V12 Release

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
It's a pain when you connect directly to your mn and you have only that peer connected. Blocks are synced but it takes long hours to sync masternodes, sporks from one peer (I need to connect more of them). I thought I don't need to wait for it to start a mn. I think I was synced with one which worked.
I'll check Lebubar's way later. Thanks
You can grab many v12 peers and add multiple "connect=IP" strings in dash.conf at once. Also, did addnode method failed for you?

Reactions: moli and studioz

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
You can grab many v12 peers and add multiple "connect=IP" strings in dash.conf at once. Also, did addnode method failed for you?
Is "connect=IP" a new replacement for "addnode=IP" ?

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
Is "connect=IP" a new replacement for "addnode=IP" ?
No, it's an old one.
"addnode" - add some node(s) to your list of peers (you will connect as usual but will also try to connect to this/these one(s))
"connect" - connect only to specified node(s)

Reactions: moli

Lukas_Jackson

Nov 9, 2014
It failed too. I'm trying one mn after another and I think I will need to wait for the network to update or make a new vin and genkey.
I saw for a few seconds "remove" once on hot side and my mn dropped out. Only one started without problem. But it's me so I will have to fight with the rest ;)
Thanks

dark-sailor

May 9, 2014
Hi all

Masternodes updated all looking good congrats to everyone.
Did Even say there were proposals to vote on because when I type mnbudget show nothing shows?

donho

Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 16, 2014
is the pool police active again? We need more pools to update or there is no incentive for MNs to upgrade. At the moment the average Earnings per day are still 4times higher for MN owners when they stay on the old version :(

Edit: Just sent coinmine.pl a reminder to be so kind to upgrade :)

Last edited by a moderator:

AjM

Foundation Member
Jun 23, 2014
Finland
UdjinM6 There is a small bug in the bottom progress bar.

If wallet blockchain is fully synced when wallet is starting, masternode, budget, etc sync pbar shows correctly 'xx %'.

But if wallet blockchain is NOT synced when wallet is starting, then masternode, budget, etc sync pbar shows incorrectly 'xx behind'.

djcrypto

May 27, 2014
just delete peers.dat & mncache.dat and do a -reindex with new version 0.12.0.45
thats pretty much it.

oh and most rpc commands have moved to dash-cli, so only use dashd to start and use dash-cli for the other rpc commands.
Oh hell, i can just as well show it in details :

Hot Wallet

./dashd stop

replace old dashd with new winrar extracted dashd with help of WINSCP

add new winrar extracted dash-cli to same location as dashd with help of WINSCP

chmod +x ./dashd

chmod +x ./dash-cli

rm ~/.dash/peers.dat

rm ~/.dash/mncache.dat

./dashd --reindex

./dash-cli getinfo

wait for full sync

Cold wallet :

replace old dash-qt.exe with new dash-qt.exe

delete peers.dat & mncache.dat

start wallet with commandline option -reindex

wait for full sync

issue "masternode start passphrase"

Hot wallet :

./dash-cli masternodelist full | grep -e IPADDRESS

Hi, When I try to use cmd "./dashd --reindex" It says "Dash server starting"
When I use cmd "./dash-cli getinfo" it says "error: couldn't connect to server"
Also my server freezes whenever I use any ./dash-cli commands. Any ideas?

Lukas_Jackson

Nov 9, 2014
It's still working
Try
pidof dashd
you'll get a number xxxx and then
kill -9 xxxx
And start ./dashd again

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
UdjinM6 There is a small bug in the bottom progress bar.

If wallet blockchain is fully synced when wallet is starting, masternode, budget, etc sync pbar shows correctly 'xx %'.

But if wallet blockchain is NOT synced when wallet is starting, then masternode, budget, etc sync pbar shows incorrectly 'xx behind'.
Did I already said that I suck at GUI things? :rolleyes::D Preparing a fix right now :)

Reactions: AjM and moli

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
What's in debug.log? Any errors?

elbereth

Dash Support Group
Mar 25, 2014
Costa Rica
dashninja.pl
Dash Address
XkfkHqMnhvQovo7kXQjvnNiFnQhRNZYCsz
UdjinM6 djcrypto

I have similar issues with my dashd, although I suspect it may be because my VPSs can't handle the demands of V12. I have 256 memory with 256 swap. I am upgrading to 512/512 and seeing if that helps. Crypto, what are your VPS specs?
My p2pool 0.12.0.45 dashd is using 410MB. And that is the one using the most ram. The one using the lowest amount is at 329MB. Even my 0.11.2.23 node is at 308MB.
256MB might be too tight...

B

buster

If ya not sure about the difference between dashd and dash-cli and how to issue commands here's a video I made that might help.
Sorry for quality of video had to go kinda quick cause I'm on a short time schedule right now.

Please Note: the dashd and dash-cli clients should be in the same directory. I'm sure there's ways around this but I not gonna be showing you that today.

Also Note: I'm running the dashd on my local machine. Assuming you are ssh'ing into a VPS or something of the sort it's all the same non-the-less. I do have to use two terminals though.

Last Note: Make sure you chmod dashd and dash-cli as you normally would.

Last edited:

the-baker

Mar 12, 2015
Now I clicked your video to learn what the dash-tx is about, but you didn't show :p Thanks for the tutorial anyway.
from the bitcoin 0.10 release notes (https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.10.0):

bitcoin-tx is a newly introduced command line utility designed to enable easy manipulation of bitcoin transactions. A summary of its operation may be obtained via “bitcoin-tx –help” Transactions may be created or signed in a manner similar to the RPC raw tx API. Transactions may be updated, deleting inputs or outputs, or appending new inputs and outputs. Custom scripts may be easily composed using a simple text notation, borrowed from the bitcoin test suite.

This tool may be used for experimenting with new transaction types, signing multi-party transactions, and many other uses. Long term, the goal is to deprecate and remove “pure function” RPC API calls, as those do not require a server round-trip to execute.
just replace "bitcoin" with "dash" and you're in business :)

moli

Grizzled Member
Aug 5, 2014
Now I clicked your video to learn what the dash-tx is about, but you didn't show :p Thanks for the tutorial anyway.
Buster was trying to help but he had little time and forgot to mention "dash-tx.exe"... But I collected the sites that explain those rpc commands and posted here, hope it can help:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-152#post-63729

Reactions: pille
B

buster

At my current rate, 19+ help videos with over 60 hours of my time dedicated and only 7 dash donation to me that is currently $2.85 an hour and I'm being modest. Want better videos, wanna know how to use dash-tx, then pay a professional. Sorry for the butt hurt response just tired of ungrateful people and u hit the nail on the coffin for me.

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
At my current rate, 19+ help videos with over 60 hours of my time dedicated and only 7 dash donation to me that is currently $2.85 an hour and I'm being modest. Want better videos, wanna know how to use dash-tx, then pay a professional. Sorry for the butt hurt response just tired of ungrateful people and u hit the nail on the coffin for me.
I'm going to double that but you should put your address in your signature :tongue:

Lebubar

Mar 15, 2014
Hi,

I think the new version need more resource, what I'm seen is that my MN crashed more often, (not so much but 2 out of 15 last 24h).
Maybe we'll need to have better VPS? But should be interesting to know of it's RAM that is needed (most probably), or cpu? Or Bandwidth?

Also someone on BCT complaining about the crash of his MN (and saw some message here also from Tao,...). I think we have to check this carefully as I think that some MN operators are capable to sold their MN, if they didn't have their payment with silver spoon directly in their mouth ;) A part of this it's important to have stable daemon for MN, also for an healthy Network.

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Donated a little something, but I second that you should update your sig, thanks for all the work,
fb85622624a4f679c....

Reactions: UdjinM6 and moli

SirHikmat

Nov 15, 2014
Hi,

I think the new version need more resource, what I'm seen is that my MN crashed more often, (not so much but 2 out of 15 last 24h).
Maybe we'll need to have better VPS? But should be interesting to know of it's RAM that is needed (most probably), or cpu? Or Bandwidth?

Also someone on BCT complaining about the crash of his MN (and saw some message here also from Tao,...). I think we have to check this carefully as I think that some MN operators are capable to sold their MN, if they didn't have their payment with silver spoon directly in their mouth ;) A part of this it's important to have stable daemon for MN, also for an healthy Network.
Like elbereth mention, you need for the new release at least 350 MB RAM to be safe. Mine needs 329 MB RAM in a high performance debian jessie system.
CPU: in my opinion not the problem, mine needs 238 MHz.