Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

v13.0 Testing

Discussion in 'Testing' started by codablock, Nov 10, 2018.

1. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

A few more remarks with regards to PrivateSend mixing :

I'm not sure if its due to the different versions on Testnet or if its a complication from using PrivateSend multi-session, but so far most of my wallets are showing "pending" amounts in the overview section after having mixed to 100%.
    These "pending" amounts wont clear, because certain PrivateSend Denominate transactions are not getting confirmed. So besides a few conflicted transactions, there are also unconfirmed transactions that are causing problems.

[​IMG]

The pending amount on my TestDash 2 wallet self-cleared somehow, but some of my other wallets (i have 6 in total) did not self-clear and have the pending amount still visible in the overview.
    Using "recover transactions 1" (zapwallettxes=1) gets these unconfirmed transactions re-added with a new date to mempool, but they are not getting confirmed and seem to actually mismatch with the number of transactions currently in mempool
    (for example i have 7 unconfirmed transactions, but mempool only shows 4 current transactions). Same problem with using "recover transactions 2" (zapwallettxes=2), they get re-added to mempool but not confirmed.

Update 1 : after 30 minutes some of my unconfirmed transactions that i re-added through "recover transactions 2" are now getting confirmed and the "pending" amount disappears in overview.
    I wonder if we could implement some kind of one-time check after a wallet hits 100% completion, to re-add any unconfirmed transaction to mempool automatically ?

Update 2 : example of a (for now) still unconfirmed transaction that was re-added to mempool 1 hour ago
    Transaction ID: 0a3617791873f64febcd81bc437c44ed2933166d3f9905d4f37641f52c842805

Other observations :

Keys get renewed during mixing when below 100 + automatic backup : working
    Mixing finishes and stops at 100% : working
    Mixing rounds can be set higher then 8 : working
    Multi-session mixing per block : working (although the advanced privatesend interface does get a bit crowded on overview with this option activated, because it shows the privatesend status messages of 4 mixing sessions. Personally i dont consider this a problem, they can always disable advanced privatesend interface)
    Mixing transactions confirm : partially working (got a few conflicted transactions and also some unconfirmed transactions during multi-session mixing)
    Memory Pool Usage : differs in kb per wallet (some match, some dont)
    When wallets get stuck in sync, it normally helps to close and restart them.

#31 qwizzie, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  2. qwizzie

InstantSend Autolock

I'm trying to test InstantSend lock on small normal transactions, using the sendmany command in debug console. So far i'm not seeing an instant lock indication.

Sending a small normal transaction (0.1 Dash) through the GUI (Send tab) also does not provide a lock indication in the transaction. It just confirms through Proof of Work in the normal way.
    Are these elements (https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/2433) not active yet in v0.13 ?

With regards to the picture of the lock that is used in above gitpull, maybe we could change it from a key to a lock figure ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(this is just an example to indicate what i mean with a lock figure, it will obviously need the same white background and green color as used with the key figure)

InstandSend

Creating a normal InstantSend transaction also fails

Status: 0/unconfirmed, in memory pool (InstantSend verification in progress - 3 of 40 signatures)
    Status: 0/unconfirmed, in memory pool (InstantSend verification failed)

Number of masternodes on network :

[​IMG]

PrivateSend

Sending a small privatesend transaction (0.1 Dash) causes a "not enough denominated funds" warning and sending a small privatesend transaction (0.2 Dash) causes a
    "a fee higher then 0.100000000 tDash is considered an absurdly high fee" warning

Update : when clicking "subcontract fee from amount" these problems dont occur, so it has something to do with how PrivateSend implements the fees.

Missing option during mixing

I seem to be missing an option during the start of mixing that enables you to mix "safely" as in that
    during mixing sessions the funds can not be exploited .. they are protected somehow.
    I dont see that option anymore.

Abandon Transaction

This option both in debug console and while right clicking on a transaction does not seem to work on newly created unconfirmed transactions.

In debug console you get : Transaction not eligible for abandonment (code -5)
    While rightclicking on a transaction the "abandon transaction" option more feels like an empty click, like that option is a filler for now.

Mempool

Inconsistent current number of transactions in mempool across wallets, while they are all in total sync (all of them show correct number of masternodes).
    They differ with each other with regards to current number of transactions in mempool.

Link : https://imgur.com/0RLW3VC

#32 qwizzie, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  3. codablock

codablock Member
    Core Developer

v0.13.0.0-rc4 is ready for testnet: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases/tag/v0.13.0.0-rc4

Please update your nodes. Testnet is getting better compared to the last days and syncing should be successful in most cases, as long as you have enough good (v13) peers.
    This release includes a new "DIP3 Masternodes" tab that shows all registered MNs. It also fixes an issue on Ubuntu where users were unable to do any keyboard inputs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. qwizzie

How many PS compatible masternodes are required again before InstantSend & Autolock can get activated ? Both are not working at the moment....

#34 qwizzie, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  5. xkcd

xkcd Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Dash Address:
    XpoZXRfr2iFxWhfRSAK3j1jww9xd4tJVez
    This post is a quick guide to help you get setup for testing this release.
    It assumes you already have DASH 12.3.3 installed on your system and this installation purposely avoids touching that install and your user data. This post is Windows centric.

Just in case backup your mainnet wallet.dat and masternodes.conf files !!!

Create a new directory somewhere on your computer. I will create it on my Desktop. Call it Dash-test
    You now have a directory with a path similar to this, note that User will be your username C:\Users\User\Desktop\Dash-test

In the Dash-test folder create a new folder and call it data double click that and in the data folder create a New Text document and edit it and add the following line
    Code:
    testnet=1
    Save the file and now rename it to dash.conf

Go back one directory to the Dash-test folder and load this page https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases/
    Find the latest version of 64 bit windows ZIP file, NOT the installer! Remember, you do not want to overwrite your regular 12.3.3 Dash! Example for RC4 is dashcore-0.13.0.0-rc4-win64.zip
    Download this zip and extract the contents into the Dash-test folder.

You should now have two folders in you Dash-Test folder, dashcore-0.13.0 and data.

Double click dashcore-0.13.0 and double click bin. Create a short cut to dash-qt.exe. Cut the shortcut and go back (up) two folders to Dash-test and paste it there. So the shortcut is now in the same place as the two dash folders, one from the zip and one that you created.

Edit the shortcut. You only have to change the Target. Make the target look like below, you will have to change User for your username when setting the -datadir.
    Code:
    C:\Users\User\Desktop\Dash-test\dashcore-0.13.0\bin\dash-qt.exe -debug=1 -testnet=1 -datadir=C:\Users\User\Desktop\Dash-test\data
    The important things here are the location of -datadir and -testnet=1 flag. We want to make sure this version of Dash stays well away from your mainnet Dash !
    Click Apply and OK. If your username has spaces in it, try putting the Dash-test on C:\ otherwise you need to put " around -datadir flag.

upload_2018-11-17_20-6-20.png

At this point if Windows allows you to save the shortcut it means it has no errors and you can double click it to start syncing and testing. Check that it is writing data to the data folder. You can ask in the #testnet channel on discord for some free tDASH.

Updating to latest RC

Shutdown the test wallet. Download the latest zip from the site above, extract the contents to the Dash-test folder, click Yes to overwrite/replace existing files. Launch the wallet using the Shortcut you created and note the version of the startup splash screen.

Cheers !

-X

• Like Like x 2
  6. qwizzie

Additional on the above post from xkcd :

adding -listen=0 in the shortcut (at target) lets you start multiple windows wallets. Each will need to have its own specific datadirectory and own specific folder to start the dash-qt,exe from.
    adding windowtitle=set_your_own_title in your dash.conf gives your wallet a specific name, so you can differentiate between multiple windows wallets.

Since all faucets are currently either dry or not working, you can also provide a receiving test address in here and we can transfer some tDash to you.

#36 qwizzie, Nov 17, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. qwizzie

Dutch translation looks good now, except for two existing issues :

Peers tab inside "Gereedschapsscherm" still contains a $ sign

[​IMG]

Click buttons description

-zapwallettxes=1: Herstelde transacties van de blocks(behoud metadata;bv.accounteigenaar)
    fix : -zapwallettxes=1: Herstel transacties van de blocks (behoud metadata;bv.accounteigenaar)

(it needs a space between "blocks" and "(behoud)"

-zapwallettxes=2: Herstel transacties vanuit de blocks (laat metadata vervallen)
    fix : -zapwallettxes=2: Herstel transacties van de blocks (laat metadata vervallen)

(this one is for consistency)

#37 qwizzie, Nov 17, 2018
  8. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Grizzled Member
    Foundation Member

Ugh, I was using the wrong version after all, OK, hope to get this running soon :D

When I test sentinel I get 1 error, and I installed it by following the instructions in the readme file. Thus I am worried I got main-net's version of sentinel instead of testnet's? This is my error, which I don't understand:

JSONRPCException: -342: non-JSON HTTP response with '401 Unauthorized' from server

venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bitcoinrpc/authproxy.py:187: JSONRPCException
    ===================== 1 failed, 22 passed in 0.60 seconds ======================

Went here: https://github.com/dashpay/sentinel/tree/develop

Followed directions, and downloaded like so:
    git clone https://github.com/dashpay/sentinel.git && cd sentinel

I think that's a mainnet download??

#38 TanteStefana, Nov 17, 2018
  9. TanteStefana

Foundation Member

Also, could someone send me some coins to mix? yebcSn2s3cdw75BQgiVV76itL1fAk5T6rW I'd like to fund a masternode

10. xkcd

xkcd Member

Dash Address:
    Yes, it is. Below are the correct instructions.
    Code:
    git clone -b develop https://github.com/dashpay/sentinel
    cd sentinel
    # Comment out or delete the mainnnet line and remove the # from the testnet line.
    nano sentinel.conf
    virtualenv ./venv
    venv/bin/pip install -r requirements.txt
    venv/bin/py.test test
    venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py

11. TanteStefana

Foundation Member

OK, I still got an error as before, but with the venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py command, I got this:

@Dash1:~/.dashcore/sentinel$ venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py
    -342: non-JSON HTTP response with '401 Unauthorized' from server
    Cannot connect to dashd. Please ensure dashd is running and the JSONRPC port is open to Sentinel.
    [email protected]:~/.dashcore/sentinel$ dash-cli getinfo

Perhaps I'm missing something in my dash.conf?

Yup, I thought I didn't need anything in dash.conf except testnet=1 but I see I need the full shebang :)

If anyone can send over 1000 tdash to my address in the post above, I can get a MN up and running :) Here again ;) yebcSn2s3cdw75BQgiVV76itL1fAk5T6rW

#41 TanteStefana, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  12. xkcd

xkcd Member

Dash Address:
    Hi @TanteStefana I sent you 1K tDASH to get your tMN started.
    https://testnet-insight.dashevo.org...e8e3a880c5088b9766de0c892f9293bd808704fa75a3d
    Can you meet me in Discord to troubleshoot this?
    Make sure that
    Code:
    dash-cli getblockcount
    returns 266838 or higher.
    Make sure your dash.conf has these lines and XXXXX filled out correctly, note for the RPC user/pass only use letters or numbers!
    Code:
    testnet=1
    rpcuser=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    rpcpassword=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
    listen=1 
    server=1
    daemon=1
    masternode=1
    masternodeprivkey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    externalip=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you that is OK, and you are syncing up correctly try
    Code:
    dash-cli mnsync status
    and make sure you tMN is synced, if that is OK. Start it from the 13.0 RC4 test wallet. Then try sentinel again. Meet me on discord, this forum is too hard for this sort of troubleshooting.

13. strophy

strophy Administrator
    Dash Core Team Dash Support Group Moderator

@qwizzie final fixes applied to Dutch. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  14. qwizzie

* Mempool problems are gone, all my wallets now show the same number of current transactions & same memory usage in mempool.
    (Mempool problem description : my wallets that were actively mixing yesterday showed a higher number of current transactions in mempool, then my wallets that were not mixing).

* InstantSend still not working, which means we can not currently view or test Automatic InstantSend for Simple Transactions & InstantSend transactions.

For those unfamiliar with Automatic InstantSend for Simple Transactions : https://blog.dash.org/product-brief-dash-core-release-v0-13-0-5d7fddffb7ef
    This will also include a special key figure inside these simple transactions, to indicate its locked through Automatic InstantSend.

* DIP3 Masternodes Tab : for testing it is nice to see the operator reward & address per masternode (if they set it), but for Mainnet showing the operator reward address could form a privacy issue when they set a different operator address then the mn pub address.
    If this operator reward field only ever show the MN pub address then its okay, as that is the same as Payee field which is public knowledge.

[​IMG]

#44 qwizzie, Nov 18, 2018
  15. xkcd

xkcd Member

Dash Address:
    @qwizzie Good to hear! For Auto IS, would we not require SPORK16 activated?

upload_2018-11-18_23-40-54.png

upload_2018-11-18_23-42-44.png

16. qwizzie

I was struggling with how to interpretate these spork values yesterday myself and ended up checking "spork show" on both mainnet and testnet to determine if value 0 ment active or not active.
    "spork active" command is much more clear in that area, so i will be using that for now on.. thanks.
    Looks like we need to indeed wait for activation of spork 16 to get AutoIS working, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. qwizzie

I spoke too soon, i put some wallets to perform mixing again today and they too end up with a higher number of current transactions in mempool, compared to those wallets that are not mixing.
    When there is a lot of mixing going on, that can speed up the difference in number of current transactions in mempool across wallets / users.

https://imgur.com/DcQyHEP
    https://imgur.com/HhDwFPl

#47 qwizzie, Nov 18, 2018
  18. dark-sailor

dark-sailor Member

Hi all,

Could I have some tdash plz

yReNEPubDyJmUB9RyoxEg3QwyPJ4NU7VcV

19. qwizzie

I sent you 50 tdash. If you need a specific amount to setup a test masternode let us know.

20. dark-sailor

dark-sailor Member

Thank you :)

21. qwizzie

Weird thing though : From page 1 post 1

Does this mean spork 16 should have been active since stage 3 ?

#51 qwizzie, Nov 18, 2018
  22. xkcd

xkcd Member

Dash Address:
    Dunno @qwizzie but I am able to get some PS IS TXes through!

upload_2018-11-19_1-6-35.png

Since there are still not enough MNs for IS to work on large TXes since you need a large quorum, you gotta send a single input and take no change.

Steps

0) Enable coin control
    1) Click on inputs and select one input that has mixed enough rounds accroding to how many rounds you are mixing to. Click OK.
    2) Check the following three boxes, Subtract fee from amount, PS and IS
    3) Copy the amount from the top of the screen, right click copy an paste into the amount field.
    4) Fill in the address details and click send.

If you did it right, it is a one input, one output TX and will get IS locked !
    -X

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. qwizzie

Hello instant-locked transaction :

[​IMG]

Thank you xkcd

To UdjinM6 : maybe adjust the column-wide a tiny bit, so the lock symbol fits in it more (without user having to widen the column)
    Actually i think my monitor resolution interfered there, when i ignore high dpi in windows it looks just fine.

Funny thing, the lock symbol disappears again when the transaction is fully confirmed (six confirmations).
    Which makes sense.

#53 qwizzie, Nov 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  24. TanteStefana

Foundation Member

I don't know if anyone ever answered your question, but since every transaction on the network is going to be an IS transaction, this is unnecessary.

Thank you so much, xkcd

So, I have another problem:

14:00:08
    protx register_prepare e68611bb8bfa7ef3f65e8e3a880c5088b9766de0c892f9293bd808704fa75a3d 0 IP:19999 yUEhRFS6cZ9njP7DmQ4UdaBjkDgCvzRNLi 956adf179a20930bdc106a1d07446a2967f15d59df91f4a8895dccfe7df9334478c870d7af2aaca23b43e3b5fd81130a yUEhRFS6cZ9njP7DmQ4UdaBjkDgCvzRNLi 0 yg8G647Sqg6xqh3z2XSv4ZFrXmueCTa8NV
    14:00:08

Insufficient funds. (code -32603)

If I double click on my transaction, I get my transaction ID and output Index. Are these not the same as I would find on the explorers? (I cant't find the index # on the testnet explorers undoubtedly because I am kinda dyslexic and when layouts are all different, I run up against a wall, LOL. I'm used to chainz...

There are 554 confirmations (again, thank you xkcd!)

25. xkcd

xkcd Member

Dash Address:
    Hi @TanteStefana, A lot of questions there, but I think I can help you. Firstly the 'protx submit' command does require some tDASH to pay for the miner, so in case that is your issue I just sent you some extra tDASH for that. There is a working explorer you can use https://testnet-insight.dashevo.org/insight/address/yebcSn2s3cdw75BQgiVV76itL1fAk5T6rW but it isn't as good as the cryptoid one. You should be able to verify the output hash and index by typing in 'masternode outputs' in the QT wallet. Your 'protx register_prepare' looks OK to me. However, remember that you first have to create a regular tMN before updating to tDMN. I just checked the tMNs on testnet and could not find yours there. So make sure you first setup it up as a regular tMN.

Good Luck!
    -X

26. TanteStefana

Foundation Member

AH! That's the problem! It's a fresh setup and I did not get it running before hand! Thanks so much!

27. xkcd

xkcd Member

Dash Address:
    @UdjinM6 While mixing, I noticed these red X on my screen for 'conflicted' transactions. I was mixing for 16 rounds with multi-session enabled on 13.0RC4. Is this something you are interested in? Is this a bug or expected behaviour?

upload_2018-11-19_12-22-13.png

28. TanteStefana

Foundation Member

Ugh, I'm having a hell of a time syncing. This is my 4th attempt, it was stuck at 18 hours forever. I've tried deleting peers.dat this time and reindexed. Is it really slow to sync on testnet? Earlier I saw more than 400 nodes, so I would think not, but???

29. qwizzie

Try keeping only v.13 nodes in your peers tab (kick the others), then copy a bunch of them that seem reliable (stay connected) and put them as nodes in your dash.conf (addnode=ipaddress).
    Lastly delete the peers.dat file and start the wallet again.

You can add these for now :

addnode=140.82.59.51:19999
    addnode=66.244.243.87:19999
    addnode=145.239.235.17:19999

#59 qwizzie, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  30. UdjinM6

UdjinM6 Official Dash Dev
    Dash Core Team Moderator

• Informative Informative x 3