• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Will mining Dash become profitable again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i do not sorry
I have neither.
If someone can ask @blissz at bitcointalk, whether he can compile a bitcoin wallet in this antminer, it would be nice. He definetely compiled cgminer, so why not a wallet?
I will ask him myself if nobody does, but not now, because I have to go.
Bye for now, and nice talking with you.

Look what someone did to his antminer D3

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2346161.0

The antminer obviously runs https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer , as long as @blissz did an update to it.

He is asking for ideas in his poll.
Maybe we should propose him, to compile a dash Masternode on it.
BTW thanks for this link, Im able to upgrade the D3 miner OS last night it seems to be stable. Better, feature more from original manufacturing, I silence the fan w/ ( noise 70% lower) lower chip temp and most of all lower power consumption. from 1200 - down to 700 - 800.....Great work for those who created the software!

If you have any Dash - Sell NOW !!!

If you have mining equipment running X11, then I say let it run !
Ok, you are not making any money, but then again, nobody else is either !
Sure, the big farms have way much more hashing power that you, but they also have much more investment than you too.
They have big investments that will eventually want to see some returns, otherwise they shut down.
My electricity cost are low, my Innosilicon A5 dashmaster is taking 850W, and its winter so I need the heat.

Keep mining, keep everybody unprofitable and eventually the big farms will give up long before the home rigs.
Once the farms give up, then we give up too, and Dash is history.

Well anyone can argue its currently profitable now if you are mining in China or Ireland. We have to define profitability then. Long term, it doesn't matter what price it is, it will always be unprofitable for small time miners who arent in cheap electricity areas of the world.

I say this because we have to consider continued increase in mining hashrate, people who are holding D3s and recently turned them off turning them back on, and any future ASIC creations later on adding to the network. A similar 3 month dump of ASICs by Bitmain would again increase difficulty by x30.

Short term, it would need to increase fourfold to ~$2500 to return half of what Bitcoin is offering, and ~$5000 for it to constitute any meaningful returns compared to Bitcoin in the next few months with current difficulty and ASIC dump.
So your saying that even if the miners got 100% of the block reward it wouldn’t be enough. So we need to increase the emission rate to ensure profitability.

It seems so... but they don't understand that it would simply kill the value of Dash and they would be even worse off.
Thankfully, miners don't decide the future of Dash.

If you have any Dash - Sell NOW !!!

If you have mining equipment running X11, then I say let it run !
Ok, you are not making any money, but then again, nobody else is either !
Sure, the big farms have way much more hashing power that you, but they also have much more investment than you too.
They have big investments that will eventually want to see some returns, otherwise they shut down.
My electricity cost are low, my Innosilicon A5 dashmaster is taking 850W, and its winter so I need the heat.

Keep mining, keep everybody unprofitable and eventually the big farms will give up long before the home rigs.
Once the farms give up, then we give up too, and Dash is history.

I personally dont care at all about Dash. But I do care very much about Dash community. So whatever is done, should have the goal to preserve the community and even increase its members.

I think it is a nice idea to turn the unused ASICs of the miners into masternodes. Evan is searching for GPU developers to join the core team, and a masternode into an ASIC is the same thing, as long as you get profit of its big processing power.

Miners should be able to become unofficial Masternodes, in order to be able to support the community in case of a hard fork of dash. The hard fork should be done at least temporarily and until the MNOs negotiate with the community and give voting rights to the stake holders and to the miners. And if they negotiate, then a blockchain merge may occur , in order to reunite the community.

Last edited:
Demo,
I understand your sentiment about theDash community.
However, do not let your blue-eyed innocence blind you to the reality of the situation.
Miners are being shafted, ( pun intended ! )

A community is only a community if everybody benefits to their contribution.
You cannot have a network supported by miners, and the profits being creamed off by the MN's

Miners deserve at least 90% payout for running the system, they are the ones carrying the full risk and putting their money up front !
Sure give the developers and NO's a share,
but not 45 : 45 : 10 !!!

You cannot have a network supported by miners, and the profits being creamed off by the MN's
Miners deserve at least 90% payout for running the system, they are the ones carrying the full risk and putting their money up front !
Sure give the developers and NO's a share,
but not 45 : 45 : 10 !!!

Of course, this initial hardcoded 45:45:10 is tottaly wrong.
The solution is all the actors to adaptively vote these numbers, using sliders.

The question "how much the politicians should be paid." is not a correct question. The correct question is "how much the politicians should be paid, as a percentage of the total budget, and what are the percentages you vote for other government expenditures?" . The citizents must have a clear view that the more they pay for a government expenditure the less remains for the rest government expenditures. And this cannot be seen when you ask them separate questions for each expenditure. You have to ask them for all the expenditures together, and with the help of sliders similar to the below.

7GUb2.png

range-slider-demo.png

He4U7.jpg

So your saying that even if the miners got 100% of the block reward it wouldn’t be enough. So we need to increase the emission rate to ensure profitability.

Correct, which is why I keep repeating that the only worthwhile investment in DASH is a masternode but its not going to be enough to tell people to just buy and hold the tokens while people who hold on to 1000 DASH are getting a payout for running a maintenance system that leaves them with an ROI of almost %6,000 in one year.

It seems so... but they don't understand that it would simply kill the value of Dash and they would be even worse off.
Thankfully, miners don't decide the future of Dash.

A difficulty jump, currently, of 52 million and 86 million is the difference between mining 32 DASH in one year and 13 DASH in one year with 150 GH/s (thats 10 antminer D3s). Get real, the emissions are busted for anyone mining this garbage algorithm. You really think solving that issue is going to break the DASH bank? LOL, at least IF we introduced more liquidity into the market by selling off all of our DASH, it'd be doing you a hella a lot more favors than your artificial restriction of supply.

IF we introduced more liquidity into the market by selling off all of our DASH, it'd be doing you a hella a lot more favors than your artificial restriction of supply.
I agree. Liquidity is the most important property of money. Dash should stop being a collectible item like gold, diamond, bitcoin, stamps e.t.c. and become real money, used in everyday transactions by ordinary people.

Dash liquidity is exactly what the fiat money spies are afraid of. Thats why they support (with their vote as masternodes) this artificial restriction of supply. The dash community, in order to get rid of the MNO fiat_money_spies, and offer more liquidity to the community, should decrease the masternode collateral fee. Unfortunately the way to convince MNOs to decide towards this direction, is to threat them with a hard fork. I mean, what else can the community do?

I searched the net for instructions on how you can hard fork bitcoin (and/or dash) but couldnt discover technical details on it. Did you find anything, any url explaining in technical terms how you can hard fork bitcoin?

Last edited:
Which is just as it should be, because we don't want to be Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is paralyzed by indecision for years and now had 3 (soon 4) hard forks which split the community.
I switched to Dash from Bitcoin just because I didn't like how Bitcoin functions.

Which is just as it should be, because we don't want to be Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is paralyzed by indecision for years and now had 3 (soon 4) hard forks which split the community.
I switched to Dash from Bitcoin just because I didn't like how Bitcoin functions.

You do realize anyone can create a fork off of a blockchain, right? You really think bitcoin god and bitcoin uranium are decided by some small sector of the community to support? LOL! This isnt indicative of successes or failures, but rather of different means to achieve the same end. As a matter of fact, its quite flattering when others create something off of your name in order to garner interest - Bitcoin Gold, which is by far the most useless out of all the forks, is still on track to do better than DASH with only a mere months of existence.

And again, you seem to be living in your own world - I don't think anyone is confused by what I mean by "would be Bitcoin"; Bitcoin is ran by miners, and look who you're trying to emulate now - DASH's survival is literally contingent of Bitcoin's demise, and honestly thats quite pathetic, because you don't have to worry about just one bitcoin, you have to worry about 3. The masses would move to another derivative, as it has been shown with Bitcoin Cash, before they ever move to one where half of the currency is controlled by hundreds of people.

I still don't understand why you even got into Dash? You don't seem to believe in its core principles which were plain to see and you could read about them before you invested anything.
Just searching for profit, I suppose, because at that time it seemed you could make more with the same investment than on some other coin.

I still don't understand why you even got into Dash? You don't seem to believe in its core principles which were plain to see and you could read about them before you invested anything.
Just searching for profit, I suppose, because at that time it seemed you could make more with the same investment than on some other coin.

Because I was just like you - head up in the clouds, thinking governance actually meant something for a digitial currency. Turns out, it just creates a system full of greedy owners who think they understand the best plan of action to see a currency to success when, in reality, theyre just looking for the same thing everyone else is - short term profits.

You seem to think you're immune to this rule for some reason, as you sit with retarded ROIs on a failing currency that codepends on other people being interested in achieving the same end of owning a MN and only ever sees success when everyone else is panicking about REAL DECENTRALIZED cryptocurrencies, and the lack of liquidity holding up prices once in a while. You don't care about its future, so you can get off the high horse.

You get to vote on a slush fund that you literally had no input in creating. If you had actually done any of the processes necessary to create the 10% budget you vote on, you wouldn't be voting on such retarded measures - but your disconnect and greed removes you from the reality of your own evangelistic message of DASH being the only hope for a future in cryptocurrency.

You vote for things because prices will rise, not because DASH is going to be a better, more robust currency, or because you think its necessary for a greater audience; you THINK you do, which is the funniest part, but clearly have no concept of audience retention when making these votes. Instead, you take money that you've never created and throw it to increase your own ROIs, create headlines and hype news to get a pump going on your money.

Can someone explain why it was important to spend $600,000 on a Zimbabwe project when half of the population doesn't even have electricity? Because it wasn't about doing anything over there, it was simply about creating a nice headline for the next pump. But yeah, miners are being greedy for asking for a positive ROI and higher emissions for the long-term sustainability of the DASH network's hashrate LOL.

My mission here, unless someone would LOVE to prove otherwise, is to prove just that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back