Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

DashForce_Tips Contest Thread: Help Dash to Win Dash

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mastermined, Dec 9, 2016.

1. mastermined

mastermined Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Dash Force Post Contest:
    Help Dash to win Dash

Find a "new" pro Dash Article/Video/Poll and post it in r/dashpay & /r/cryptocurrency & One other place and win $2.
    Post the links to your r/dashpay, /r/cryptocurrency etc in the #dashforce_post channel, not the original article. If it has already been posted to any of those 2 then post it to steemit, twitter or facebook. You need to post it in at least three places to win.
    *Tag with #dash_force At the bottom of the articles you post, Post in the title if it is just a link.
    *Don't tag #dash_force in r/cryptocurrency or it will be deleted!

Example: Click the "Submitting a text post" link
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/5zb0ea/reciprocity_is_the_key_to_growing_cryptocurrency/

*Limit: $4 per day, $12 per week per user
    *Tips will not apply to paid/sponsored mass press release type articles. Tips will also not apply to mass syndicated/unoriginal/reprinted articles.

Dash Nation slack invite
    http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

#dashforce_post slack channel
    https://dashnation.slack.com/messages/C4HQRN9MY/mentions/

Main #dash_force slack channel
    https://dashnation.slack.com/messages/dash_force/details/

Dash Force Meetup & Presentation Contest:
    https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashforce-meetup-presentation-contest.12802/

Dash Force YouTube Contest:
    This month Dash Force is launching a new contest to reward the top 5 Dash YouTube videos and channels. The the top 5 YT videos and/or channels will each receive 1 Dash apiece at the end of the payment cycle. To enter please post your videos to the Dash Force News Facebook channel to make sure we don't miss it. We will also be checking YT regularly for Dash related videos and interviews. Starts June 4th
    https://www.facebook.com/dashforcenews

Dash Force MVP Contest 2.0:
    Most Valuable Players

Dash Force is continuing the MVP contest this month to show our appreciation to members who go above and beyond in the Dash ecosystem.
    Originally the MVP contest was exclusively for people who participated in the Dash Force related task but will now be Extended to the whole Dash community.
    The top 5 most Active and Valuable members of the community will each win 1 Dash!!!

Dash Force Testnet Contest: Paused, check back soon!
    Earn dash each week for doing the testing
    https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...read-help-dash-to-win-dash.12172/#post-111179

Dash Force Testnet Contest Q&A Thread
    https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashforce-testnet-contest-q-a.12698/

Dash Force Bitfinex contest: Ended

The Dash Biz Dev team has tasked Dash Force with getting some traffic over to Bitfinex. They have just fired up Dash trading pairs again and need some liquidity on the buy side.
    Here is how it will work...
    https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...read-help-dash-to-win-dash.12172/#post-116101

Dash Force Wall Of Coins Contest: Ended
    The Dash Biz Dev team has tasked DashForce with getting some traffic over to Wall Of Coins. They recently added Dash trading pairs and need some liquidity on the sell side.
    Here is how it will work, if you sell $1000 of Dash or more you will receive a 1 Dash tip, $500 gets you .5, $250 .25 and anything higher than $100 gets you a .1 Dash tip.
    The rules: Place a sell order and then wait for it to get fulfilled, then take a screenshot of that. Upload your screenshot in the #dashforce_woc slack channel and we will send you your reward. Simple as that! Our budget for this contest is 10 Dash!
    *Limit 1 Dash Reward per account
    *Entries only valid starting after 3-22-17

Example:
    http://imgur.com/kUO1DAS

Wall of Coins
    https://wallofcoins.com

Dash Force tips for anyone who finds a bug here....

https://www.dash.org/
    Report it in the #dash_force slack channel and more importantly here....
    New website discussion
    https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/new-website-discussion.8666/

#1 mastermined, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2017 at 2:31 AM
  2. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX

Is there a list on how many dash tips you gave, to what DASH addresses, and for what reason?

3. mastermined

No that is not feasible. Most tips go to the tipbots on slack or reddit......

Here is our public tip addresses posted for transparency. We will not keep an account of where every little tip went but you will see most of them in Slack and Reddit. Any leftover funds will be sent to the Dash core team tip fund at the end of the proposal cycle.

mastermined - XpbDuQ3xZhHwNGgsy59tuZqzUnMkEZJ8PG
    tao - XuoXzzjSzQXPMa6hQ2i9K1JaRkM5XJVqaJ
    splawik21 - XfDctWtdQGo2AxVSoJyYd7QqzXZrxRMA8r

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...zed-…-under-new-management.11208/#post-108950

4. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:

Dont worry, I discovered one list where small tips are mentioned.

https://dashnation.slack.com/messages/dashforce_tips/

Is there another?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. mastermined

You can see all the tips I have personally sent on slack or reddit. But no not all of them are in the dashforce_tips channel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. splawik21

splawik21 Well-known Member
    Dash Core Group Foundation Member

I am happy to announce that thanks to the Dashforce budget proposal we can focus on getting a solid Incentivized Dash testnet infrastructure implemented.

The idea is to put it to the stress test.

From the budget we have for this month, DF will put about 50 dash towards that goal which will be to incentivize all the test volunteers and supporters who help us test the many different aspects.

What is needed mostly at the moment is the testing of the budget proposals and voting on them, so we can imitate the mainnet as close as possible.

To incentives the volunteers the DF will tip every member activity in testing and we would like to see you do some or all of these like:

• mixing 1000 coins @ 8 rounds - repeat after the completion
    • Private sending
    • masternoding
    • mining with your CPU using the command `setgenerate true`
    You can get the testnet coins and all other info needed here or on dashnation slack too:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/testnet-tools-resources.1768/#post-110244

To get the tip simply put a screenshot of your activity on dashnation.slack.com on #df_testnet_contest channel - here you can get the invitation: http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

You can also ask question here on forum under this thread:
    https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashforce-testnet-contest-q-a.12698/

You can earn dash each week for doing the testing of all of these features or most of them and if you do it for 4 weeks and proved the screens we will choose 3-5 members who will win and get the rest of the coins as a prize for participating in testnet contest! Should be around $100+ each or more depending on participation rates and the current Dash price.

We hope to see your participation and let's earn some money simply by improving the network together!

#6 splawik21, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. mastermined

When you wake up you may also want to make a separate thread here to answer questions and stuff. Also post it to a few other places for exposure as well and i'm sure tao will be happy to tweet it out.
    Once i get done writing up my meetup contest i'll help out too where i can. Great job!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    Yes, definitely the testing needs a different thread.

I dont like this. Just a screenshot is not a proof.
    I think that you should also add "design testing", as long as Dash software has a lot of design deficiencies.

#8 demo, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  9. mastermined

Suggestions

10. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    We are talking about testing, and testing is like hunting. It doesnt matter if you go for hunting for hours, what it matters is to catch something. You should pay people only if they catch a bug, and if nobody catches a bug you should increase the award. And who judges what is a bug? An authority has to define an electorate, and let the electorate to vote what is bug and what is not. Or vice versa, an electorate has to define an authoritative committee , and let the committee to vote what is bug and what is not.

But if you dont want to award only the real testers and you insist of giving incentives also to the innocent validators, then testcases should be written and you should pay the validators whenever they post the videos performing those testcases (together with the relevant reports). And of course you should give incentives to people to write useful testcases, not to tell you also that incentives should be given additionaly to people who are proposing useful suggestions ;):p. And how "useful" can be defined? An authority has to define an electorate, and let the electorate to vote what is useful and what is not (or vice versa). Judging usefulness is a dynamic and never ending process, as long as something that is judged as non useful today, it may be re-judged as very useful in the near or in the distant future.

In short, NO, a screenshot means nothing and proves nothing. This design has significal flaws. When you design something, it has to be functional, workable and flawless. This is where design testing applies. Designers are not a superior race, their design should also be judged and tested and this is exactly what I am doing over here (although no incentives have been given to me or to anyone else in order to judge and test whoever tries to apply faulty designs into Dash).

#10 demo, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  11. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  12. mastermined

great suggestions demo. i think splawik's plan will work for now to get us started but you are right in that it will need to be improved as the testnet contest grows larger and larger.
    we don't want to make it too difficult to participate right out of the gates or we won't get any testers with the amount of funding/prizes we have. if we had 4 times the budget and were giving away larger prizes a more complex plan would work. maybe splawik can incorporate some of those ideas into this contest now without scaring too many people off. thanks for your input!

13. splawik21

Looks like I need to press: Show ignore content.

14. mastermined

15. splawik21

Hello everybody!

I`m happy to announce that the winners of the Dash Force Testnet Contest have been choosen!
    We`d like to thank you all who have partecipated more or less actively during the whole period of testing.
    We`ve found three users who have given their hearts into it and thats why they will receive 100$ in DASH!
    Congratulations guys!!!

@Defacto
    @t0dd
    @1fabunicorn

From the total budget which was destinated to incentivise the testers there are 33.15 dash left (the other funds were spent on the tips during the whole period of testing)
    At the moment of the writing 33.15 dash = 564.0 usd ( 1.0 Dash = 17.01 usd )
    33.15 - 17.63 = 15,52 dash left

We`ve decided to thank all the other partecipants and reward them as well from the amount left, just to show that in the community is the power!
    Thank you all again.
    Special thnx to @flare and @chaeplin our core developers for constant support!

The prizes will be sent shortly via Dashbot on slack.

@flare @chaeplin @philadashia @TanteStefana @thelazier @ichigo13 @med4u @speeco @ChurchOfNotNothing @jleony @pakis @roberto_azar @gustafx @moocowmoo @GNULinuxGuy @Lariondos

We`re looking forward to see you joining the next testing contest in the future!

Regards

The DashForce team!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  16. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator
    Dash Core Group Linguistic Foundation Member

Woot Woot! Congratulations! I can't wait for the next round of testing! But it's still an exciting week ahead, getting our spork on! Lets Do It !!!!

now, has anyone seen my trezor? I can't find it :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. Defacto

Defacto Member

Dash Address:
    Xj8PUS4r9vk5y8BvoovMoRpbhHXuW6uj5o
    Mega cool! :) I'm glad that i can help with tests.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    How is it possible to write such a long message, and write nothing? Τhe only essential thing that you should have said (but you didnt) is the method you followed in order to discover the winner of the prize.

So what the is reason you selected the specific guys, and not some other guys? Is it because they have given their hearts into it? Is this a serious reason?:rolleyes:o_O:confused:

Please, stop being vague and indeterminate and explain in detail the reason you gave the price to them, and not to some others.

#18 demo, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  19. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    Hey you!
    As long as @splawik21 didnt explain the reason you won the first prize, could you please tell us why you believe they gave it to you?
    What made you better than the rest candidates?

• Trolling Trolling x 1
  20. Defacto

Defacto Member

Dash Address:
    stop trolling. look at slack channel and it history. and what i've done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  21. t0dd

t0dd Member

Dash Address:
    XyxQq4qgp9B53QWQgSqSxJb4xddhzk5Zhh
    Thanks @splawik21 it was certainly a team effort. And many... many hours. :)

• Winner Winner x 2
  22. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    You are trolling. You won the prize, and no report at all has been presented! This is ridiculous.

You point to some obscure "slack channel and history" without even bother to give the url. This is double ridiculous. Your attitude reveals how sloppy was the procedure, in order to judge the prize winner.

#22 demo, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  23. Defacto

Defacto Member

Dash Address:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    It is very productive to define procedures that are not sloppy.
    It is also very productive to reveal the persons who like the sloppy procedures.

You were not supposed to answer my question, the people who defined the winner were.

Please, forget that you won the prize, and just think objectively.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  25. mastermined

DashForce Swarm Contest 2.0
    DashForce is starting a new swarm contest this month to show our appreciation to members who go above and beyond in the dashforce_tips slack channel. This will help grow the swarm faster and be more of a real completion than the original swarm contest. Only the top 3 most active participants will win the monthly prize of $100 each. Next month we will add 2 more winners (Top 5) who will each win $50.

Smaller tips will still be paid out to continue to build the swarm but only the top 3 will win the $100 monthly prize. The top 3 performers will be chosen by myself, Tao and Splawik21.

Dash Nation slack invite

dashforce_tips slack channel
    https://dashnation.slack.com/messages/dashforce_tips/details/

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  26. mastermined

DashForce Bitfinex contest:

The Dash Biz Dev team has tasked DashForce with getting some traffic over to Bitfinex. They have just fired up Dash trading pairs again and need some liquidity on the buy side.
    Here is how it will work, if you buy over $1000 in Dash you will get a 1 Dash tip, $500 and you get a 0.5 Dash tip. If you place an order that is higher than $250 you get a 0.25 tip.
    So, after you place your order take a screenshot of that. Then, once someone fills your order take a screenshot of that. Upload your screenshots in the #dash_force slack channel and we will send you your reward. Simple as that!
    Our budget for this contest is ~$500, so get over there quick and don't Slack :)
    Help us Make Bitfinex Great Again! ;)

Bitfinex
    https://www.bitfinex.com/trading/DSHBTC

Dash Nation slack invite

#dash_force slack channel

*This is not the major exchange that was announced last month, that is still in the works.

#26 mastermined, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  27. mastermined

The contest is now over!!!
    Thanks to everyone who participated, it was a lot of fun and maybe we can do it again, stay tuned.

A Total of 23 Dash was paid out

When the Biz Dev team (itscrazybro) first asked me to come up with a Bitfinex contest I informed them that even though it may sound easy to give away free money for participation in task it is surprisingly difficult. It is difficult to motivate people to put other important things on hold and take the time necessary to learn new platforms and procedures. It personally took me forever to join slack just because I did not want to take the time to set up yet another social media account and try to figure out how everything worked, but I'm so glad I finally did.

I told the Biz Dev team when we launched the original campaign that in order to fully motivate people we may need to double the prize budget to properly incentivize them. So that is exactly what we are going to do....

DashForce Bitfinex Contest: Reloaded & Doubled

The Dash Biz Dev team has tasked DashForce with getting some traffic over to Bitfinex. They have just fired up Dash trading pairs again and need some liquidity on the buy side.
    Here is how it will work, if you place a $1000 Dash order you will receive a 2 Dash tip, $500 and you get a 1 Dash tip, higher than $250 you get a 0.5 Dash tip.

So, after you place your Bid take a screenshot of that. Then, once someone fills your order take a screenshot of that. Upload your screenshots in the #dashforce_exchange slack channel and we will send you your reward. Simple as that!

Our budget for this contest is ~$1000, so get over there quick and don't Slack :)
    Help us... Make Bitfinex Great Again! ;)

Screenshot Example:

Limit Order/Bid Placed
    http://imgur.com/iG0yOvo

Order Executed
    http://imgur.com/IsixvuG

Bitfinex
    https://www.bitfinex.com/trading/DSHBTC

Dash Nation slack invite

#dashforce_exchange slack channel
    https://dashnation.slack.com/messages/dashforce_exchange/convo/C3D8LAJP8-1488830003.004590/

*Limit $1000 per account
    *This is not the major exchange that was announced last month, that is still in the works.

#27 mastermined, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Pedrokey

Pedrokey New Member

Hello! I registered a few days ago and I'm very happy of be part of this community.

I already participated in the contest and received my reward! Thank you very much

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Omnixau

Omnixau New Member

Great contest! Hope it helps Dash a lot!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. mastermined

The Winners of the February DashForce Swarm Contest are…..

1) @nibiruhybrid
    2) @thecoinwars
    3) @goobadoo @saikababii @solowhizkid

So as you can see we could not all come to an agreement on 3rd place and it was a 3 way tie. In light of this I have decided to add an extra $50 bonus so all the 3rd place winners will receive $50 each. Congratulations to all the winners!
    Next month we will be adding 2 more winners and prizes will be awarded to the top 5 most active participants. The top 3 will win $100 each and the final 2 will win $50 each.

Dash Nation slack invite

dash_force slack channel

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1