• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v12.2 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
@UdjinM6

Test report - Win 7 x64 - v0.12.2.0-4ecbedb

Note: blocktime was in this test about (PITA slow) 6-10 mins.

Mixing test:
2 wallets, 200 tDASH, 2 rounds,
both wallets completed mixing in 40 minutes,
final balance was 230 tDASH in each wallet.

Normal send test:
Works ok.

IS send test:
Works ok.

PS send test:
Did not find enough funds,
amount 12 tDASH, PS balance 81 tDASH.

PS + IS test:
Did not find enough funds,
amount 12 tDASH, PS balance 81 tDASH.
Strange, i repeated your steps with regards to PrivateSend :

Win 10 x64 - v0.12.2.0-4ecbedb

PS+IS :
XgnpY3i.jpg

Result : OK

PS only :

LLAa0WE.jpg

Could it be because your wallet was still syncing (90%) ?
Did you try to send other PrivateSend amounts ?

Last edited:
Strange, i repeated your steps with regards to PrivateSend :

Win 10 x64 - v0.12.2.0-4ecbedb

PS+IS :
XgnpY3i.jpg

PS only :

LLAa0WE.jpg

Could it be because your wallet was still syncing (90%) ?
Did you try to send other PrivateSend amounts ?
No, blockchain was full sync, and it's not needed to be full sync if you send.
No i did not try other amounts, wallet should be smart enough to select PS inputs itself, not user.
Screenshot from inputs attached.

inputs.png

Is Sentinel moving from v1.0.x to v0.12.2.x? If so, I am going to have to do some juggling to make sure the DNF/RPM package manager "does the right thing". Since 0.12.2 is < 1.0. I.e., Have we settled on a version scheme for Sentinel?

I think Sentinel has independant version numbers... It was at start 1.0.0 and currently is at 1.0.1
so i suspect if Sentinel version change, it will change to 1.0.2

But please correct me if i'm wrong here...

Last edited:
I thought we fixed this in v.0.12.1 by letting go of the denomination in the 100 amount,
apparantely not.

Link to where this came up during testing of v12.1 : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/12-1-testnet-testing-phase-two-ignition.10818/page-11#post-110350

In the end i think this was the solution that was implemented for v12.1 with regards to that issue :

HJtANyg.jpg
In my case, the problem is there is not enough 1.00001 inputs mixed with 2 rounds, only one.
So, wallet need to split 10.00001 input or tell to user what the problem is exactly or suggest to auto quick mix one 1.00001 input more.

In my case, the problem is there is not enough 1.00001 inputs mixed with 2 rounds, only one.
So, wallet need to split 10.00001 input or tell to user what the problem is exactly or suggest to auto quick mix one 1.00001 input more.

I just remember how i'm dealing with this issue on Mainnet. I normally mix the amount i want to privatesend with a reasonable high number of rounds (lets say 6).
I then create a privatesend transaction to myself, just to see if i can get the privatesend transaction through (i cancel it at the end).

If it can not get through because wallet says "not enough denominated funds available", then i set the number of rounds to mix one round lower (in this case to round 5)
and try a new privatesend transaction to see if it gets through.

Its a little workaround to get some of my masternode payments to an exchange through privatesend, when there is a deadline on when that transaction needs to be
known on the blockchain (some exchanges give you a limited time window to sent your Dash to their specific address).

I agree there should be a better solution for this....

This issue is limited to the wallet code I am assuming. Can we address this little wart in a minor release after 12.2?

I just remember how i'm dealing with this issue on Mainnet. I normally mix the amount i want to privatesend with a reasonable high number of rounds (lets say 6).
I then create a privatesend transaction to myself, just to see if i can get the privatesend transaction through (i cancel it at the end).

If it can not get through because wallet says "not enough denominated funds available", then i set the number of rounds to mix one round lower (in this case to round 5)
and try a new privatesend transaction to see if it gets through.

Its a little workaround to get some of my masternode payments to an exchange through privatesend, when there is a deadline on when that transaction needs to be
known on the blockchain (some exchanges give you a limited time window to sent your Dash to their specific address).

I agree there should be a better solution for this....

Compilation in my 32bit old machine passed succesfully.
Lets vote the numbers now.

Hum, I had the wrong index number in my MN config. I don't see how I could have started the one MN successfully with the wrong index number though? Well, anyway, when I have enough confirmations, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to start the second MN. Also, now everything looks good.

Unlock wallet no longer has the option "for mixing only"? Is that because there is no other use for unlocking the wallet unless you're sending funds, so now it's the only option?

I'm sorry, I don't understaned why my wallet says disabled for all PS function on the overview tab when I enabled everything in the settings - options tabs. I've even restarted the wallet.

I've unlocked the wallet, still I can't select anything under "private send" and the two left buttons say Disabled as well as the main button there.

Do I need a special line in the dash.conf file?

Also, I have "watchdog expired" which just popped up. Not sure if it's something to be concerned about? I still have "masternode started successfully" ?

My other MN, has 51 confirmations but the remote server does not show the MN started. However the local wallet does show "started 1 MN successfully"

Gotta go to bed, getting ill, LOL :D Good night ya'all :)

Last edited:
Dash wallet will actually stop further mixing untill that Privatesend Collateral Payment transaction gets confirmed, is it really necessary to wait on that POW confirmation of these Privatesend Collateral Payments and thereby putting the mixing on hold ?

To @UdjinM6

Still hoping for a reply.

Edit : adjusted the quotation for clarity about what i'm asking

Last edited:
Dedicated tMN updated to v0.12.2.0-4ecbedb. Appears to be functioning pretty well and receiving payments. Shut it down, removed debug.log and restarted. Seeing quite a few of the errors below during MASTERNODE_SYNC_MNW.
Code:
2017-10-21 17:17:43 ERROR: CMasternodePaymentVote::CheckSignature -- Got bad Masternode payment signature, masternode=014a5a4145e228e2f92a38bd5e37cb1393e6185fc9a2b1ba99d689d974bae2a8-1, error: Keys don't match: pubkey=5d8d4b607f1dcc67025d8b82a2f19da9037dbf4b, pubkeyFromSig=21b12fd8f79a818979415c3f4c8f7e580ed617be, hash=3f0c217042461351a1078a6663c993d696014585c52edbecaf6c6172625f9b98, vchSig=G1IeGAs1aoZw2KCawmghA4U7c8H5Cl2Srzo9Y6EYRRM0TKq1RjVCNH7nZiIkQFm5udatY+C1wThX4/GB9KSVAkE=
2017-10-21 17:17:43 ERROR: CMasternodePaymentVote::CheckSignature -- Got bad Masternode payment signature, masternode=014a5a4145e228e2f92a38bd5e37cb1393e6185fc9a2b1ba99d689d974bae2a8-1, error: Keys don't match: pubkey=5d8d4b607f1dcc67025d8b82a2f19da9037dbf4b, pubkeyFromSig=21b12fd8f79a818979415c3f4c8f7e580ed617be, hash=815d843873cb3560963434d570ad9b18c91dc4267d61923d9a17f62b6bbe6f1b, vchSig=G254yUlcomsk+Q2TNuO0cpOZkxXY+b4xED0uflTPZHGmSr4b5YMdO5c+iN35AbVk4aiFptiKJHGRhGg9KoD0vUA=
2017-10-21 17:17:43 ERROR: CMasternodePaymentVote::CheckSignature -- Got bad Masternode payment signature, masternode=014a5a4145e228e2f92a38bd5e37cb1393e6185fc9a2b1ba99d689d974bae2a8-1, error: Keys don't match: pubkey=5d8d4b607f1dcc67025d8b82a2f19da9037dbf4b, pubkeyFromSig=21b12fd8f79a818979415c3f4c8f7e580ed617be, hash=bf9a675f24299273273ed2431abdf0f8bee3cad6dc68c8bcf307b9a73d83c5ae, vchSig=HBuQjzABInI/BCcJyi71vooGgCmWdXQ1hKq/woVGX2dHLWGpGV0ZSTsgW0lNTjRRJBLiH8g64sBM6GLrkpDjGVM=
I wonder if those are being caused by older nodes on the network? Will continue adding nodes/testing today and tomorrow. :)

Hum, I had the wrong index number in my MN config. I don't see how I could have started the one MN successfully with the wrong index number though? Well, anyway, when I have enough confirmations, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to start the second MN. Also, now everything looks good.

Unlock wallet no longer has the option "for mixing only"? Is that because there is no other use for unlocking the wallet unless you're sending funds, so now it's the only option?

I'm sorry, I don't understaned why my wallet says disabled for all PS function on the overview tab when I enabled everything in the settings - options tabs. I've even restarted the wallet.

I've unlocked the wallet, still I can't select anything under "private send" and the two left buttons say Disabled as well as the main button there.

Do I need a special line in the dash.conf file?

Also, I have "watchdog expired" which just popped up. Not sure if it's something to be concerned about? I still have "masternode started successfully" ?

My other MN, has 51 confirmations but the remote server does not show the MN started. However the local wallet does show "started 1 MN successfully"

Gotta go to bed, getting ill, LOL :D Good night ya'all :)
Remove "masternode=1" from local wallet dash.conf and use only masternode.conf and remote dash.conf, mixing is not supported on masternodes.

To @UdjinM6

Still hoping for a reply.

Edit : adjusted the quotation for clarity about what i'm asking
Good point, we could probably search for collateral id in mempool too. This shouldn't slow down mixing that much though, it should be a pretty rare event anyway. Also, having more irregularity probably even makes mixing process slightly better ;)

Thank you Udjin. You say mixing is not supported on masternodes, you mean on the 1000 single deposit, right? Because I'm mixing right now on the other coins that have in the same wallet, seemingly fine?

BTW, did you guys already fix all the bugs, making this a boring test for us all? LOL ;)

OK, maybe you are correct and I can't do PS with MNs in the wallet. I'm getting the error:

"Private Send request incomplete: collateral not valid, will retry"

Oh, OK, upon reading other comments, it looks like this is actually an issue with waiting for collateral payment to clear before being allowed to start mixing. Why was that necessary? Is that part of the bug that was found? Thanks for insight :)

Last edited:
Thank you Udjin. You say mixing is not supported on masternodes, you mean on the 1000 single deposit, right? Because I'm mixing right now on the other coins that have in the same wallet, seemingly fine?
No, I assumed that you started your wallet as a local masternode (i.e. you have "masternode=1" in local dash.conf) - that's when wallet turns all PS buttons into "Disabled". Another case is when wallet just tried to create a new automatic backup and it failed to do so for some reason. But I never saw this actually being the reason for anyone before, so I assumed that (most likely) it's the former.

BTW, did you guys already fix all the bugs, making this a boring test for us all? LOL ;)

Yep, everything seems to be working properly atm :)

I like the warning that there are very few number of keys left and that the wallet is about to make a backup for you, but you should make another separate backup. It's a nice reminder! Thanks on behalf of us old and senile :D

I'm sorry @UdjinM6 , I haven't had to touch my masternodes beyond restarting about 2-3 times total in all this time since 12.1 came out. Hence I totally forgot everything, and I don't follow directions very well. Not because I don't want to, but more due to ADD reasons, LOL. I figure I may be a pain in the butt but maybe I'm valuable in that I might do things so stupid you never would have thought to test such a thing, LOL.

Anyway, I have a watchdog expired issue. I downloaded the sentinel folder, all other dependencies were previously installed, so I didn't redo any of that. should I have?

And finally, additional: My mixing, only 3 rounds, is stuck at 93% and the message is "submitted to Masternode, waiting in que" but it never progresses, just sticks there.

Really?????????????? How do I constantly miss these things!

NOTE: Make sure you pulled Sentinel from `core-v0.12.2.x` branch and changed network to `testnet` in `sentinel.conf`.

OK, lets see if I can get the MNs to work now, LOL

Is the protocol 70208 correct? How can I tell if I screwed up Sentinel? Or that I have the correct version? Still not getting over "watchdog expired despite changing the conf file. Is there a command to restart sentinel? Thanks :)

Last edited:
to @UdjinM6

With regards to PrivateSend and the message "Not enough denominated funds available", maybe we could extend it to this :

"Not enough denominated funds available, pls set the number of rounds to mix lower or higher. Note that lower rounds will be less secure
and higher rounds will need additional mixing time"

With regards to number of rounds to mix, this is currently maxed out at 8 rounds. I'm wondering if we could set it to 10 rounds. This means if PrivateSend transactions can not go through at 8 rounds because certain input amounts have too low number of rounds mixed, we still have two extra rounds to play with to get that PrivateSend transaction send with the strongest anonymity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back