11. Costa Rica, San Jose Masternodes: 128
  12. United Kingdom, London Masternodes: 126
  13. United States, Matawan Masternodes: 111

And this is a very important information.;)

Last edited:

alex-ru

Grizzled Member
Dash Support Group
Jul 14, 2014
It is the location that matters.
We have 13 locations, that own more than 3000 masternodes.
I don't understand you.

Masternode is hosted on Server. Server is located in Datacenter. Datacenter has specific Address (so - has location). And what "special" does it mean for you?
It doesn't mean that "location" "owns" :D any Masternodes...

I can change location of my Masternodes every hour! And none of these locations will "own" Masternodes. I own them, and control them - Only I decide where they will be tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and so on.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
I don't understand you.

Masternode is hosted on Server. Server is located in Datacenter. Datacenter has specific Address (so - has location). And what "special" does it mean for you?
It doesn't mean that "location" "owns" :D any Masternodes...

I can change location of my Masternodes every hour! And none of these locations will "own" Masternodes. I own them, and control them - Only I decide where they will be tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and so on.

My poor friend. The more you change locations, the more people have a copy of your masternode, and the more you are pwned!:p

They dont answer to simple questions. They dont want you informed. Do you think they will answer to complicated questions? Do you think that they will give you the right information?

Last edited:

alex-ru

Grizzled Member
Dash Support Group
Jul 14, 2014
"copy of your masternode"
What is "copy of Masternode"? :D
Looks like you do not understand what is Masternode and how it works? Masternode is standard wallet on server ("copy" of any other wallet in decentralised network) but with specific configuration file.
You can't run several "copies of Masternode" with only 1 collateral of 1000 DASH - network will accept only one "copy of Masternode" - the last one that made "Masternode Start-..." command by it's owner from his local wallet with private key.

Please read some MN manuals to understand how it all works.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
What is "copy of Masternode"? :D
Looks like you do not understand what is Masternode and how it works? Masternode is standard wallet on server ("copy" of any other wallet in decentralised network) but with specific configuration file.
You can't run several "copies of Masternode" with only 1 collateral of 1000 DASH - network will accept only one "copy of Masternode" - the last one that made "Masternode Start-..." command by it's owner.
And the owner is the one who holds the private key. Correct?
And where this private key is stored physically?

alex-ru

Grizzled Member
Dash Support Group
Jul 14, 2014
And the owner is the one who holds the private key. Correct?
And where this private key is stored?
Private key is stored in Masternode owner's local wallet (on his computer).
Of course no private key is stored on Servers on distant hosting servers (in datacenters, "locations"). Otherwise lots of 1000 DASH collaterals would be stolen at the moment.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
Private key is stored in Masternode owner's local wallet (on his computer).
Of course no private key is stored on Servers on distant hosting servers (in datacenters, "locations"). Otherwise lots of 1000 DASH collaterals would be stolen at the moment.
And how your local wallet communicates with your masternode?

alex-ru

Grizzled Member
Dash Support Group
Jul 14, 2014
Is your local wallet always online?
No. Local wallet (with private key) goes online only 1 time - to Start Masternode (on distant server, "location").
And then you can switch local wallet off - distant Masternode will work without private key online (until you spend collateral or restart your Masternode on another distant Server (another location).

Please read about it here https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/masternode-guides.66/

Reactions: UdjinM6

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
No. Local wallet (with private key) goes online only 1 time - to Start Masternode (on distant server, "location").
And then you can switch local wallet off - distant Masternode will work without private key online (until you spend collateral or restart your Masternode on another distant Server (another location).
My poor friend. The more you change locations, the more people have a copy of your masternode, the more your private key is exposed, and the more you are pwned!:p

They dont answer to simple questions. They dont want you informed. Do you think they will answer to complicated questions? Do you think that they will give you the right information?

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
I ll tell you that.
The randomness is not random.
So your private key is exposed.

alex-ru

Grizzled Member
Dash Support Group
Jul 14, 2014
They dont want you informed.
I am informed, but you don't want to read https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/masternode-guides.66/ - those contains all answers on you questions and fears.

So if you don't want to learn - just trust that it is impossible to made "copies of Masternode" :D.
If it were possible - many people would run copies and multiplied payments (several times). but this does not happen.

Reactions: UdjinM6 and bhkien

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
I am informed, but you don't want to read https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/masternode-guides.66/ - those contains all answers on you questions and fears.

So if you don't want to learn - just trust that it is impossible to made "copies of Masternode" :D.
If it were possible - many people would run copies and multiplied payments (several times). but this does not happen.
They are making copies of your masternodes. Non working copies, but copies. And usefull copies, for those who want to expose you.

My poor friend. The more you change locations, the more people have a non working (but usefull) copy of your masternode, the more your private key is exposed, and the more you are pwned!:p

Last edited:

alex-ru

Grizzled Member
Dash Support Group
Jul 14, 2014
They are making copies of you masternodes. Non working copies, but copies. And usefull copies, for those who want to expose you.
Worse, they made copies of all of us, and now send these copies to the Mars! Be careful, the most reliable way to protect - hara-kiri!

alex-ru

Grizzled Member
Dash Support Group
Jul 14, 2014
If you are informed, could you please answer to the simple question first?
Then comes the complicated one.

You do not want to learn and to read even "for dummies" explanations and manuals, and you want me to teach you personally? :)

I will not do that (and I am pleased that the members of the team do not spend time on it), as there is the proverb "fool can ask more questions than 100 wise men can respond."

If you are too lazy to read, you have 2 choices: Believe it or not. :)
Good luck. ;)

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
You do not want to learn and to read even "for dummies" explanations and manuals, and you want me to teach you personally? :)

I will not do that (and I am pleased that the members of the team do not spend time on it), as there is the proverb "fool can ask more questions than 100 wise men can respond."

If you are too lazy to read, you have 2 choices: Believe it or not. :)
Good luck. ;)
I am not reading your manuals or your explanations, my poor friend.
Despite of what most of you are doing, I detest the manuals and I am reading the code.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
Hosting providers does not equal Masternode owners. This thread seems a little twisted.
who is the mastenode owner?
The one who holds the private key of the 1000 dash collateral wallet?
Or the one who holds the masternode private key and he is able to vote?

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
If you are informed, could you please answer to the simple question first?
Then comes the complicated one.

Still nobody answers to my questions. Your only answer is your rating. Trolls you are, troll is the rating you are casting. This a known tactic, the same tactic is applied also to the lamassu project. We do not answer, we bury the important information and the important questions below tons of info-garbage (produced constantly by amanda, tungfa and the rest marketeers) and we pretend that the problem does not exist.

After all, who cares about security? Who cares about decentralization? Who cares about voting consistency? Convenience is the only thing you care.

A typical ignorant asks:
Hi,
I want to get a dash masternode and Im probably going to get someone to run it for me. They create a dash masternode key for me after I tell them the public address, and they can run the node for me after they send me the masternode.conf file.
There is no risk to my dash/coins in doing it this way, right?
...and one of the trolls that troll-rated me (@flare) answers:

Yes, thats the correct process, no risk for your coins involved.
You send them the address, they return masternode.conf with IP and masternode key, you issue a "masternode start-missing", done.
No risk for his coins? Really?
And what about the risk for his masternode?
Does it really belongs to him when others know the masternode private key?

Last edited:

flare

Administrator
Dash Core Team
May 18, 2014
Germany
No risk for his coins? Really?
Really.

To be honest: I don't think you understood how masternodes work on protocol/process level.

Since you refuse to read the manual and i am not willing to dig through the code for you, I'd suggest you start playing around at our testnet where you can have tDash for free and you can have your very own (test)masternode yourself - including a (test)vote.

And what about the risk for his masternode?
Define "risk".
Risk of loosing his 1000 Dash? Zero, as the key is not shared.
Risk of someone using his vote? Present, as the key is shared. But since the key can be revoked/changed i don't see a risk here.

Does it really belongs to him when others know the masternode private key?
If you read the manual/code, you will notice that there are TWO private keys:

1) private key for the 1000 Dash, known only to the coin owner (aka masternode owner)
2) private key for masternode, known to coin owner AND server owner

So someone who has the "masternode private key" does not possess the masternode - he has the ability to vote though.

Re. marking you posts as trolling: I'll continue to do so as long as i feel your posts are nothing more than that: trolling.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
Really.

To be honest: I don't think you understood how masternodes work on protocol/process level.
Since you refuse to read the manual and i am not willing to dig through the code for you, I'd suggest you start playing around at our testnet where you can have tDash for free and you can have your very own (test)masternode yourself - including a (test)vote.
I understand how the Dash protocol should work. And in theory yes, the private key of the coins is not compromised. This is what you claim. But I am cautious with your claims.

Dont take it personally, but I dont believe your claims, I dont even believe your opensource github code. It is not enough for me to read all your source code, then download it and compile it. There is also another step. Only after I download the executables you provide and pass them through an assembler and a packet sniffer searching for my private key, I will be convinced that your protocol works as it should work and as you claim it works. A few people compile their code from scratch , the vast majority uses the executables you provide without bothering with compilations. So if you want to cheat, the easy way is to keep the open source correct, keep the test versions correct, and infect the executables of the stable version with password stealer trojans.

So the question is:

Has an independant tester ever tested (with an assembler and a packet sniffer) your stable version executables, searching for PWS (password stealer) trojans infections ?

If not, why not? Why nobody has ever proposed such a proposal in the budget system?

Define "risk".
Risk of someone using his vote? Present, as the key is shared. But since the key can be revoked/changed i don't see a risk here.
What happens between the time someone steals the vote and the time the vote is revoked/taken back? And what if this inbetween time is the budget payment time?

And what about the lurkers, the people who dont care to vote. Dash network has a lot of them, and as long as they are lurkers I think they dont really care if someone uses their vote or not.

You claim that you take extreme precautions in order to protect your coins' privatekey, but you dont care at all for your votes' privatekey. This is tottaly wrong. Because by using your vote, you can pass an appropriate proposal in the budget, which can change the Dash protocol itself and that way confiscate the coins. So the voting privatekey is much more important than the privkey of the coins. But you expose it severely and you take no precautions in order to protect it from (temporary) theft or misuse.

Last edited:

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
@demo=troll
No, the demo is not the troll. The demo, and all the testbeds, are usually correct. The troll resides in the stable version executables.

Those executables may (or may not) are infected with PWS trojans, but the trolls never ask an independent tester to check them, neither they want a relevant testing proposal to pass from the budget system. They prefer to pay the marketeers to fill the internet with garbage-info about how great dash is, so that the dash deficiencies to never being heard by the masses.

But this is not the correct way for a digital cash that wants to survive in the future to evolve. The correct way is to pay an anti-core team, a team that will have the mission to attack the core team and reveal all their wrongs and errors.

Last edited:

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
...I dont even believe your opensource github code. It is not enough for me to read all your source code, then download it and compile it. ... So if you want to cheat, the easy way is to keep the open source correct, keep the test versions correct, and infect the executables of the stable version with password stealer trojans...
It is enough to make sure binaries are ok and no code was changed or injected because official builds are deterministic.
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/master/doc/gitian-building.md
Grab the exact same tag which was used to build binaries on https://www.dash.org/downloads/ page, compile via gitian, compare - they should match byte by byte i.e. even hashes should match no matter when you build it.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
It is enough to make sure binaries are ok and no code was changed or injected because official builds are deterministic.
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/master/doc/gitian-building.md
Grab the exact same tag which was used to build binaries on https://www.dash.org/downloads/ page, compile via gitian, compare - they should match byte by byte i.e. even hashes should match no matter when you build it.
"Gitian is not perfect. In fact, many who have tried the build system have remarked that it is not even close to deterministic (and that for this and other reasons 'Reproducible Builds' is a better term). In fact, it seems to experience build failures for quite unpredictible reasons related to bugs in one or more of qemu-kvm/LXC, make, qcow copy-on-write image support. These bugs are often intermittent, and simply restarting the build process often causes things to proceed smoothly. This has made the bugs exceedingly tricky to pinpoint and diagnose.

Gitian's use of tags (especially signed tags) has some bugs and flaws. For this reason, you have to verify signatures yourselves after input fetching, and provide gitian only with explicit commit hashes for the input source repositories."

Gitian supports only debian. What about MacOs, or win32/win64 builds?