• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashForce Meetup & Presentation Program

mastermined

The network has decided to defund this program effective January 1st 2020.

Dash Force Meetup & Presentation Program:

These programs are meant to incentivize worldwide Dash meetups and presentations all in one place. This will help to avoid overwhelming the Dash budget proposal system and masternode owners with multiple meetup proposals every month. It will also help to standardize best practices so each Dash meetup is the best it can be.
Bonus: There will be a .25 Dash bonus if you host the meetup at a new Dash accepting merchant. Please list that new merchant on DiscoverDash.com

Basic Meetup Program:

If you want to earn some Dash for hosting a monthly meetup it’s easy. All you need is yourself and at least 4 other people.
If you have at least 4 people attend you will receive $25 plus $5 for every wallet you setup.
If you have at least 10 people attend you will receive $50 plus $5 for every wallet you setup.
If you have at least 20 people attend you will receive $100 plus $5 for every wallet you setup.
If you have at least 40 people attend you will receive $200 plus $5 for every wallet you setup.

The Rules
Host the meetup and give away $5 in Dash to every person who attends and installs a Dash wallet. Post 2-3 pictures showing people holding up their phone with a $5 transaction, this can be a group photo. If this is not done you will be disqualified!
Example: https://imgur.com/8bt7gQu Example 2: https://imgur.com/ALHcQ6X

2. Post screenshots of all the transactions.
Examples: http://imgur.com/8OR1BaW And http://imgur.com/PjpROwG

3. Provide us with the link to where you posted it at meetup.com or facebook or other social media, set this up before the meetup so anyone can attend. You will need to enter the location and time/day of the Monthly meetup and a brief description.

If you participate in a Dash meetup where other coins are also presented please follow the rules of the Wildcard meetup.

Wildcard Meetup:

If you host any kind of meetup that turns out great then please share and you will be rewarded. If you don’t wish to advertise the meetup on Facebook or elsewhere you can start with this meetup program. Exact funding is not guaranteed but we always help people out who try new and different things, just don’t give away a lot of money expecting reimbursement. Keep any giveaways to $2.50 per person for this meetup.
If you participate in Dash meetups where other coins are also presented please indicate so!

The Rules
Post photos of all the participants who received free Dash holding their phone up showing the transaction, a group photo is fine. If this is not done you will be disqualified!
Example: https://imgur.com/ALHcQ6X

2. Post screenshots of all the transactions.
Examples: http://imgur.com/8OR1BaW And http://imgur.com/PjpROwG

All entries need to be submitted no later than 24 hours before the end of the proposal cycle. Rewards will be given no later than one week after the proposal cycle ends.

Please post your receiving address at the bottom of your post.

*One meetup per month, per group.
If you are getting paid by another proposal to host meetups please don't double dip and enter our meetup program too.

Dash Wallets

https://www.dash.org/downloads/

USD Price converter
http://dash.price.exchange/
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/dash/usd

Handout
pvrmqffl.png

Please contact me @mastermined here or on Discord with any questions.
Dash Talk Discord Invite link: https://discordapp.com/invite/PXbUxJB

Last edited:
The first part of the meetup should cover how to work their wallet and how to back it up etc. / Make sure you take some pictures of the people with their new wallet and refreshments

what is wallet we must use? only original or we can use some of wallets? example, Dash wallet in exchanger service.. can we use? this is correct?

what is wallet we must use? only original or we can use some of wallets? example, Dash wallet in exchanger service.. can we use? this is correct?
An exchange is not a wallet! most people who have been around long enough have lost funds at a exchange (me included :(), so please, please, please... never store in an exchange and take out the funds as soon as possible. I understand that if you are a trader you need to have funds in exchanges, but at least know the risk you are taking.

As for your question, I can't speak for @mastermined, but I imagine that any real wallet is ok. You have a lot at dash.org/downloads.

Btw, @mastermined, great initiative. I encourage everyone to try. I have talked about Dash in a few meetups and it is a super fun experience.

I would say the hashengineering wallet for android just because it has instasend/instantX. Not sure about an IOS wallet. There is info at the link fernando posted about how to install the IOS wallet. I will post that link in the description.
https://www.dash.org/downloads/

IMO Installing Mobile Dash wallets isn't good idea for the people who just got known about Dash for the first time (it isn't Dash's strong point at the moment and can spoil whole presentation, very first impression):
1. We don't have working wallet for iOS.
2. To install on Android you have to remember password for GooglePlay and most people don't go to presentation with it.

Let's wait for Evolution for this requirement.

IMO Installing Mobile Dash wallets isn't good idea for the people who just got known about Dash for the first time (it isn't Dash's strong point at the moment and can spoil whole presentation, very first impression):
2. To install on Android you have to remember password for GooglePlay and most people don't go to presentation with it.

Not everyone has to install the wallet and get free Dash, just 5 people. Without that requirement this meetup contest does not work. People can still have meetups but Dash does not need to pay $100 to all of them. If you want to win ~$100 you will have to jump through some hoops or start small and work your way up.

1. The IOS wallet issues is a bit of a mess but we keep hearing that there is good news coming on that front via jaxx.

2. On my phones you just click on the googleplay app and it takes you to the store. Maybe I put in a password once when i first used it but i never had to enter a password since.

Looks like y'all had a great meetup. I Can't tell if all the requirements were met but it looks like most of them were. If we don't have 3 other meetups that meet all the requirements by the end of the budget cycle I will give y'all the 7.75 prize. Great job!

Next time please make sure you complete all the requirements if you want to win the contest. If not all the requirements are met you may still be eligible for smaller DashForce Tips.

I Added this to the contest....
"If not all the requirements are met you may still be eligible for smaller DashForce Tips."

Looks like y'all had a great meetup. I Can't tell if all the requirements were met but it looks like most of them were. If we don't have 3 other meetups that meet all the requirements by the end of the budget cycle I will give y'all the 7.75 prize. Great job!

Next time please make sure you complete all the requirements if you want to win the contest. If not all the requirements are met you may still be eligible for smaller DashForce Tips.

ok) thank you!
some the part of game you can see: http://explorer.dash.org/a/XqRpTKgRjL
i think that speaker must have 1-2 friends for support, good wi-fi, guest must have PC with them, level for use internet/pc/programs and [most important] They have to believe you. Many are afraid to install any software (wallet) on their computer))))

I will be having a Dash Crypto Meeting tonight: meetup.com/DashCryptoGroup in Suwanee, GA

I expect about 15 people. Getting the people to have five dash wallets on site is going to be challenging. I expect most will be newbies (I'm a fairly newbie to Dash myself). So I think it is reasonable for me to give the challenge out so they can:
1. Go home and install the Dash-QT Wallet on their computer and then
2. Send me an email with their Dash Receive code (which I will give you as evidence of the transaction) and
3. I will send them dash that way with my Dash Receive code (which I will give you) for them to send me a portion back.
4. I will list out each of the addresses for each person with the email they sent me and the transactions going back and forth.

This will take longer and I probably won't win the contest but this is the only way I can see of getting this done without an iOS wallet (I don't have Android at this time either). I guess that can be a subject of another Dash Crypto Group meeting: Dash Mobile Wallets

I had my Dash Crypto Group meeting last night and all went well! We had 11 people show up and 8 of them had Dash wallets (to my surprise!). So I served food, I have the five transactions that went back and forth. I took a video of the meeting which I plan on posting over the weekend (we went over two hours and I'm going to edit down to the interesting parts). I think I most people would rather not have their picture posted. I know you want pictures and I'm going to go into my video and see if I can get people that my camera caught. But I would rather keep these pictures off-line since most people probably don't want their picture posted publically.

Please let me know whatever else I need to do. I do have all of the dash transactions in my Dash QT wallet that shows the majority of transactions occuring during our meeting and one occurred at 12AM when he got home he sent the dash back to me :)

Here is an address you can send me the Dash reward to this address: XxdsYtv2EFvuuAh9zhpHH1waiBysRqZZGz [WooHoo]

Ps. I plan on having a monthly meeting of the Dash Crypto Group in Suwanee, GA on the third Tuesday from 6-8PM every month. See the website for details: meetup.com/DashCryptoGroup any and all are welcome! We have a GREAT group. I am quite excited about it.

I will be having a Dash Crypto Meeting tonight: meetup.com/DashCryptoGroup in Suwanee, GA

I expect about 15 people. Getting the people to have five dash wallets on site is going to be challenging. I expect most will be newbies (I'm a fairly newbie to Dash myself). So I think it is reasonable for me to give the challenge out so they can:
1. Go home and install the Dash-QT Wallet on their computer and then
2. Send me an email with their Dash Receive code (which I will give you as evidence of the transaction) and
3. I will send them dash that way with my Dash Receive code (which I will give you) for them to send me a portion back.
4. I will list out each of the addresses for each person with the email they sent me and the transactions going back and forth.

This will take longer and I probably won't win the contest but this is the only way I can see of getting this done without an iOS wallet (I don't have Android at this time either). I guess that can be a subject of another Dash Crypto Group meeting: Dash Mobile Wallets

i'll try and check all the info you guys posted tonight or tomorrow.

i'm making a few changes to the meetup contest for the next cycle. one will be that meetup entries will need to be submitted no later than 24 hours before the end of the proposal cycle. winners will be awarded the prizes one week after the new prop cycle starts.
also, i will be numbering the bullet point and contestants will need to use that format so i can easily check that each requirement has been met. requirements will be strictly enforced next cycle if you want to win the full contest amount. for those who don't meet all the requirements smaller tips will be given.

I had my Dash Crypto Group meeting last night and all went well! We had 11 people show up and 8 of them had Dash wallets (to my surprise!). So I served food, I have the five transactions that went back and forth. I took a video of the meeting which I plan on posting over the weekend (we went over two hours and I'm going to edit down to the interesting parts). I think I most people would rather not have their picture posted. I know you want pictures and I'm going to go into my video and see if I can get people that my camera caught. But I would rather keep these pictures off-line since most people probably don't want their picture posted publically.

Please let me know whatever else I need to do. I do have all of the dash transactions in my Dash QT wallet that shows the majority of transactions occuring during our meeting and one occurred at 12AM when he got home he sent the dash back to me :)

Here is an address you can send me the Dash reward to this address: XxdsYtv2EFvuuAh9zhpHH1waiBysRqZZGz [WooHoo]

Ps. I plan on having a monthly meeting of the Dash Crypto Group in Suwanee, GA on the third Tuesday from 6-8PM every month. See the website for details: meetup.com/DashCryptoGroup any and all are welcome! We have a GREAT group. I am quite excited about it.

sent 7.75

So the next meeting contest is going to have the same rules ... spread dash out to five participants ... take pics ... provide food ... etc. ? Also since this is tied to the budget proposal process what's a good link to track when that happens? And I assume you will just post everything to this thread about the contests to keep up with that (I'm tracking this tread). Thanks.

Back