Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

v0.11.2.x Testing

Discussion in 'Testing' started by eduffield, Mar 4, 2015.

1. UdjinM6

UdjinM6 Official Dash Dev
    Dash Core Team Moderator

Well, duplicate IPs is a known problem, nothing new on that. Even on elbereth site you can see "Total Masternodes: 2383 = 2377 actives + 6 inactives [2112 unique IPs]" https://dashninja.pl/masternodes.html or "Current Number of Masternodes: 2384 (unique IPs: 2116)" on page by crowning http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_payments_stats.html.
    And this node have yet another IP Address: 37.157.253.66 now but I don't see anything special about it...

• Like Like x 1
  2. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Grizzled Member
    Foundation Member

Thanks for looking guys, I'm in and out, and didn't investigate myself. Just wanted to be sure that if there was a problem, somebody should know :)

So does this mean that people are running more than one MN on one ip address? and if so, are they only getting paid half the time? I'd think that's what would happen, no? If so, it's kind of their problem, no?

3. UdjinM6

Dash Core Team Moderator

http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-116 :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. dutchn0mad

dutchn0mad Active Member
    Foundation Member

The special thing here is, I'm running 1 masternode on 1 vps/ip address. However my IP address was shown 2 times with ./dashd masternodelist, and one of the nodes using it is on Choopa, while I'm on Digital Ocean. Another masternode shouldn't be able to spoof my IP address and siphon of my masternode payments ...

Anyway, after a couple of hours the bandit was gone. But not sure if this could happen again..

5. bigrcanada

bigrcanada Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

HI UdjinM6. thanks....no I was certainly not panicking. I'm in crypto for education some fun and maybe few years from now have a good little stash of Dash to add to my retirement. I was just curious.

No word if we get to beta test the mobile wallets? ;)

6. UdjinM6

Dash Core Team Moderator

Please follow link in my post above (jira).

TL;DR: That's one of the issues PoSe should solve but it's not yet implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  7. UdjinM6

Dash Core Team Moderator

I was just kidding, I know you not going to dump and scream when someone post something ;) sorry if that was not clear :oops:

I'd love to test iPhone wallet too but it's not yet ready even for internal testing afaik. All I know is some parts (X11 and network) is proved to be working. Waiting eagerly for the first test build too :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. bigrcanada

Foundation Member

well...all is well. wow...had several hours in transit to kill and spent all my time trying to fight trolls. pointless I know..but I only had my smartphone or a airport magazine. I fought trolls. There is no winning though. So I'm staying off BCT for the next month, I'm not even logging on. You guys are my support group.

In the mean time....when is there something to test again?

• Like Like x 1
  9. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

Since extensive wallet-backups once saved my precious Litecoin-ass (back in the days when Litecoin still had some value) I'm implementing something like this right now.

Maybe Evan even approves it :)

Update: done, see https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/306

#729 crowning, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Bridgewater

Bridgewater Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

It is only pointless if you subscribe to the theory that ignoring them is the best way to handle them. Not everyone thinks it is, and your perseverance over the last few weeks was appreciated by those of us who choose to read the entire thread, warts and all.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bigrcanada

Foundation Member

Thanks Bridgewater. I think it's pointless only because they can and never will change. Further... I think in the end, I become totally frustrated in the process. It's annoying and in the end corrosive. The lines become blurred between their actions and my counter reactions . I've wasted several weeks of free time and not accomplished anything. It's better that I avoid that situation altogether.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Grizzled Member
    Foundation Member

That's really cool! I think I lost some of my dark because I did darksend then didn't back up my wallet, and accidentally deleted a recent version. So yah, good idea!

Actually, I'm thankful for those of you who keep the record straight. I can't do it anymore because it just gets me so down now. It's great when you all do that but keep the quotes away, that way, my blood pressure doesn't go up, LOL. It's inconceivable to me that people can be so crooked! But of course, I intellectually know they are, yet it's still hard to take, LOL.

• Like Like x 2
  13. HowlingMad

HowlingMad Member

{"Result":"rogue","SubVer":"\/Core:0.11.2.22\/","NextCheck":"1428783496","ErrorMessage":"dseep [6473656570]"},

This is the result from Dashninja's api regarding one of my MN's. I realize I am a non-conformist, but hadn't though I had gone Rogue! :D
    Any ideas what this implies?

14. HowlingMad

HowlingMad Member

Two things: I am still not getting the correct number of masternodes on the INFO page. I tried deleting mncache.dat, peers,dat, and a -reindex. upload_2015-4-11_16-26-20.png
    I have another wallet, on same computer, that responds correctly. Any ideas?

Also could somebody go into Djira and update the versions so we can open tickets?

15. HowlingMad

HowlingMad Member

Udjin, Snogcel,
    Wouldn't this just be splitting the value into two separate display fields and then applying the font change? Sorry not much of a CSS guy. My last programming efforts were dbase/clipper and a little RPG. (Oops, showing my age) :eek:

16. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

It would need an additional field in the Qt-form and some C++ coding to fill it.

I can do this if wanted by the general public and agreed to by eduffield :)

17. MangledBlue

MangledBlue Well-known Member

Where are we at in testing????

18. HowlingMad

HowlingMad Member

Not sure, been awful quiet here today.

• Like Like x 1
  19. moli

moli Grizzled Member

Testnet is kinda dead now... So I think probably your wallet was on a wrong fork and that was why it saw only 2 MNs.

If you put this wallet on Mainnet and it sees correct number of MNs then there's nothing to worry about. :)

20. Sub-Ether

Sub-Ether Well-known Member

I bought my first ever android phone other day so know very little but you can help me over here,
    https://dashtalk.org/threads/android-wallet-for-dash-beta-testing.4510/

21. HowlingMad

HowlingMad Member

Thanks Moli! Yes, I am getting 32 MN's now. I had to reindex again after it forked.

• Like Like x 2
  22. HowlingMad

HowlingMad Member

Sub-Ether, Thanks for the notice about the Dash Android app. It took some effort to get it downloaded and installed but it is working. Something that did strike me that I hadn't thought about was that dash-qt does not display nor can it read QR codes. As a payment system, the ability to work with QR codes is a REQUIREMENT, not an option.

I was able to email a payment request from the phone, so that worked.

23. Sub-Ether

Sub-Ether Well-known Member

Displays ok for receiving, goto request payment on dash-qt, can't see the send anywhere?

24. HowlingMad

HowlingMad Member

Sub, I stand corrected. Yes, the receive page will display a QR code by using the SHOW button.

25. yidakee

yidakee Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

I think the behaviour of the QT has changed sine a few version ago. I'd also like to suggest a slight, yet great feature.

OSx here...

- When I send funds, I drop in the amount, click on the "Choose previously used address", click on any give addy, and press enter. Before, pressing Enter would choose that addy and populate the send field. Now, because the "New" button is highlighted by default, pressing enter opens the dialog to add a new address. I keep on doing it every time and its a bit frustrating. Kinda sucks, 'cos you are forced to use your mouse (or use tab a few times) to get to "Choose" button.

Suggestion on feature

- When you copy/paste a known address, if it's labelled it will automatically fill in the label in the send field. Would be awesome if it were inter-compatible, meaning, it would be great if I filled in the amount, then clicked on label and start typing for example "John Doe" and the address auto-fills. That would save a few clicks and wouldn't even need to open contact list.

26. AjM

AjM Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Fantastic, thanks!!

• Like Like x 1
  27. MangledBlue

MangledBlue Well-known Member

WOW - looks like new feature soon to be incoming :)

• Like Like x 1
  28. AjM

AjM Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

crowning

How this autobackup handle situation if there are example two wallets with different names?

And if there are 5 wallets, max 10 backups are maybe too insufficient ?

29. the-baker

the-baker Member

From what I can tell, it only backups the active wallet (wallet.dat or whatever you passed in the -wallet switch). And it looks like the cleanup routine only keeps the 10 newest files, so there might be a problem if you have one wallet that you use every day and another you use only once per month (the once per month one won't have backups most of the time).

Disclaimer: I didn't actually test it, I just looked over the code. So don't take my word for it :)

30. AjM

AjM Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

And if you have 10 wallets...
    I suggest to make sub folder to backup folder, folder named as wallet file name, and put backups in there.

Example:
    There is 3 wallets: wallet_1.dat, wallet_mn.dat, testwallet.dat

dash\backup\wallet_1\
    - wallet_1_backup_file_1
    - wallet_1_backup_file_2
    - wallet_1_backup_file_3

dash\backup\wallet_mn\
    - wallet_mn_backup_file_1
    - wallet_mn_backup_file_2
    - wallet_mn_backup_file_3

dash\backup\testwallet\
    - testwallet_backup_file_1