• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

Yes, I had tried the bootstrap to speed things up (a bit), but that doesn't help with 1 hour behind budget.
Another wallet got stuck 5 hours behind because i didn't delete block/chain state or any other files, didn't use bootstrap.. just to test it out.. :)

Another wallet got stuck 5 hours behind because i didn't delete block/chain state or any other files, didn't use bootstrap.. just to test it out.. :)

I deleted everything - including wallet.dat. It should not get stuck, with or without bootstrap. Bootstrap just puts blockchain on your disk so you don't have to download it.

Why does the new code backup the wallet automatically? It is scary to find out that my wallet.dat is automatically backup every time I run the client. What if some attacker finds it when I thought I removed my wallet from the system? It also gives me a fatal error when I tried to create a new wallet by deleting the old wallet.dat followed by running the client.

EXCEPTION: N5boost10filesystem16filesystem_errorE
boost::filesystem::copy_file: No such file or directory: "..."
I could have sworn at one time I saw where you could change that option, at least "Number of defaults" - which I assumed could be set to "0".
Sorry, can't seem to find it anymore, not even available to change in Windows registry... :confused:

I could have sworn at one time I saw where you could change that option, at least "Number of defaults" - which I assumed could be set to "0".
Sorry, can't seem to find it anymore, not even available to change in Windows registry... :confused:
GermanRed+ use `createwalletbackups=0` in dash.conf or `-createwalletbackups=0` in command line to disable backups

Why does the new code backup the wallet automatically? It is scary to find out that my wallet.dat is automatically backup every time I run the client. What if some attacker finds it when I thought I removed my wallet from the system?

Weighting the risk of having an attacker finding on old, not password-protected wallet.dat and NOT your current wallet.dat against losing coins because of a corrupt wallet.dat is the reasoning. Remember, most noobs never make backups. And, as Udjn already said, you can easily switch it off.

It also gives me a fatal error when I tried to create a new wallet by deleting the old wallet.dat followed by running the client.
EXCEPTION: N5boost10filesystem16filesystem_errorE
boost::filesystem::copy_file: No such file or directory: "..."

Exactly HOW did you delete which wallet.dat (a normal one or one in the "backups" folder) ? Was the wallet/daemon still running?

Which name did you give the new wallet file?

Which operating system?

Just-in-case someone still wonders where to find those command-line options....

upload_2015-8-15_18-41-50.png

We are getting some complaints that Linux versions on official download site is containing older protocol version 70102 instead of 70103
even after Evan updated it, can someone verify both links there ? (32 bit and 64 bit)

We are getting some complaints that Linux versions on official download site is containing older protocol version 70102 instead of 70103
even after Evan updated it, can someone verify both links there ? (32 bit and 64 bit)
I have been getting 70103 on the 64 bit version for the last several hours.

K - I can't find documentation to compile the DASH Qt in Linux
Links??
info??

Back